King of the Hill (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I needed to use a hero point as it was. It's an effective roll of 20, so an effective save against any DC up to 34... well, that'll teach you to underestimate the power of gravity. :P

To be clear, the first roll is before the hero point, and the second roll is using the hero point. The last roll is an attack for Gravity Control (down), and it looks like I just barely hit you with it. It adds an effective 12 tons to your encumberance, and if that's above your max load, you fall prone and need to make a DC 20 Strength check each round in order to make a move or standard action.

For what it's worth, I can think of a way you could escape fairly easily if you get an action. I'll PM it to Barnum so that he knows I'm cool with it.

Heh, I needed to use a hero point as it was. It's an effective roll of 20, so an effective save against any DC up to 34... well, that'll teach you to underestimate the power of gravity. :P

To be clear, the first roll is before the hero point, and the second roll is using the hero point. The last roll is an attack for Gravity Control (down), and it looks like I just barely hit you with it. It adds an effective 12 tons to your encumberance, and if that's above your max load, you fall prone and need to make a DC 20 Strength check each round in order to make a move or standard action.

For what it's worth, I can think of a way you could escape fairly easily if you get an action. I'll PM it to Barnum so that he knows I'm cool with it.

Well, I done gone and hit you again - of course, as dense as you are (complimentary, not insulting :) ) there's no chance of knocking you back. That's a DC 27 toughness save for you. Nanowire did use All-Out attack at the +2 level, though, so he's only at 16 Defense this turn.

Oh, and I did not forget about your Gravity effect. Nanowire's current Max load is a rediculous 720 tons. Hell, his light load is currently at 115 tons, so he didn't even feel it when you used your power - sorry. :oops:

One more thing - thanks for tuning in, Cosmic! Keep your eyes peeled for more senses-shattering action! (Okay, I can't back that one up. Sorry.)

Well, I done gone and hit you again - of course, as dense as you are (complimentary, not insulting :) ) there's no chance of knocking you back. That's a DC 27 toughness save for you. Nanowire did use All-Out attack at the +2 level, though, so he's only at 16 Defense this turn.

Oh, and I did not forget about your Gravity effect. Nanowire's current Max load is a rediculous 720 tons. Hell, his light load is currently at 115 tons, so he didn't even feel it when you used your power - sorry. :oops:

One more thing - thanks for tuning in, Cosmic! Keep your eyes peeled for more senses-shattering action! (Okay, I can't back that one up. Sorry.)

Sorry that I don't have time to make the IC post for this yet (it's time for work), but the (successful) save is here. The counterattack is here.

I think I hit your proper AC as well, though I definitely hit the lower one. The save DC is DC 27, which is just high enough to get around your Impervious. Barnum, do I get an idea of his Imperviousness with the hit? Doesn't matter for my regular attack, but if I decided to Blast, I'd have to use Power Attack.

Sorry that I don't have time to make the IC post for this yet (it's time for work), but the (successful) save is here. The counterattack is here.

I think I hit your proper AC as well, though I definitely hit the lower one. The save DC is DC 27, which is just high enough to get around your Impervious. Barnum, do I get an idea of his Imperviousness with the hit? Doesn't matter for my regular attack, but if I decided to Blast, I'd have to use Power Attack.

Okay, hit saved against - my inverse bell curve is really helping me here. Just in case you check here before you check the post, I rolled yet another nat 20, so Nanowire shrugged off the punch without incident.

Now for my turn - first, I took my move action to fly back ten feet, like it says, but you might be wondering just what the hell I did after that. The simple answer is that I modified the special effects of Shockwave, a Super-Strength feat. Shockwave, if you remember, takes a Reflex save based on my STR to only take half damage - that's a DC 22 Reflex save for a DC 21 toughness save. (if you suceed. It's a DC 27 otherwise.) Like I said, I monkeyed with the SFX a bit. It didn't make sense to me that Nanowire, an marvel of postmodern ultratech, would rely on a wave of air to hurt people. A cloud of hypervelocity frangible submunitions, however... :twisted: well, that's a different story. Same game effect, different discription. Hope that helps.

Okay, hit saved against - my inverse bell curve is really helping me here. Just in case you check here before you check the post, I rolled yet another nat 20, so Nanowire shrugged off the punch without incident.

Now for my turn - first, I took my move action to fly back ten feet, like it says, but you might be wondering just what the hell I did after that. The simple answer is that I modified the special effects of Shockwave, a Super-Strength feat. Shockwave, if you remember, takes a Reflex save based on my STR to only take half damage - that's a DC 22 Reflex save for a DC 21 toughness save. (if you suceed. It's a DC 27 otherwise.) Like I said, I monkeyed with the SFX a bit. It didn't make sense to me that Nanowire, an marvel of postmodern ultratech, would rely on a wave of air to hurt people. A cloud of hypervelocity frangible submunitions, however... :twisted: well, that's a different story. Same game effect, different discription. Hope that helps.