Conrad and Cooper Incorporated.

Hannah smiled, nodded. "You've seen me. I'm small, I keep out of the way. I mean, I'm mostly overlooked, especially in a place like that. Here I am, shooting rainbows. It's tough, sometimes. I wish I didn't have them sometimes, or that they were less big, less obvious. Why couldn't I have the power to turn invisible or shrink or something, you know?" She took a deep breath. "But, this is what I have, so, I'm using it."

"I compartmentalize it. People know what I can do, but I'm not a show off, so I'm only noticed when I use them." She shrugged, and took a drink.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She nodded a little bit at the words her new roomie was saying.  Yeah, she felt a little awkward blurting it out, but it was a brightly glowing elephant in the corner.  That just did a boat load of adderall.  Corinne shrugged then, playing with her straw in her drink, and making the noise that one makes with the lid for the drink as this happened.  "Yeah, like hyper mad dancing skills woulda been nice.  I mean.. that one thing," said while waving a hand in the air to indicate powers, or magic or whatever, "That's cool.  The rest is...hah... scary?  I mean... it did make my brother more... careful around me, so like that's plus."

A flash of a crooked smile as she looked at Hannah in the face.  

She laughed. "I have five siblings." She shook her head. "It's....why I'm not noticed much. I'm fourth in line." She shrugged, somewhat bashful. "So, yeah, that's why I get overlooked. My parents love me, but, I mean, I'm the least remarkable, the least pretty, the least talented, the least....least. Guess the rainbows are my subconscious' way of lashing out." She paused, there was a potential element of truth to that. Though she had to admit, she liked the rainbows.

She picked up some napkins and worked cleaning up her hands, as she nodded. "I.. my parents were pretty good about not making me feel special.  I mean...  guess?  I dunno.  I never felt special.  I like and want to do things that is physically harder for me."  She narrowed her eyes as she surveyed everyone else, and once Hannah was done she gather up their stuff and bused their table, before getting another drink for the road, though it was a cola this time.

"It's like doing a full performance... gawd."  She made a face at her, and then laughed a little bit before she sighed and put a hand on her stomach.  "Well... I mean, at least we hate each other... and if the stuff after school doesn't pan out, I know where we can get a job with special effects."

Hannah chuckled at that. Her rainbows would certainly prove interesting. "Yeah, if someone in a movie trips out on drugs I could really help. I can control the shapes, the force, the hardness, but not the colors." She shrugged. "Kinda sucks, but, I live with it. This place was pretty good." She smiled, feeling full and, actually, pretty good. Corinne was weird, but not in an invasive, mean, aggressive way. She felt like she could retreat if she needed to, and that breathing room made her feel unwilling to.

She giggled a little bit, and shrugged a little, "I mean, that's not the worst thing, they'd love you at Burning Man for like ever... I never went, not allowed to until I am over 18... I mean, I guess I can't really be worried about getting attacked so much now, huh?"  She looked at Hannah and smiled.  "Not that guys approach me.  Or girls.  Though I will have to see was pervos try to accost me on the metro here."

She took off her hat and artfully adjusted her hair as she walked along with Hannah.  "I mean, I will have the room alone when you're gone, do I will try not to make too much of a mess.  But we can bop around and do stuff too on the actual down time."  A brilliant smile, more than the little ones she gave, and the small giggles.  It was ramped up to full megawatt levels of it.  And she was genuine with it too, not artifice to the girl, and it made her transition from the cute, weird girl to just straight gorgeous.  It was gone as soon as it appeared, and she leaned towards Hannah and hooked an arm around her shoulder.

Hannah laughed at the idea of her at Burning Man. Not that she knew much about it, but what she heard told her everything she needed to know. Not her scene, nope. Not even remotely close to anything resembling Hannah Cooper's ideal vacation. She felt good about having Corinne for a roommate. "I'm tidy." She said. "Small, tidy, quiet, out of the way. I mean, if, if you do happen to leave something out, I'll probably end up taking care of it." She admitted. She often picked up after her siblings at home, unasked, unappreciated. "But, you know, as long as you don't make a habit of it." That was a lie, but, she hoped Corinne wouldn't exploit her. She didn't seem the type

She made a serious face as she gently grabbed Hannah's arm and looked at her, dead in the eye.  "I am oblivious sometimes Hannah.  I might forget."  And then she dropped the serious act, and giggled.

"Mmmm... sorry.  I couldn't help it!"  And she released her hold on the other girl, "I am a little sprawly and messy, I will admit but... I will do my best to keep it in mind.  So if you tell me to pick it up I will, if I am not noticing.  I am kinda not used to sharing my room, though.  But I can promise you wont have to worry about picking up after Percival... though I probably can't have any more pets..."  She narrowed her eyes and then frowned a little bit, before out and out pouting..

She skipped over to the side of Hannah and hooked their arms together. 

Hannah smiled. "Don't worry, I'll keep that in mind." She understood that Corinne was, perhaps, a little spacey, a little forgetful. But she was sincere. Whatever else she could say about Corinne, she was sincere. "I've never had a room to myself." she said with a shrug. "Not once, like, ever. I always shared my bedroom with one of my siblings. Six kids, no privacy." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Always loud, always people moving, always people talking. Though my oldest brother is out of the house, now."

"Well... I've never had a roommate, so you have the advantage, and technically you're the upperclassman... girl.. woman... erm...  Apache Attack Helicopter?"  She peered at Hannah, she was throwing information to the wall to see what stuck, that was clear, as she tried to compress the whole getting to know someone fast.  Ish.

"Hm.  Okay, I mean, I kept my room mostly neat.  Do you do any clubs?  Chess?  Model UN?  Anything like that?  Wait... are there any here?  Or would that be around what they can do?"  She pursed her lips and looked thoughtful.  "I mean, I already got dragged into a thing."

""Oh, I'm sure those clubs exist, or some clubs. I mostly just keep to myself." She shrugged. "I read, I study, that's most of it. Honestly you've been really cool so far. You could be a serial killer or something, but I don't think so." She blushed slightly and pushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. She didn't admit it, to herself or Corinne, but she was grateful that Corinne was an active person and wanted Hannah to be more so. She needed to get out more, she just seldom had the courage.

She threw her head back and laughed, managing to get up onto the point of toe of her sneakers, and arch back, and just laugh.  Laugh.  Laugh.  Before she stopped.  Suddenly, and jerked upright, her spine straight as she went to her full height, looming.  Her eyes were locked onto Hannah's.  "No... of course not.  Never.  I am, like, totally nice.  And stuff."

Corinne held the eye contact past the point of the social contract, smiling so she was showing all of her teeth, and nodding.  Very slowly.  Then she tittered, which followed up a giggle, and she skipped on ahead for her.  "Well, I recommend getting into a club, of like people you enjoy the stuff you do.  It may help you figure out what to do next."

Hannah looked down. "My powers kinda, screwed up everything. Everything I wanted to do, everything I was planning to do. It's like, my life is so completely different now. I've been here almost a year and even now I still can't believe it. I don't know what's next." She shrugged. Although, she did like art, and music, and a bunch of other stuff. Those didn't lead to very good careers, though. She wished she was more talented in STEM stuff, that's where the success was.

Corinne scooped up Hannah at that point, arms wrapped around the girl, and she lifted her up, hugging tightly to her and spinning about on tippytoe so readily, before she set her back down.  "Sorry... it looked like you needed a hug..."  She frowned a little bit, as she looked at her, "Do what you like to do, go to school for it... I mean, my planning is out the window now... I guess, maybe.  So I can relate."

And she spread a smile on her lips as she looked at her again.  "I think we will work out nicely."