King of the Hill (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Nanowire has made a fairly unorthidox move - first, a unskilled Stealth roll for 18 which you have to make before you can attack. If you don't make it, you're taking a DC 30 tougness save. If you do, Nanowire is five kinds of ****ed. :)

EDIT: Crap, I screwed up. I did a Slam, which uses completely different rules concerning damage. It turned out okay, as I still needed to get the right blance of trade-offs, but techincally, I could have done +16 damage without the Power Attack - now if only I was PL 12... :) Oh, and your Immovable 3 wouldn't help you out since I have Unstoppable 5 - enough to eliminate that plus jack up the Knockback.

Okay, Nanowire has made a fairly unorthidox move - first, a unskilled Stealth roll for 18 which you have to make before you can attack. If you don't make it, you're taking a DC 30 tougness save. If you do, Nanowire is five kinds of ****ed. :)

EDIT: Crap, I screwed up. I did a Slam, which uses completely different rules concerning damage. It turned out okay, as I still needed to get the right blance of trade-offs, but techincally, I could have done +16 damage without the Power Attack - now if only I was PL 12... :) Oh, and your Immovable 3 wouldn't help you out since I have Unstoppable 5 - enough to eliminate that plus jack up the Knockback.

Based on what we heard from Barnum, I have a negative DC for the notice check. For what it's worth, I also have Super-Senses which could actually allow me to sense your approach, so that's what I assumed happened.

First, Heavy took his readied action to try to hit you. That missed with a 7, then you had your attack, which also missed. Since he knew you were about to blast away, he attacked as hard as he could again, and hit this time with a 21.

Based on what we heard from Barnum, I have a negative DC for the notice check. For what it's worth, I also have Super-Senses which could actually allow me to sense your approach, so that's what I assumed happened.

First, Heavy took his readied action to try to hit you. That missed with a 7, then you had your attack, which also missed. Since he knew you were about to blast away, he attacked as hard as he could again, and hit this time with a 21.

Ouch. Yeah, Nanowire's out with a 13 rolled vs. a 32 Toughness save. The brevity of the in-game post is just from his POV, but I don't think too much happened beyond that - even with +17 damage, he wouldn't have suffered any knockback. 12 impervious toughness and 5 points of immovable will do that. My inverse bell curve strikes again...

Well, here's the after-action report: I screwed the pooch on this one bad. There's just no way else to explain it. I didn't want to take advantage of my player knowledge that your Blast couldn't hurt me, so I stayed more or less in hand-to-hand the whole time. That, plus my inexperience in the intracasies of M&M fouled me up something awful. Oh, and three successful saves on your part? ass... :)

Where we go from here is up to us, I guess, but I like the idea that Nanowire has debt to an actual criminal hanging over his head now. More good roleplaying stuff to handle. Once you get back, we'll wrap this sucker up and decide what to do next.

Good match, by the way. Big thumbs up. ;)

Ouch. Yeah, Nanowire's out with a 13 rolled vs. a 32 Toughness save. The brevity of the in-game post is just from his POV, but I don't think too much happened beyond that - even with +17 damage, he wouldn't have suffered any knockback. 12 impervious toughness and 5 points of immovable will do that. My inverse bell curve strikes again...

Well, here's the after-action report: I screwed the pooch on this one bad. There's just no way else to explain it. I didn't want to take advantage of my player knowledge that your Blast couldn't hurt me, so I stayed more or less in hand-to-hand the whole time. That, plus my inexperience in the intracasies of M&M fouled me up something awful. Oh, and three successful saves on your part? ass... :)

Where we go from here is up to us, I guess, but I like the idea that Nanowire has debt to an actual criminal hanging over his head now. More good roleplaying stuff to handle. Once you get back, we'll wrap this sucker up and decide what to do next.

Loved it guys! Thanks for being (what I believe to be) the first to PvP on this forum. Twas very entertaining and a great match - it really could have gone either way.

Actually, the fight between Nightrival/Shadowboxer and Maelstrom/Uninverted came first, with the first in-game post coming on Oct. 30th. Ours started on Nov. 5th. Still, ours was better. :P

Loved it guys! Thanks for being (what I believe to be) the first to PvP on this forum. Twas very entertaining and a great match - it really could have gone either way.

Actually, the fight between Nightrival/Shadowboxer and Maelstrom/Uninverted came first, with the first in-game post coming on Oct. 30th. Ours started on Nov. 5th. Still, ours was better. :P

For the record, if a target can "spot" you (with an accurate sense), then you can't use stealth to hide without some sort of diversion.

Well done, guys.

For the record, if a target can "spot" you (with an accurate sense), then you can't use stealth to hide without some sort of diversion.

Well done, guys.

Well done, guys.