King of the Hill

Heavy shrugs to himself. "Alright, guess I didn't do as much damage as I thought. That, or the mecha just repaired itself. Looks like I'm going to have to knock him out after all," he thinks.

He looks over the sky, trying to pick out where Nanowire flew off to and failing miserably. He does the best he can, readying for his attack once Nanowire returns. "Next time, we gotta set a rule about flying out of the country during the fight."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nanowire

It was hard to tell at Mach 328 and change, but Nanowire was fairly certain he'd passed the point were he'd have to turn around and head back to get an optimum biting angle on Heavy's armor. As he made the instantaneous course change, with no thought given to the effects of momentum or inertia, (as there was none with his reactionless thrusters) he had to admit to himself that this fight was not going as planned. For one thing, Heavy's exosuit was far more durable than any store-bought piece of hardware had a right to be. This reinforced his sneaking suspicion that it was not simply a enhanced mass production model, but an entirely new design. None of his attacks had made so much as a dent so far, and the only solution was to get smarter about this fight.

His approach angle was locked in, a full 180 degrees of off his departure point. Hopefully, the combination of impossible speed and radical reorientation would throw Heavy off when it came time for the blow to land.

Nanowire

It was hard to tell at Mach 328 and change, but Nanowire was fairly certain he'd passed the point were he'd have to turn around and head back to get an optimum biting angle on Heavy's armor. As he made the instantaneous course change, with no thought given to the effects of momentum or inertia, (as there was none with his reactionless thrusters) he had to admit to himself that this fight was not going as planned. For one thing, Heavy's exosuit was far more durable than any store-bought piece of hardware had a right to be. This reinforced his sneaking suspicion that it was not simply a enhanced mass production model, but an entirely new design. None of his attacks had made so much as a dent so far, and the only solution was to get smarter about this fight.

His approach angle was locked in, a full 180 degrees of off his departure point. Hopefully, the combination of impossible speed and radical reorientation would throw Heavy off when it came time for the blow to land.

Nanowire

Though he has no way of hearing Nanowire coming, Heavy's radar picks up something moving at supersonic speed, coming straight at him. As soon as it's detected, he moves to the side while swinging his arm out, narrowly dodging Nanowire's attack. Unfortunately, his blow is as wild as it gets, and he can't land it.

But Nanowire is here now, and he knows he's got to try to end the fight before the mecha can blast off again. He steps forward, grabbing both hands together and swings at Nanowire with both fists, landing a powerful blow.

Though he has no way of hearing Nanowire coming, Heavy's radar picks up something moving at supersonic speed, coming straight at him. As soon as it's detected, he moves to the side while swinging his arm out, narrowly dodging Nanowire's attack. Unfortunately, his blow is as wild as it gets, and he can't land it.

But Nanowire is here now, and he knows he's got to try to end the fight before the mecha can blast off again. He steps forward, grabbing both hands together and swings at Nanowire with both fists, landing a powerful blow.

At first, Heavy is still coming off of his adrenalin rush, and his reaction is nothing but elation. "He almost got me there, but I guess his 'mecha' couldn't beat dad's suit... with Talos' upgrades," he thinks. Then, as Nanowire remains still, what he did fully hits him.

"Oh man, he's not moving. I know I hit him hard, but..." he trails off as he bends down to look over Nanowire. Pulling off his Roman helmet, he puts his head down to where Nanowire's mouth would be, if the mecha weren't on. "I can't tell if he's breathing... where's the release on his helmet..." he says as he looks for where his had been, before Talos re-engineered it to mimic Daedalus's armor. Presuming he can't find one, he does his best to prop Nanowire up against a wall and wait and hope for him to wake up again.

At first, Heavy is still coming off of his adrenalin rush, and his reaction is nothing but elation. "He almost got me there, but I guess his 'mecha' couldn't beat dad's suit... with Talos' upgrades," he thinks. Then, as Nanowire remains still, what he did fully hits him.

"Oh man, he's not moving. I know I hit him hard, but..." he trails off as he bends down to look over Nanowire. Pulling off his Roman helmet, he puts his head down to where Nanowire's mouth would be, if the mecha weren't on. "I can't tell if he's breathing... where's the release on his helmet..." he says as he looks for where his had been, before Talos re-engineered it to mimic Daedalus's armor. Presuming he can't find one, he does his best to prop Nanowire up against a wall and wait and hope for him to wake up again.

Nanowire

Basal Personality Emgram Status Check...

Warning! Renichighost processor scan indicates user currently non-responsive. Sending runtime query... no response.

Beginning hard restart - stimulate cortical functions in lower processor subunits and feed simulation data to codetype "Edrenal Gland".

User Renichighost attaining memblock release... five seconds to manual reboot toggle... reroute higher processor function through filtertype "Awakening" and await user feedback.

Four seconds to manual reboot toggle... Warning! Non-friendly presence detected through external sensors! User input required! Fight/Flight - Yes/No? Three... Two... One...

<"Ahhh! What the ****!> Nanowire cried in his native tounge out as he came back to full awareness. His NAI "helper" was currently spamming every single sensory receptor he had with requests for input, which led to an extremely uncomfortable sensation in pretty much every nerve ending he possessed. He send a mental "thumbs-up" to his brainspace tag-along so it would shut the hell up, then took stock of the situation.

And from all accounts, it wasn't good. He was flat on his butt with Heavy's face, sans helmet, looking down at him. How the hell did that happen? Nanowire wondered to himself. His NAI broke in again with memory-based footage of just how badly he'd screwed up on that last flyby, of being horribly out of balance and off of the main line he had tried to establish as a prime striking angle. Then it was helpful enough to show him the close-up of Heavy's fists an instant before they collided with his face and sent him spiraling to the ground. He had to hand it to the guy, that last hit had really been something...

...of course, it didn't take a genius to know that clothslining a guy moving as fast as he was would hurt.

"You can stop that now," he grumbled as he pushed himself to his feet. Gyrostabilizers were the only things that were holding him there, though. His in born balance was shot after that last hit he took, and it was doubtful he'd be up to speed anytime soon. He needed downtime to review what happened, try to figure out how Heavy had turned things around on him that completely. But first... "Okay, you won. Congratulations and all that. What do you want from me, then?" Honor might not be that important to him, at least not anymore, but he just didn't feel like having this guy dogging him every step he took.

Nanowire

Warning! Renichighost processor scan indicates user currently non-responsive. Sending runtime query... no response.

Beginning hard restart - stimulate cortical functions in lower processor subunits and feed simulation data to codetype "Edrenal Gland".

User Renichighost attaining memblock release... five seconds to manual reboot toggle... reroute higher processor function through filtertype "Awakening" and await user feedback.

Four seconds to manual reboot toggle... Warning! Non-friendly presence detected through external sensors! User input required! Fight/Flight - Yes/No? Three... Two... One...

<"Ahhh! What the ****!> Nanowire cried in his native tounge out as he came back to full awareness. His NAI "helper" was currently spamming every single sensory receptor he had with requests for input, which led to an extremely uncomfortable sensation in pretty much every nerve ending he possessed. He send a mental "thumbs-up" to his brainspace tag-along so it would shut the hell up, then took stock of the situation.

And from all accounts, it wasn't good. He was flat on his butt with Heavy's face, sans helmet, looking down at him. How the hell did that happen? Nanowire wondered to himself. His NAI broke in again with memory-based footage of just how badly he'd screwed up on that last flyby, of being horribly out of balance and off of the main line he had tried to establish as a prime striking angle. Then it was helpful enough to show him the close-up of Heavy's fists an instant before they collided with his face and sent him spiraling to the ground. He had to hand it to the guy, that last hit had really been something...

...of course, it didn't take a genius to know that clothslining a guy moving as fast as he was would hurt.

"You can stop that now," he grumbled as he pushed himself to his feet. Gyrostabilizers were the only things that were holding him there, though. His in born balance was shot after that last hit he took, and it was doubtful he'd be up to speed anytime soon. He needed downtime to review what happened, try to figure out how Heavy had turned things around on him that completely. But first... "Okay, you won. Congratulations and all that. What do you want from me, then?" Honor might not be that important to him, at least not anymore, but he just didn't feel like having this guy dogging him every step he took.

Nanowire

"Yeah, glad to see I didn't hit you too hard there," Heavy says. He'll offer Nanowire a hand up, even if he does get turned down. "I really wasn't going to worrry about it too much. I mean, I don't have any plans right now for jobs or whatnot. If you hear that I ended up in Sing-sing or something, see if you can bust me out. That's about all I can think of."

He takes a step back, putting back on the helmet. From the tone of voice that follows, Nanowire can tell that Heavy's amused. "By the way, that is a nice mecha or whatever you call it. A piece of advice though - you get in a fight with one of the heavies from the Freedom League, don't be afraid to get up close and personal. That thing's got to be strong to hold up against what I can do, and it doesn't look that strong. Still, if you get 'em teaming up on you, jetting out is probably your best move."

"Yeah, glad to see I didn't hit you too hard there," Heavy says. He'll offer Nanowire a hand up, even if he does get turned down. "I really wasn't going to worrry about it too much. I mean, I don't have any plans right now for jobs or whatnot. If you hear that I ended up in Sing-sing or something, see if you can bust me out. That's about all I can think of."

He takes a step back, putting back on the helmet. From the tone of voice that follows, Nanowire can tell that Heavy's amused. "By the way, that is a nice mecha or whatever you call it. A piece of advice though - you get in a fight with one of the heavies from the Freedom League, don't be afraid to get up close and personal. That thing's got to be strong to hold up against what I can do, and it doesn't look that strong. Still, if you get 'em teaming up on you, jetting out is probably your best move."

"Thanks," Nanowire mumbles. Like his pride wasn't in enough tatters, he had to get a lecture from this guy? Then what Heavy requested occured to him. "Just bust you out of prison if you get sent there? That's it? Nothing else?"

It wasn't the thought of breaking the law that repulsed him, it was Heavy's lack of imaginination. If Nanowire had been in Heavy's boots after what he had shown him, he'd have a few better ideas than that. "What do you do, anyway? I mean, aside from a stong right hook, what skills do you have?"

"Thanks," Nanowire mumbles. Like his pride wasn't in enough tatters, he had to get a lecture from this guy? Then what Heavy requested occured to him. "Just bust you out of prison if you get sent there? That's it? Nothing else?"

It wasn't the thought of breaking the law that repulsed him, it was Heavy's lack of imaginination. If Nanowire had been in Heavy's boots after what he had shown him, he'd have a few better ideas than that. "What do you do, anyway? I mean, aside from a stong right hook, what skills do you have?"

"Well, there's one thing, but unless you know how to get past some real high-tech security systems, I don't think you could help with it. See, the Museum's got this exhibit with some rare book or other from ancient China. It's supposed to be some sort of grimor... grimoie... some sort of spellbook. Now, I don't know magic much, but there's something I've been looking to get done, and that book'd make a good bargaining chip," Heavy says.

"See, I've been practicing something, and I think I could get us into the museum without a problem. It's trying to get the book out past all the tech stuff they got guarding it that'd be real hard," he shrugs. "Heroes could show up too, but that's always somethin' you got to worry about here. You get used to it after a while."

"Well, there's one thing, but unless you know how to get past some real high-tech security systems, I don't think you could help with it. See, the Museum's got this exhibit with some rare book or other from ancient China. It's supposed to be some sort of grimor... grimoie... some sort of spellbook. Now, I don't know magic much, but there's something I've been looking to get done, and that book'd make a good bargaining chip," Heavy says.

"See, I've been practicing something, and I think I could get us into the museum without a problem. It's trying to get the book out past all the tech stuff they got guarding it that'd be real hard," he shrugs. "Heroes could show up too, but that's always somethin' you got to worry about here. You get used to it after a while."