GM Request Thread

Heridfel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this needs a GM, but here goes.

1) Chill Out

2) Chill Out is investigating a string of robberies, when another hero arrives on the scene. The other hero haven't heard that Chill Out's trying to become a hero, and they duke it out until Chill Out's able to convince the other hero he's not behind it. Together the two heroes find the real villain and take him down. Basically a pretty old school team up :)

3) The other hero and villain could all be played by others.

4) None yet.

• 1 month later...

1) The Scarab II (Elena Guerrero)

2) Elena is a hockey fan. She's attending a Blades game at the Liberty Dome, when one or more supervillains attack. Maybe they intend to rob the crowd. Maybe they intend to take the crowd hostage. Maybe they want to destroy the arena. It could be a straightforward plot, or there might be layers to it. Wildcard has been blackmailing the owner of the F.C. Blades for a while now, claiming that their wins are the result of his superpowered probability tampering. Has the owner stopped paying, provoking the Crime League to show him what happens to those who defy them? Has the owner secretly orchestrated the attack as part of some grand plan to escape Wildcard's blackmail scheme?

By all means, prospective GM, get creative and go wild. Or phone it in. As long as it drives up my post count. :D

3) This could be a solo adventure for The Scarab, or it could scale up quite well to accommodate any number of other characters. I'd actually prefer a group effort if others would be interested.

4) My PC is currently in 0 threads.

EDIT (02/17/09): My PC is currently in 2 threads, and has an open invitation for 1 other which may or may not materialize.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Shinken (Benjiro Fujisama)

2) This one is rather ambitious. The immediate thread I have in mind is Shinken investigating a redirected shipment of munitions- probably ammunition supplies for Lonely Point Naval Base- and busting some heads to get it back and determine who's responsible. This would be pretty short and self-contained- but it would lead into hints that something larger is involved, and that The African- a mercenary encountered earlier in Shinken's career in a team-up with Nightrival, here- and subsequently encountered by Nightrival on a solo basis. This eventually escalates to an attempt to pin down and eradicate whatever group is behind the African- probably leading at first to a mercenary group, but eventually hinting at the involvement of Heironymous King. Things eventually escalate to a full-scale shadow war between King's Majestic Industries and Benjiro's Ares Macrotechnology, with increasingly more blatant and large-scale criminal attacks on Ares facilities as Shinken attacks Majestic's illegal activities root and branch- concluding with the destruction of one or other of the business empires.

3) The initial thread will be small in scale, with room for a hired PC villian or two. As things expand, I would love it if other heroes could get involved- preferably Nightrival- and the concluding shadow war phase could involve all manner of heroes and villians, and would make an ideal adventure for the hero team Nightrival's forming in the Force Works thread.

4) 2

I'm willing to work with a GM to change any aspect of this that would make it easier to run or more interesting. Please don't feel bound to run the rest of it if you help me out with the initial thread, or consider it a promise to go through with the larger plot: consider this a GM Request just to run the initial, munitions-hunting thread, if you like. I'm just thinking big, and I'd love it if this sparks someone's imagination and they decide to help me out with my grander designs.

1) Hellbound, Avenger and Divine

2) Hunting mutants in the sewers beneath Freedom City. Having started with a mass murder on a nearby beach, Hellbound, Avenger and Divine have tracked the killer to a service tunnel which leads into the sewer system. Once there, they will discover the presence of a number of lower-powered, animalistic and bloodthirsty mutants are preying on humans. These mutants are the result of an escaped experiment radiating an energy field which transforms non-sentient creatures into monsters. The progression of mutants should grow ever more fierce until the final encounter with the mindless monster responsible for the whole arc is revealed. This creature could potentially have a recurring role and lead to larger storylines if players elect to track down the lab/mystic responsible for the creature's creation.

3) Potentially room for 1-2 additional PCs (making 4-5 tops). We can adventure with the three of us as is, or if one or two chars overhear the fighting and decide to drop in, that should be fine. Any more than that might be crowding the storm drains a bit.

4) Hellbound is in only one thread, which will close if/when this thread opens.

1) Hellbound, Avenger and Divine

2) Hunting mutants in the sewers beneath Freedom City. Having started with a mass murder on a nearby beach, Hellbound, Avenger and Divine have tracked the killer to a service tunnel which leads into the sewer system. Once there, they will discover the presence of a number of lower-powered, animalistic and bloodthirsty mutants are preying on humans. These mutants are the result of an escaped experiment radiating an energy field which transforms non-sentient creatures into monsters. The progression of mutants should grow ever more fierce until the final encounter with the mindless monster responsible for the whole arc is revealed. This creature could potentially have a recurring role and lead to larger storylines if players elect to track down the lab/mystic responsible for the creature's creation.

3) Potentially room for 1-2 additional PCs (making 4-5 tops). We can adventure with the three of us as is, or if one or two chars overhear the fighting and decide to drop in, that should be fine. Any more than that might be crowding the storm drains a bit.

4) Hellbound is in only one thread, which will close if/when this thread opens.

This could tie nicely to an adventure I'm running now, and which should be wrapping up semi-soon. Once it's over, I can take this on.

This could tie nicely to an adventure I'm running now, and which should be wrapping up semi-soon.

Would you mind letting me know which one so I can familiarize myself with the backstory?

And would you have any problems with us continuing the thread for now as long as we don't schedule any encounters which would require GM'ic intervention? With this being the only thread I've successfully gotten Hellbound involved in so far, I'd hate to kill my opportunities to continue posting for him.

Would you mind letting me know which one so I can familiarize myself with the backstory?

The Creeping Killers.

And would you have any problems with us continuing the thread for now as long as we don't schedule any encounters which would require GM'ic intervention? With this being the only thread I've successfully gotten Hellbound involved in so far, I'd hate to kill my opportunities to continue posting for him.

Sure. But know that I am watching..... :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

1) Hellbound

2) I'd like to see him in an environmentally themed story in which a raging fire/toxic chemical cloud/frigid waters/anything your heart desires provides the backdrop for a rescue effort. This should invovle anything which would require Hellbound to use Extra Effort to power stunt his Enhanced Con into an immunity. This will not only allow him to justify a future planned purchase of his, but also help to offset any negtive publicity generated by his Vignette: Blood on the Ice.

The objective of the story will be to save lives. A number of people should be put into jeopardy in a variety of adjacent locations, requiring the heroes to seek out trapped souls and get them to safety. Any number of movement powers and extra-sensory location skills may be required in the effort. It's entirely possible that not everyone will make it out alive, but the more people we can save, the better.

Our efforts should be resisted by one or more villains, and I already have at least one potential recruit to hopefully serve in that capacity. The villain/s in question may or may not be responsible for initiating the disastor. They may have been paid to execute a little environmental sabotage/terrosim, they may be getting their kicks by killing people or they may simply have stumbled across the scene by accident and decide to get in our way.

The villain/s should be in charge of a small group of thugs to aid in their efforts. The exact number and power levels of which is up to the ref to keep things even between the good guys and bad guys. If we manage to save enough people, then we win. If the bad guys manage to get enough people killed by the disastor, then they win.

It may not be necessary to actually bring the villain/s to justice. Not allowing them to delay our life saving efforts is more important than giving them the smackdown they richly deserve.

This may require some prep time on the part of the ref, but that's fine. At least one of the heroes would like to allow one or more of his concurrent threads to close out before joining, and the potential villain is still waiting on their latest character to be approved for play. I can get things started with the introductory portion of the storyline, but I'd like to know that a ref is able or willing to take over once we actually run into the challenging side of things. For that, I will wait until I receive word before getting anything at all rolling.

3) I have had four heroes in addition to Hellbound express interest in the story, and I am working to recruit one villain. The final number of good guys/bad guys is up to whatever the ref thinks they're able to handle.

4) Hellbound is currently involved in two threads, though one has been put on hold to help lighten the load on the other player involved. It may be picked up again later if some of her other threads close out before she's forced into hiatus.

I'll get you started on one later this month. In the meantime, take a look at some of the others to get a feel of how they are played out.

Alright thanks! Already done. Wasn't sure if there was a separate thread for these.

Dammit, Sandy, agreeing to help but making me submit a request anyway.

1) Geckoman

2) Following Geckoman's brutal defeat at the hands of Reaver, and my idea of having Geckoman have a teenage crush on the Raven., I had the idea of the League being concerned over a teenage hero being injured in that way. Thus, they sent the Raven to teach the teenager how to stay cool and collected, rather than a cocky amateur.

3) I was sort of hoping to keep the whole thread based around the awkward Geckoman-Raven dynamic.

4) 2.

I'm hoping the use of a canon NPC'll be allowed, it shouldn't be a big plot event but rather more of running with the idea of FC's realistic timescale leading the league to worry about younger heroes more. The Raven is also related to Geckoman's headmaster, if you need more reasons other than the comedy value. :D

• 2 months later...

1) Emissary.

2) I'd like to have Emissary fight Superior. Basically, the two of them work nicely as the good/evil flipsides of each other in various ways. They're both Paragon types from the remnant civilizations that were born out of the fall of Atlantis, one was sent out by his people into the world to try and enlighten it, another snuck away from his people to come out into the world to dominate it. I like the dichotomy, I think there's an interesting basis to have him as one of Emissary's rogues, as it were, and while Superior is overall more powerful, I think Emissary being more overall skilled would let him make a run at this. Possibly something like that Superior manages to find his way out of the Zero Zone, and playing (at least for Superior) a more thought out game than usual, finds a third world postage stamp country to come into, solve the problems of, and have himself acclaimed president for life to get himself a base ground to build up from. The UN, hearing about the rough details of these things, asks the one superpowered political figure/diplomat they know (let's say the White Lion is busy that week), to investigate on their behalf into the new state of the country, having secured permission to send a diplomatic mission from its mysterious new superpowered ruler. They figure if it all goes to hell, the odds of Emissary ending up a hostage are somewhat smaller. Hijinx ensue. Ultimately violent hijinx.

Just a thought for a rough outline for it anyway.

3) Emissary really, though if other people wanted to come along for the ride such as could come that would be fine by me.

4) none at the moment.

1) Reaver

2) I built Reaver to be a fighter. I would like to see him duke it out with some of the NPC's on the site.

2a) Possibilities (NPCs around Reaver's level): Witchfinder, Lt. Morena Colby, Sofia Cruz, Shadow Minion?, Madeline, The Clique, Magni, Basically anyone below PL10 and at least PL6.

3) Any that want to join are welcome, though I would like to keep the number of people on each side of the fight even.

4) zero

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...