Outro on the Inbound.

Jann looked at Naomi, his expression best described as deadpan. “Fight because I want to. Don’t do it to protect. Train others, to protect. “ He kept sitting there without moving much, only moving his head over to the menu for a moment.

“Understanding, no. Realizations, yes. “ He waited for a second, letting Corinne stand up properly before continuing. “If you do not want to fight, do not fight. When fighting, you have to commit fully, or it becomes dangerous. So if you don’t want, then don’t. Be aware of what comes next. Be aware of your courses. And be aware of what has already happened. “

“There have already been attacks. Scouting, the first skirmish. The battle has not yet begun. So when they train, they train because of what still comes. If you do not, then do not. They will protect you, because running will not always be possible.“

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naomi couldn’t quite parse what Jann said, but she understood the first sentence at least. [Sure, and that’s you, Jann. I’m in the other group. I have things and people I want to protect.] She stood up, as Corrine did. [Jann said it best, Corinne. If you don’t want to, then don’t. I’ll look out for you if anything happens, regardless.] She smiled at the taller girl, and then looked thoughtful. [I don’t mean to pressure you, though. If all you want is to learn to control your powers and then live a normal life, then that’s A Good Thing. I’m a little jealous, even.] She walked to the trash can, which was by the door. She put her cup into it, and waited for the other two.

"Yet, somehow everyone I met has managed to look down their noses at me regarding it."  She sighed a bit and shifted her arms, so that the longboard was against the small of her back, her arms around the back of it, bracing it there.  Corinne seemed content to drop the matter as it was a bunch of hard feelings and firm beliefs that were going to be sticky, at best.

And she was not invested in other people that much.  Her goals, aspirations, and everything else isolated her to a great degree.  She didn't really have friends.  Most of the people she knew via dancing were rivals, at best.  And it seemed that there already this huge sort of fracas in this school that she was stepping into.  Even Jann.  What the hell was up with the Anime fall down thing when I made the Flash Gordon joke?

Jann got up last, staying silent for now. He let the others talk, didn’t say anything himself, as he grabbed his cup and threw it towards the bin on the other side of the room with seemingly little effort, getting him at least some looks from the other customers as it sailed through the air.

He didn’t miss. The looks stayed, and some people looked rather surprised, but once again, Jann didn’t seem to be too interested in that, instead keeping pace with the other two silently, letting them speak. Only once they’d arrived at the door did he speak up again. “Where to now? “