King of the Hill (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the Blast isn't as effective as a straight-up punch would be (that Power Attack for 2 isn't any good), but I wanted to mix it up. It appears as though it doesn't matter. A natural 1 is as a natural 1 does. Finally, I figured that the miss would still hit something - just not what I was aiming for. It's clear that it's a different sort of attack than the one that Nanowire shrugged off without effort.

I know that the Blast isn't as effective as a straight-up punch would be (that Power Attack for 2 isn't any good), but I wanted to mix it up. It appears as though it doesn't matter. A natural 1 is as a natural 1 does. Finally, I figured that the miss would still hit something - just not what I was aiming for. It's clear that it's a different sort of attack than the one that Nanowire shrugged off without effort.

Well, I don't know about flat-footed, but I will hold off on attacking this round, and ask you to surrender. After all, this isn't a fight to the death (or the unconscious). He'll take total defense, which doesn't do much for him with his usual low defense. After all, a PC who keeps spending his action to defend will always lose a one-on-one battle.

Well, I don't know about flat-footed, but I will hold off on attacking this round, and ask you to surrender. After all, this isn't a fight to the death (or the unconscious). He'll take total defense, which doesn't do much for him with his usual low defense. After all, a PC who keeps spending his action to defend will always lose a one-on-one battle.

Okay, Nanowire has blasted out of there, moving 69 miles per second. Of course, this is impossible in real life - you'd either burn up in the atmosphere, leaving a ten mile long carbon streak that was all that was left of your remains, or you'd simply go splat as the air compressed into an effectively infinitely thick steel wall.

Ain't rubber physics grand? :D

Nanowire will be back next turn, bringing a whole mess of pain with him.

Okay, Nanowire has blasted out of there, moving 69 miles per second. Of course, this is impossible in real life - you'd either burn up in the atmosphere, leaving a ten mile long carbon streak that was all that was left of your remains, or you'd simply go splat as the air compressed into an effectively infinitely thick steel wall.

Your flight power is based on gravitics, correct? In most concievable implementations of gravitic-based flight, it would be fairly trivial to use the same tech that's directly moving you to move the air out of the way for reduced drag. The fact that you're being gravitically accellerated takes away any inertial problems that might stem from acceleration, too.

No rubber physics required.

Your flight power is based on gravitics, correct? In most concievable implementations of gravitic-based flight, it would be fairly trivial to use the same tech that's directly moving you to move the air out of the way for reduced drag. The fact that you're being gravitically accellerated takes away any inertial problems that might stem from acceleration, too.