GM Request Thread

Heridfel

I've seen quite a few posts requesting a GM or referee for a thread. I'm currently running five threads now, and I think I could handle one or two more at this point. I'd like to collect these sorts of requests into a single thread to help other referees see who is looking for help with their stories.

Here's the format I'd like to see:

1) The name of your character

2) A rough idea of the sort of story that you are interested in. If you have more details, or ideas that you want to keep private, you can PM me with them and I'll pass them along to the other referees as needed.

3) How many other PCs might be able to fit with the story, including suggestions of who they might be if you have ideas

4) How many threads your PC is currently in

Yeah, the last one is sort of rough, but given the PC-to-referee ratio, we have to factor in whether a player is already getting a chance to roleplay versus needing to get into a story altogether.

Please, only post once in this thread per PC, even if you have multiple ideas for stories. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but we're only human and have a limited bandwidth. You're still welcome to start other threads, and this isn't to say that the referees won't come to help with them. This is just for starting new threads.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) The Norseman

2) Medea is knocking over a classical greek play at the university. The Norseman shows up and Captain Wonder follows. They possibly fight, each other as well with Medea. Other possible conflict depending on how the thread goes.

3) Captain Wonder

4) 2

In progress - Herid Fel

Well, figured I would repeat my earlier indication of looking for any interested GM’s for Velocity’s vacation thread.

1) As stated above, Velocity.

2) Well, the storylines are sort of up what an individual GM might find interesting in setting up an adventure for. Velocity and her friends will be going an number of places, here is a rough outline of some of the places they will be…

England: Bath (and the surrounding countryside- which includes Stonehenge and Avebury Circle)/London

France: Paris/French Riviera

Spain: Barcelona and the countryside

Ibiza

Italy: Milan/Rome/Naples.

Greece (maybe): Athens and some of the Greek Islands (Barnum has expressed some interest in this one)

3) Well, unless other PCs are in Europe for some reason, it would be kinda hard to have any of them involved.

4) 3 (technically 4, though one of those is one that Heridfel has kept going after the original GM vanished, and is moving somewhat slowly)

This request is a bit different in that it could be a month or more (or real time) before Velocity gets to some of the places, so a Gm could pick a location and not have to do too much immediately.

1) The Norseman

2) Medea is knocking over a classical greek play at the university. The Norseman shows up and Captain Wonder follows. They possibly fight, each other as well with Medea. Other possible conflict depending on how the thread goes.

3) Captain Wonder

4) 2

Ok, I'll be making the thread for this storyline tomorrow or on Wednesday. Check back here for a link once I do so.

Edit: It was Wednesday. Here's the link for the IC portion of the thread; please post your introductions, Vaalus and shazam.

1. Nightrival

2. A confrontation between the African and Nightrival, which could reveal Hieronymus King's connection to the influx of drugs in the Southside. Since Barnum is retiring, I need somone to help keep the story going. Hopefully I'm not offending anyone by being so presumptuous.

3. Grimalkin can fit nicely, or the upcoming superhero team.

4. NR is in three or four threads at the moment, though one thread is being written solely by me.

1. Nightrival

2. A confrontation between the African and Nightrival, which could reveal Hieronymus King's connection to the influx of drugs in the Southside. Since Barnum is retiring, I need somone to help keep the story going. Hopefully I'm not offending anyone by being so presumptuous.

3. Grimalkin can fit nicely, or the upcoming superhero team.

4. NR is in three or four threads at the moment, though one thread is being written solely by me.

Since I've finished up my other thread with Thevshi, I think I can afford to pick up another one. Besides, I've kind of dubbed myself Nightrival and Grimalkin's unofficial storyteller. ;)

I'll get to the start on the weekend, just PM me the rest of the details.

Since I've finished up my other thread with Thevshi, I think I can afford to pick up another one. Besides, I've kind of dubbed myself Nightrival and Grimalkin's unofficial storyteller. ;)

I'll get to the start on the weekend, just PM me the rest of the details.

Great! I'm happy to have you game with us. :) I'll have a reliable internet connection by Saturday and I'll send you the details then.

Name: Captain Communist

Rough Idea: Turkey is under attack by Unitol. Operaton Turkish Takeover has started, and Parahumans are disappearing, while the Turkish militia has been beat down at every turn. Unitol all but controls Turkey now. A surviving hero has escaped from Turkey and brought the news to Freedom Cities mayor, in hopes to get some sort of help. More can be found Here

Other Characters:

PC's: Myself, and two others who have shown interest. Though I intend to post a final call, and get a tally.

NPC's: Unifier, WaspHawk

Current Threads: In Ashcrofts party, though it lacks activity currently.

Note: Thread will allow Closed Attacks on NPC's but I will need the Ref's to NPC WaspHawk and a couple of his minions, and Unifier.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Emissary

2) As newly minted members of the Freedom League, Velocity and Emissary are ripe for being targeted by members of the Crime League looking to send a message about the FL's expansion ideas. Gossamer has been intent on hanging about Emissary asking him for advice on heroing, and so gets caught up in whatever plots, harassment and attacks ensue. Basically 2 or 3 (or 2 and minions, or 1 and a whole bunch of minions), mess with the lives of the aforementioned heroes.

3) Velocity, Gossamer, and myself, having talked the idea over with them

4) At the moment, 2 active threads, the others have fallen off.

1)NeuroLogic

2) With ASTRO labs in the city, NeuroLogic sees a possibility not available since she gained her powers: the opportunity to make more Myelination and Synaptic Enhancement Serum. She disguises herself as a lab worker and gains entrance to the facility, but when she puts on her Psy-Suit and prepares to steal the appropriate chemicals, she runs afoul of visiting heroes.

3) Lullaby and anyone else who wants in (Ghost, Gossamer?)

4) No current threads, but if anyone has an open spot...

• 1 month later...

1) Emissary

2) As newly minted members of the Freedom League, Velocity and Emissary are ripe for being targeted by members of the Crime League looking to send a message about the FL's expansion ideas. Gossamer has been intent on hanging about Emissary asking him for advice on heroing, and so gets caught up in whatever plots, harassment and attacks ensue. Basically 2 or 3 (or 2 and minions, or 1 and a whole bunch of minions), mess with the lives of the aforementioned heroes.

3) Velocity, Gossamer, and myself, having talked the idea over with them

4) At the moment, 2 active threads, the others have fallen off.

I think my other threads have slowed up enough that I could take this one on. Are the three of you still interested?

1) Malice

2) Malice recently designed as combat simulator and a power surge has brought some of the droids to life , and are now running amock through FC. Malice is now trying to round the droids up so they can't be traced back to him, and other heroes and villains are fulfilling their own agendas with the robots.

3) 3. Dr. Archeville, Neurologic, and Quark have expressed interest in the game.

4) Zilch.

See here for more details

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to do a scene where I show the teachers what new tricks I came up with over the summer for my powers. any GM's want to pretend to be Duncan Summers?

Since I'm picking up the Claremont group about to head over to the school, I'll do it. Just start the thread in Bayview, where the school is located, and I'll be right along.

• 1 month later...

There should be a lead up to it. Like a week before. Dances are like the football, the event is fun, but the build up is even moreso :P

All in the same thread perhaps, or two threads running along side seem likely to work out for such a situation.

I'd like to start up a Halloween dance thread for Claremont players. I don't think there will be much in the way of rolling, but figured I should still get GM approval.

Sounds like a good idea. Dances are fun places for mishaps to occur. :D

Lead up is good for role playing, but lacks the hummph that a good event can conjure.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Tarantula

2) Yukiko's first outing as Tarantula.

3) I'm thinking either one villian of equal rank (pl 10) or 2 or more of lower rank. I'm also up for a team up if the threat is large enough.

4) None.

Basically my first thread. Go easy on a newb. ^^;

Well, I do believe I can throw together something for this young heroine to try herself against as a first outing.

If you could supply me with a few tidbits of information such as where she might conceivable conduct her first patrol (or whatever) I would be grateful.

As for going easy, I'm not going to be throwing psychics at you as a first challenge at least ;)

No problem.

As for where she'll most likely patrol, I would say shew would do it either on her way to school or on her way to work. It could even be by accident (she come across a problem)

Sorry for being vague, I'm at work at the moment.

Edit: Alright, home now. Southside, either on her way to, or coming from school. If coming from school, she is headed towards her paper supplier to begin her route on her bike.