King of the Hill (OOC)

Barnum

This is the OOC thread for the IC thread King of the Hill. It is a villain duel between Heavy and Nanowire.

1. Here is a full-sized version of the map: The Arena.

2. I would like to keep as much of the discussion as we can out in the open and posted in this thread, so that others can see an example of how to have a PvP duel. But I understand if there are some things you want to keep secret; PM those to me. We will, however, handle all dice rolls out in the open.

3. Use [KotH] as a prefix before your hero name as your Character Name for rolls in this battle (e.g. "[KotH] Heavy").

4. Everyone will start the match with 1 HP and "all powered up," whatever that means for you.

5. The first thing I need is an initiative roll. We will post in initiative order, starting with your position on the map. I don't expect that I will need to do much writing, but let me check in after each post before we move on. Since this won't be writing intensive for me, I should be able to check in her several times a day.

So, roll your initiative, post the result here, and whoever wins makes the first post, posting their grand entrance (and their position on the map). Then the loser will post their entrance. Then the battle will begin.

Questions?

[Edit] Also, if you want, feel free to ad me to your IM clients. I'm on in the evenings a bit, so that might be a quicker method of talking to me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the OOC thread for the IC thread King of the Hill. It is a villain duel between Heavy and Nanowire.

2. I would like to keep as much of the discussion as we can out in the open and posted in this thread, so that others can see an example of how to have a PvP duel. But I understand if there are some things you want to keep secret; PM those to me. We will, however, handle all dice rolls out in the open.

3. Use [KotH] as a prefix before your hero name as your Character Name for rolls in this battle (e.g. "[KotH] Heavy").

4. Everyone will start the match with 1 HP and "all powered up," whatever that means for you.

5. The first thing I need is an initiative roll. We will post in initiative order, starting with your position on the map. I don't expect that I will need to do much writing, but let me check in after each post before we move on. Since this won't be writing intensive for me, I should be able to check in her several times a day.

So, roll your initiative, post the result here, and whoever wins makes the first post, posting their grand entrance (and their position on the map). Then the loser will post their entrance. Then the battle will begin.

Questions?

[Edit] Also, if you want, feel free to ad me to your IM clients. I'm on in the evenings a bit, so that might be a quicker method of talking to me.

Questions?

Wow, this all happened quickly.

Okay, let me first assure you, and everyone out there, that I cannot use my Limitation to my advantage; that would be a blatant misuse of the discount I got for it. I cannot appropriate anything people are wearing, wielding, or otherwise have purchased with points. This includes if you want to pick up a piece of scenery and hit me with it. I cannot disarm you using that power. However, using a regular disarm, (and approval from the GM) I might be able to incorporate it into Nanowire's body instead of just knocking it away.

With that out of the way, I roll for initiative. Ouch. Technically, I got a one on my roll. Does that mean I still go last, even though my adjusted init is over 3? (It's a house rule at one of my games, but I don't know how you want to play it here.)

EDIT: And once again, I didn't read the whole instruction post. Sorry, Barnum. But you don't think I'd cheat to get a one, right? ;)

Okay, let me first assure you, and everyone out there, that I cannot use my Limitation to my advantage; that would be a blatant misuse of the discount I got for it. I cannot appropriate anything people are wearing, wielding, or otherwise have purchased with points. This includes if you want to pick up a piece of scenery and hit me with it. I cannot disarm you using that power. However, using a regular disarm, (and approval from the GM) I might be able to incorporate it into Nanowire's body instead of just knocking it away.

With that out of the way, I roll for initiative. Ouch. Technically, I got a one on my roll. Does that mean I still go last, even though my adjusted init is over 3? (It's a house rule at one of my games, but I don't know how you want to play it here.)

EDIT: And once again, I didn't read the whole instruction post. Sorry, Barnum. But you don't think I'd cheat to get a one, right? ;)

Nanowire is up first.

Post your "first appearance." Then Heavy posts.

Let the grim, but hilarious banter begin. You guys can chat, threaten, showoff, etc. for however long you want.

Whenever you are ready for the battle to begin, Nanowire, post the first attack.

Nanowire is up first.

Let the grim, but hilarious banter begin. You guys can chat, threaten, showoff, etc. for however long you want.

Whenever you are ready for the battle to begin, Nanowire, post the first attack.

Nanowire is up first.

Quick question: is there a story behind this, or are we just fighting for the hell of it?

EDIT: Oh, and Nanowire is over near the helepad. Let's just say he's in the middle for the sake of arguement.

I leave the story to you guys. Whatever you want is fine with me. Perhaps you can "talk up the problem" in your first few posts . . . you know, kinda like improv. :D

Quick question: is there a story behind this, or are we just fighting for the hell of it?

EDIT: Oh, and Nanowire is over near the helepad. Let's just say he's in the middle for the sake of arguement.

I leave the story to you guys. Whatever you want is fine with me. Perhaps you can "talk up the problem" in your first few posts . . . you know, kinda like improv. :D

Please ignore the psyche-out material. I've been reading altogether far too much Adam Warren. :)

I figure we'll do one more round of trash-talking, then get down to bussiness. Unless you want me to open up now, which I can do. Oh, and I just made up all that stuff about your suit for the sake of role playing authenticity - that's how Renichi rolls, yo.

And I really like the "favor" angle. Nice job, man. ;)

EDIT: One last thing: yes, Renichi is lying about his "suit". The fact that he is a part of the mecha he wears is a secret, as denoted on his character sheet, known only to him and one 13 year old paraplegic boy in the intensive care ward of Osaka General Hospital.

Please ignore the psyche-out material. I've been reading altogether far too much Adam Warren. :)

I figure we'll do one more round of trash-talking, then get down to bussiness. Unless you want me to open up now, which I can do. Oh, and I just made up all that stuff about your suit for the sake of role playing authenticity - that's how Renichi rolls, yo.

EDIT: One last thing: yes, Renichi is lying about his "suit". The fact that he is a part of the mecha he wears is a secret, as denoted on his character sheet, known only to him and one 13 year old paraplegic boy in the intensive care ward of Osaka General Hospital.

Okay, that was unexpected, and quite frankly, unwanted. If you're reading this first, I just drilled Heavy with a nat 20, making it a crit. I want this battle to last as long as possible, but he's currently going to be sucking a DC 32 Toughness Save. (+12 Str, +5 for the Crit, +15 as the base Toughness save) This has the potential to lay him out in one shot. Could I choke back the Strength I'm using to eight, like I'm using less strength to feel him out? A DC 28 save is hardly ideal either, but far better than the alternative.

And the little piece of dialouge at the end of the first paragraph can be translated to "No problem, little heavy." Half newspeak, half Japanese. :)

Okay, that was unexpected, and quite frankly, unwanted. If you're reading this first, I just drilled Heavy with a nat 20, making it a crit. I want this battle to last as long as possible, but he's currently going to be sucking a DC 32 Toughness Save. (+12 Str, +5 for the Crit, +15 as the base Toughness save) This has the potential to lay him out in one shot. Could I choke back the Strength I'm using to eight, like I'm using less strength to feel him out? A DC 28 save is hardly ideal either, but far better than the alternative.

And the little piece of dialouge at the end of the first paragraph can be translated to "No problem, little heavy." Half newspeak, half Japanese. :)