King of the Hill

"High-Tech?" Nanowire asked, almost chuckling. That was it? Some mundane security measures couldn't stop him if he put his mind, and more importantly, his remote hacking abilities, to the task. "Believe me, high-tech is no problem. I can dismantle or spoof anything a conventional security system has to throw at me, and I don't think some museum's got anything I haven't seen before. I don't even need to touch what you're talking about in order to slip past."

Inside his mechanical cybershell, Renichi smiled. "And the word you were looking for is Grimoire, I believe."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"High-Tech?" Nanowire asked, almost chuckling. That was it? Some mundane security measures couldn't stop him if he put his mind, and more importantly, his remote hacking abilities, to the task. "Believe me, high-tech is no problem. I can dismantle or spoof anything a conventional security system has to throw at me, and I don't think some museum's got anything I haven't seen before. I don't even need to touch what you're talking about in order to slip past."

Inside his mechanical cybershell, Renichi smiled. "And the word you were looking for is Grimoire, I believe."

"Thanks, couldn't get that word out of my mouth. I knew I was close. So, you're good at that stuff? I mean, I guess computers are computers, but dealing with video cameras, laser tripwires, and whatever else they got is different from tinkerin' on that bot of yours," he says, then shrugs. "Well, hey, I just met you, so I don't know what you can do. You should know better than I do."

"It'll take me about a day to scope the place out. I need to for what I'm planning. Figure we meet up by the pond in Liberty Park... I don't know, whenever you're ready to go in. I don't know how long the exhibit's around, anyway. It's at the Hunter Museum of Natural History."

Heavy looks like he's pleased with himself, but then he remembers one other thing. "Oh yeah, the plan I got to get in... about how much do you weigh...?"

"Thanks, couldn't get that word out of my mouth. I knew I was close. So, you're good at that stuff? I mean, I guess computers are computers, but dealing with video cameras, laser tripwires, and whatever else they got is different from tinkerin' on that bot of yours," he says, then shrugs. "Well, hey, I just met you, so I don't know what you can do. You should know better than I do."

"It'll take me about a day to scope the place out. I need to for what I'm planning. Figure we meet up by the pond in Liberty Park... I don't know, whenever you're ready to go in. I don't know how long the exhibit's around, anyway. It's at the Hunter Museum of Natural History."

Heavy looks like he's pleased with himself, but then he remembers one other thing. "Oh yeah, the plan I got to get in... about how much do you weigh...?"

Nanowire mostly nodded along with Heavy as he laid out his plan, emphasizing the parts where he asked him about his experience with computers and security systems with a more pronounced nod. He liked the fact that Heavy referred to his armor as a "bot", though. Heavy might react differently if he knew that this mecha was just as much a part of him as any other part of his body, so Nanowire let him keep those illusions. The same mistake would also help out immensely if he was caught during this little exercise. Anybody would think that the armor he wore is just one more piece of equipment, and without it, he would be defenseless.

But there would be time to think on that later. "Weigh? Ah... I've never actually weighed myself while I'm in this, but... I figure 460 kilos, max. During nanoreformatting, though, I can cut that down to 114, maybe a little more. Why?"

Nanowire mostly nodded along with Heavy as he laid out his plan, emphasizing the parts where he asked him about his experience with computers and security systems with a more pronounced nod. He liked the fact that Heavy referred to his armor as a "bot", though. Heavy might react differently if he knew that this mecha was just as much a part of him as any other part of his body, so Nanowire let him keep those illusions. The same mistake would also help out immensely if he was caught during this little exercise. Anybody would think that the armor he wore is just one more piece of equipment, and without it, he would be defenseless.

But there would be time to think on that later. "Weigh? Ah... I've never actually weighed myself while I'm in this, but... I figure 460 kilos, max. During nanoreformatting, though, I can cut that down to 114, maybe a little more. Why?"