GM Request Thread

Heridfel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could join into the Midnight Madness thread that I am running for Midnight and Angel. The more the merrier! :D (It's in the Fens)

That or if you have any ideas for a solo thread you want to have run I would be willing to take a crack at that too. (Unless someone else wants to call dibs. I'm already running two, and I don't want to take all the real estate so to speak :))

1) Ronin merc with a mo... gun and some swords.

2) Would like something to flex my skills as much as my destructive ability. Like infiltrating a high security complex and either trying to take someone out, sabotage or steal.

3) One maybe two others but pretty small.

4) Currently in two threads but only one is active.

This seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the way. I think it deserves restating:

Here's the format I'd like to see:

1) The name of your character

2) A rough idea of the sort of story that you are interested in. If you have more details, or ideas that you want to keep private, you can PM me with them and I'll pass them along to the other referees as needed.

3) How many other PCs might be able to fit with the story, including suggestions of who they might be if you have ideas

4) How many threads your PC is currently in

Yeah, the last one is sort of rough, but given the PC-to-referee ratio, we have to factor in whether a player is already getting a chance to roleplay versus needing to get into a story altogether.

Please, only post once in this thread per PC, even if you have multiple ideas for stories. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but we're only human and have a limited bandwidth. You're still welcome to start other threads, and this isn't to say that the referees won't come to help with them. This is just for starting new threads.

Hmm. Ok I got one villain Ronin, mercenary. Will kill for money. Or steal or kidnap or whatever. If an y villain needs extra muscle for their gig or whatever I'm down.

Are you looking to assist in pulling of a heist? Or commit armed robbery? Or what? A little more specifics would be nice. I get nasty when I am allowed creative freedom :twisted:

On an unrelated note, as Heridfel is no longer around, and I have picked up the two most recent requests from this thread, I would like to add something to the formatting:

1) The name of your character

2) A rough idea of the sort of story that you are interested in. If you have more details, or ideas that you want to keep private, you can PM me with them and I'll pass them along to the other referees as needed.

3) How many other PCs might be able to fit with the story, including suggestions of who they might be if you have ideas

4) Whether you would like this thread to be open or closed

5) The rate at which you would like the thread to progress

6) How many threads your PC is currently in

I know I have my own preferences about the speed of a thread (FAST) and respect that others may as well. That being said, It's your thread! - Tell me how you want it run. If you think having more PC's in the thread would slow things down, then by all means, please says so.

*AHEM* Where was I?

1) Ronin merc with a mo... gun and some swords.

2) Would like something to flex my skills as much as my destructive ability. Like infiltrating a high security complex and either trying to take someone out, sabotage or steal.

3) One maybe two others but pretty small.

4) Currently in two threads but only one is active.

Formulating ideas... Please wait! *DING* Got one. :twisted: Anyone specific you want to include? Otherwise I have an Idea for something solo.

1) The Great Galbini: http://www.endlessflight.net/freedom/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2177

2) Jeremiah is putting on a magic show in the illustrious theater The Laughing Duck. Well... he's not putting on a magic show so much as being the opening act for someone else's show... in what is normally a comedy club. That won't stop him from being known as a great magician! Oh, no! But the crowd being robbed, might. His lovely assistant, Mindi, convinces him that this might be another kind of opportunity and so he vows to save the sparse crowd from their meagre valuables.

3) One or two would be okay, providing that they fit in

4) I'll leave that up to the discretion of the GM.

5) I'd prefer a relatively fast progresson, if that's okay.

6) None, at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

1) The Vestige

2) The Vestige meets with someone who he knows from the past. (Details will be PM'ed to interested GM)

3) No one else since this is meant to be a private meeting between The Vestige and the other guy

4) Closed

5) Flexible if possible. I can't account for RL. I want to use this story as a way to flesh out my char.

6) Only a handful. He hasn't been out much

1) Angel

2) Angel meets Peter Pan and goes to Never Land. I would like someone well versed in the books (Peter Pan and Wendy, Peter Pan In Scarlet) to run it.

3) Maybe a few, but not a lot, 3 others at the most. I know Grimalkin's player has expressed interest.

4) open until we get enough players or we jet off to Never Land. Whichever comes first :P

5) I can be on every night 6 to midnight

6) 1

No prob Q. You would have probably done great.

In other news, can I ask a ref to GM this adventure of mine? The other guy in this adventure is supposedly a major canon figure so I was hoping to have one of you guys do this so I don't do anything that contradicts his personality or canon.

1) Angel

2) Angel meets Peter Pan and goes to Never Land. I would like someone well versed in the books (Peter Pan and Wendy, Peter Pan In Scarlet) to run it.

3) Maybe a few, but not a lot, 3 others at the most. I know Grimalkin's player has expressed interest.

4) open until we get enough players or we jet off to Never Land. Whichever comes first :P

5) I can be on every night 6 to midnight

6) 1

Ok, had a rethink over your earlier answer, and I think it's doable. However, a request:

Peter Pan in Scarlet is definitely not public domain, even if Peter Pan is... so yeah. Nothing from that, especially as it has no adaptation for someone not too familiar with the books to work with :P

1. Ronin

2. Blood in Blood Out

After years of Uneasy peace, the three families of Freedom have moved to go to war, and for the Mercenary Ronin, war is good business. He is more than happy to take money from both sides but it seems that he has his work cut out for him. The Hero Foreshadow works furiously to protect the citizens and stem the violence, the vicious Silencer uses the chaos to cover his own deadly feud with the mob. To make matters worse a woman from Ronin’s past returns at the head of her own small army but what her aim is he can’t begin to guess, though he suspects his death can’t be far from the mark.

This story is inspired by a lot of action moves and spaghetti westerns. Namely Last Man Standing, A Fist-full of Dollars, and Yojimbo. So I want waves of machine gun toting mooks, trapped in an car going over the docks, chased by helicopters.But it doesn't really have to be high octane throughout Just in many parts. I also wanted to work out the mystery of what is really going on and why the woman (Bella Donna) has come to Freedom. I didn't really put what the conflict is because I wouldn't mind being surprised. I also want to discuss the details with any potential GMs and work out story and such.

3. Right now Angel expresses an interest since I think she is from one of the major crime families.

4. One the Trial of Captain K but it is winding down.

Ok, had a rethink over your earlier answer, and I think it's doable. However, a request:

Peter Pan in Scarlet is definitely not public domain, even if Peter Pan is... so yeah. Nothing from that, especially as it has no adaptation for someone not too familiar with the books to work with :P

I am down with this :D

This idea has been stewing for a while. Here goes:

1) Character: Breakdown

2) Synopsis: Eddie's parents go on vacation midway through September. Like any self respecting high school student, he plans to throw a party at his house while they are away. He's going to invite all of his friends from Claremont to join him. This will be a party for their civilian identities. Party crashers are also welcome, as long as they don't cause a ruckus, and they help support the party fund (girls get in free). I would like for there to be some sort of confrontation after the part has gone on for a while. I'll leave the nature of this up to whoever decides to GM. (cops bust up the party? Supervillain crashes the party? etc?)

3) Other characters: The Claremont crew is invited. It's possible that the Shadow Academy might crash this party.

4) Open or Closed: Open to Claremont students

5) The rate at which you would like the thread to progress: Medium. It has no overall bearing on story, so it can go fast or slow.

6) Current threads: Quite a few

• 4 weeks later...

Character Name: River Rat

Synopsis: After a night of meeting other heroes and tracking down leads to the head of the mob in Freedom City, River Rat has stirred up a nest of troubles. Angered by the humiliation of their mooks at the hands of River Rat and the other teenage hero he had with them, La Cosanostra has put out a hit on poor ole Jackie, and they have hired Ronin to do the deed.

Basically the idea is that Ronin ambush River Rat in his hotel room, kidnap the crap out of him, take him somewhere private, and Breakdown has to come in for the rescue. Seeing as how River Rat is P6 and Ronin is PL10 there's no way Jackie's gonna be able to handle this one himself. Warmonger has opted to run his npc villain Ronin for this thread and Quote has offered Breakdown's services as savior, now all we need is a ref!

Max Players: Already pretty much full, but if another Hero happens to happen along the rescue op, I guess one more wouldn't hurt, but so far we got Quote and Warmonger and myself.

#of threads PC is in atm: 0

Character: Ace Danger, (Possibly Dark Star, Fluer, and Doctor Archeville if they want to be in on this part)

Synopsis: After the disolusion of the Knights Ace sees the need for a new kind of Supergroup. One more in the style of the freedom league but focused on Freedom City rather than the international focus the League has adopted as of late. This woudl be a meeting between Ace and representatives of the Freedom League about aranging for a League affilitated Freedom City Team. Mostly I just need a ref to run the Freedom League end of the conversation, or permission ot run them myself if thats preffered.

Max Players: 4

# of Threads: 5

• 2 weeks later...

Character: The Frycook

Synopsis: a jewelry heist takes place across the street from "burger chucker". the frycook runs out to break it up, and angel flys in to join the scuffle.

Other players: Angel

Max Players: 4

# of Threads: 0

Sounds simple enough. I might be able to run that for you ;)

Where is Burger Chucker located? When in the timeline do you want this to occur?