King of the Hill

"The gravity didn't hold him. Either that mecha's really good, or... no, that mecha's got to be really good," Heavy thinks as his usual opening gambit doesn't seem to do a thing. What's more, the kid keeps slugging away at him.

This time, though, Heavy's ready for the strike. Though he still gets hit, he manages to move a non-vital part of the suit to take the brunt of the blow. "Time to see how tough it is," he thinks. All banter has fallen to the side as he tries to figure out what this guy's weakness is. At least he knows to not try to grapple the guy. Anybody who can stand his gravitic onslaught is far too strong to casually grab a hold of. A regular punch, though...

Moving to Nanowire's side, and hopefully out of his main sensor bank, Heavy throws a powerful punch at the mecha.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The gravity didn't hold him. Either that mecha's really good, or... no, that mecha's got to be really good," Heavy thinks as his usual opening gambit doesn't seem to do a thing. What's more, the kid keeps slugging away at him.

This time, though, Heavy's ready for the strike. Though he still gets hit, he manages to move a non-vital part of the suit to take the brunt of the blow. "Time to see how tough it is," he thinks. All banter has fallen to the side as he tries to figure out what this guy's weakness is. At least he knows to not try to grapple the guy. Anybody who can stand his gravitic onslaught is far too strong to casually grab a hold of. A regular punch, though...

Moving to Nanowire's side, and hopefully out of his main sensor bank, Heavy throws a powerful punch at the mecha.

Nanowire

Heavy's punch came out of nowhere. The guy was a lot faster than he looked, and it now seemed that he had been holding back his real ability until now. Unfortunately for the gravity manipulator, Nanowire's armor was more than up to the task of stopping the blow, and in fact, he had barely felt it. He simply stood and took it, then brushed off the point of impact without worry.

"That's it?" Nanowire asked with a mocking tone in his voice. "I've been hit with spitballs that hurt more. Let me show you what real power is all about."

So saying, Nanowire flew backwards about ten feet and switched over to a different weapon system. Weapon Selection: HV Flechettes his HUD chirped, and his armor split open along the seams to reveal row after row of razor-sharp 2mm needles, all aimed at Heavy.

"These are Hypervelocity Flechettes," Nanowire explained helpfully as he oriented himself for a firing solution. "When magnetically accelerated to hypersonic speeds, specifically Mach 8, each one is capable of holing a M1A1 Abrams Main Battle tank. I'm capable of loosing 250 of them in a single firing, which means that, as of right now, I am the world's most deadly Claymore Mine."

Without further preamble, Nanowire sent the mental signal to fire, and hell came to the Arena. Deck plating and steel I-beams were torn to shreds instantly as the destructive wave of unimaginably sharp metal fragments blew through them as if they weren't even there. And all of it was closing in on Heavy.

Nanowire

Heavy's punch came out of nowhere. The guy was a lot faster than he looked, and it now seemed that he had been holding back his real ability until now. Unfortunately for the gravity manipulator, Nanowire's armor was more than up to the task of stopping the blow, and in fact, he had barely felt it. He simply stood and took it, then brushed off the point of impact without worry.

"That's it?" Nanowire asked with a mocking tone in his voice. "I've been hit with spitballs that hurt more. Let me show you what real power is all about."

So saying, Nanowire flew backwards about ten feet and switched over to a different weapon system. Weapon Selection: HV Flechettes his HUD chirped, and his armor split open along the seams to reveal row after row of razor-sharp 2mm needles, all aimed at Heavy.

"These are Hypervelocity Flechettes," Nanowire explained helpfully as he oriented himself for a firing solution. "When magnetically accelerated to hypersonic speeds, specifically Mach 8, each one is capable of holing a M1A1 Abrams Main Battle tank. I'm capable of loosing 250 of them in a single firing, which means that, as of right now, I am the world's most deadly Claymore Mine."

Without further preamble, Nanowire sent the mental signal to fire, and hell came to the Arena. Deck plating and steel I-beams were torn to shreds instantly as the destructive wave of unimaginably sharp metal fragments blew through them as if they weren't even there. And all of it was closing in on Heavy.

Nanowire

Heavy makes a token effort to dodge the flechettes, but they're too fast for him and engulf him. For a scant moment, even Nanowire's sensors can't detect where the razor shards stop and Heavy begins. Then, as it blows past him, it's clear that he isn't there any longer. There's no way that they could have done that much damage, and Heavy's whereabouts are soon made clear as he too hovers above the ground about ten feet. Annoying, the armor doesn't even look dinged.

"I hate to tell you, but once a mine explodes... it's not so good for the mine," he says as the gravitic energy lashes out at Nanowire again. This time, it skids out of control, tearing apart an old shipping container as it seems to collapse in on itself.

Heavy makes a token effort to dodge the flechettes, but they're too fast for him and engulf him. For a scant moment, even Nanowire's sensors can't detect where the razor shards stop and Heavy begins. Then, as it blows past him, it's clear that he isn't there any longer. There's no way that they could have done that much damage, and Heavy's whereabouts are soon made clear as he too hovers above the ground about ten feet. Annoying, the armor doesn't even look dinged.

"I hate to tell you, but once a mine explodes... it's not so good for the mine," he says as the gravitic energy lashes out at Nanowire again. This time, it skids out of control, tearing apart an old shipping container as it seems to collapse in on itself.

Nanowire

This battle seemed to be getting interminable. Everytime Nanowire had tried an attack, he'd been able to hit, but Heavy's armor negated the attack. Even hypervelocity slugs did nothing. Perhaps a change in strategy was called for. After Heavy missed disasterously, Nanowire shot back, "Tell me you didn't miss a seven foot tall target from ten feet away. What was that? A warning shot?"

He blasted towards Heavy, arms outstretched to grab him. But Heavy jerked to the side at the last moment, making Nanowire continue past him.

Nanowire

This battle seemed to be getting interminable. Everytime Nanowire had tried an attack, he'd been able to hit, but Heavy's armor negated the attack. Even hypervelocity slugs did nothing. Perhaps a change in strategy was called for. After Heavy missed disasterously, Nanowire shot back, "Tell me you didn't miss a seven foot tall target from ten feet away. What was that? A warning shot?"

He blasted towards Heavy, arms outstretched to grab him. But Heavy jerked to the side at the last moment, making Nanowire continue past him.

Nanowire

"So, that was definitely flying," Heavy thinks as Nanowire jumps into the air towards him. "Maybe destroying those jets would give me the advantage."

As Nanowire blasts by him, Heavy bends back. Apparently, the suit is a lot more flexible than the plate armor it resembles. As he does so, he punches at Nanowire's feet, hitting the jets and hopefully throwing him off-balance for a moment.

"So, that was definitely flying," Heavy thinks as Nanowire jumps into the air towards him. "Maybe destroying those jets would give me the advantage."

As Nanowire blasts by him, Heavy bends back. Apparently, the suit is a lot more flexible than the plate armor it resembles. As he does so, he punches at Nanowire's feet, hitting the jets and hopefully throwing him off-balance for a moment.

Nanowire

Damn, I'm out of position! Nanowire railed against himself as he saw Heavy fly himself in behind him. Heavy nailed his feet hard, enough to knock him out of the air and slam him into the ground. Fortunately, the damage wasn't too severe.

But Heavy didn't know that. "Argh!" Nanowire called out, hopefully convincing Heavy he was more hurt than he was, trying to draw him off guard.

Nanowire

Damn, I'm out of position! Nanowire railed against himself as he saw Heavy fly himself in behind him. Heavy nailed his feet hard, enough to knock him out of the air and slam him into the ground. Fortunately, the damage wasn't too severe.

But Heavy didn't know that. "Argh!" Nanowire called out, hopefully convincing Heavy he was more hurt than he was, trying to draw him off guard.

Nanowire

Heavy almost pulls back to land a great wallop and finish Nanowire off, but then he remembers why they came here and relents.

"Remember, you can surrender any time. I'm not here to pound you into a pulp. Leave that for the 'heroes' to do," he says. He doesn't drop his guard, but he's not trying to smash Nanowire for the moment. Just in case it is a trick, though, he's ready for the sort of speed that Nanowire showed at the beginning of the fight.

Heavy almost pulls back to land a great wallop and finish Nanowire off, but then he remembers why they came here and relents.

"Remember, you can surrender any time. I'm not here to pound you into a pulp. Leave that for the 'heroes' to do," he says. He doesn't drop his guard, but he's not trying to smash Nanowire for the moment. Just in case it is a trick, though, he's ready for the sort of speed that Nanowire showed at the beginning of the fight.

Like that's going to happen, Nanowire thought as he judged the distance between him and Heavy by omnidirectional radar. Better than I thought, much better. I feel the need - the need FOR SPEED!

Without warning, Nanowire's body contours morphed into a far smaller, sleeker version of what he had before. The disks on his legs, denoting where his Gravitic Impellers were, grew larger, almost to the size of dinner plates. A dull hum suffused the entire area, quickly growing sharper and louder. "Don't go anywhere," Nanowire said, glancing back at Heavy for a moment. "I'll be right back."

And with that, he was gone. Not teleporting, but almost as fast, across the water at 250,000 miles per hour. No human could track him while he was going that fast. Multiple sonic booms shook the platform and followed along his path of egress like rolling thunder. All he needed was some room to manuver, turn around, and then, well... then the real games could begin.

Like that's going to happen, Nanowire thought as he judged the distance between him and Heavy by omnidirectional radar. Better than I thought, much better. I feel the need - the need FOR SPEED!

Without warning, Nanowire's body contours morphed into a far smaller, sleeker version of what he had before. The disks on his legs, denoting where his Gravitic Impellers were, grew larger, almost to the size of dinner plates. A dull hum suffused the entire area, quickly growing sharper and louder. "Don't go anywhere," Nanowire said, glancing back at Heavy for a moment. "I'll be right back."

And with that, he was gone. Not teleporting, but almost as fast, across the water at 250,000 miles per hour. No human could track him while he was going that fast. Multiple sonic booms shook the platform and followed along his path of egress like rolling thunder. All he needed was some room to manuver, turn around, and then, well... then the real games could begin.

Heavy shrugs to himself. "Alright, guess I didn't do as much damage as I thought. That, or the mecha just repaired itself. Looks like I'm going to have to knock him out after all," he thinks.

He looks over the sky, trying to pick out where Nanowire flew off to and failing miserably. He does the best he can, readying for his attack once Nanowire returns. "Next time, we gotta set a rule about flying out of the country during the fight."

Heavy shrugs to himself. "Alright, guess I didn't do as much damage as I thought. That, or the mecha just repaired itself. Looks like I'm going to have to knock him out after all," he thinks.

He looks over the sky, trying to pick out where Nanowire flew off to and failing miserably. He does the best he can, readying for his attack once Nanowire returns. "Next time, we gotta set a rule about flying out of the country during the fight."