ditra%20mini.jpg

Player Name: Heritage

Name: Ditra Fifty-Five

Power Level: 10/12 (165/185PP)
Tradeoffs: +2 Toughness/-2 Defense
Unspent PP: 20
In Brief: Alien cyborg with telepathic and technopathic powers
Alternate Identity: Councillor Ditra Fifty-Five, diploditra055 (Nameless designation)
Identity: Public
Birthplace: Somewhere in Lor space
Base of Operations: CoVic Station

Affiliations: The Second Hive, the Coalition
Family: Hundreds of hive mates

Description:

Apparent Age: 25

Race: Nameless agent (Diplomatic model)
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 55 kg
Eyes: Black
Hair: Green

Skin: Green

Ditra is a very pretty Nameless agent of the Diplo class, marked by green skin and curly, dark green hair. Due to the nature of her robotic body, she has few physical needs, so she tends to dress in simple yet flattering jumpsuits in gray, white or black, which offer little protection from hostile environments or attacks. She does own an older EVA suit that she keeps in her luggage in case of emergency.

History:
Ditra is a Nameless agent, one of hundreds chosen to serve her race's long-term plan to infiltrate and overthrow the Republic from the inside. But the Fifty Year Plan, which had somehow not been completed in nearly two hundred years, quickly became obsolete once the first agents were exposed in the early stages of the Communion Incursion three Terran years ago. Like the rest of her race, Ditra had to adapt to a radical new situation, and she was as surprised as anyone else to find herself fighting alongside the 'marks' in what would come to be called the Coalition. But she has always liked the Lor, and never specifically wished them any ill will, so maybe it should have been less of a shock. She served with distinction throughout the conflict, even receiving the grudging respect of members of other races.

With the fighting over, Ditra registered herself along with the other more or less law-abiding agents, and looked into finding some sort of gainful employment on CoVic Station; she did a number of odd jobs, including security, labor negotiations and working in the various markets throughout the station. One day she was approached by members of her hive about possibly serving on the Coalition council as a representative for the Nameless; they pointed out that she was a popular agent, and her distinguished war service meant that she was already known outside the hive. After much consideration, she agreed to having her designation placed on the ballot, and was shocked to find that she'd won the election by a significant number; she now suspects there was some sort of tampering that guaranteed her victory.

Despite (or perhaps because) of the way she came to her position, she takes it very seriously, and she sincerely wants what's best for her people, even though no one can agree on what that truly is right now.

Personality & Motivation:
Ditra Fifty-Five was, like all Diplomatic units, designed, bred, cloned, assembled, trained and programmed specifically to be likable, helpful and attractive to the Lor. Yet even if one knows this, it's hard not to like her; she's pretty, warm and charming, and genuinely wants to serve both her race and the Coalition as a whole. She's very much aware of how most races see her kind, and will freely acknowledge their concerns; she knows that she will have to work very hard to earn anyone's trust, and that even then, a single careless word or action can bring it all crashing down.

But all is not so serious for this young sentient; she is very curious and loves to learn things, and finds other races and people to be fascinating. She also loves playing the elaborate, massive multiplayer videogames her people design, and spends much of her free time in highly competitive gameplay

Powers & Tactics:
In terms of offense, Ditra really only has one weapon: the powerful blaster built into her right forearm. But to think this is all she brings to the table is to sell her short; her communication capabilities are considerable, and her databanks hold a tremendous amount of information, which make her an ideal investigator, interrogator or negotiator. 

Complications:
The Nameless Peril: Ditra is a member of one of the least trusted races in the galaxy, and is frequently the subject of considerable prejudice.

A Bit of a Snoop: Ditra is both naturally curious and a telepath; she may have a hard time resisting peeking into someone's mind, even if they're a friend.

For Love of the Game: Like many Nameless agents, Ditra is a bit of a videogame addict, and may be distracted from time to time by gameplay in her head.

Domo Arigato, Mistress Roboto: Though her body contains several biological components, it is still mostly robotic, and thus is susceptible to powers or devices that affect technology.

Horrible, Horrible Freedom!: If her centipede-like pilot is ever pulled out of her shell, Ditra would be terribly exposed.

A Sense of Duty: As an elected councillor of the Coalition, Ditra takes her duties very seriously, which may lead to moral conflicts over where her loyalties lie.

My Resources Are Not Infinite: Though her shell is largely self-contained and can maintain itself for days in the harshest environments, Ditra does still need to occasionally ingest organic material, trace elements and radioactive isotopes from time to time. Too long without these substances will cause her to shutdown or even die.

Abilities: 0 + 6 + 0 + 10 + 4 + 8 = 28PP
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Combat: 16 + 12 = 28PP
Initiative: +3
Attack: 6, Melee +6, Ranged +6, Unarmed +6, Blaster +12
Grapple: +16 (+10 Str, Attack 6)
Defense: 8 (+8 Defense), 4 Flat-footed
Knockback: -5 (-3 Flat-Footed)

Saving Throws: 0 + 8 + 5 + 8 = 21PP
Toughness: +12 (+0 Con, +4 Defensive Roll, +8 Protection)
Fortitude +8 (+2 Con, +8)
Reflex +8 (+3 Dex, +5)
Will +10 (+2 Wis, +8)

Skills: 64R = 16PP (*Skill Mastery)
Bluff 6 (+10)*

Computers 5 (+10)
Diplomacy 11 (+15)*

Disguise 4 (+8, +28 Morph)

Gather Information 6 (+10)*

Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Civics) 5 (+10)
Knowledge (Galactic Lore) 5 (+10)
Notice 3 (+5)

Perform (Oratory) 6 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)*

Feats: 7PP

Benefit: Coalition Councillor

Defensive Roll 2
Eidetic Memory

Jack of All Trades

Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive)

Well-Informed

Equipment: 0PP

Surplus EVA suit (free)

Powers: 30 + 15 + 4 + 19 = 68PP

Modified Diplomatic Shell [30PP]

• Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak and Understand any Sapient language) [6PP]

• Features 3 (Internal Compartment, Internal Computer, Iron Stomach) [3PP]
• Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9PP]

• Morph 4 (Humanoids, Flaw: Limited to Females) [4PP]

• Protection 8 [8PP]

Communications Package (ComPac) [15PP]

• Base Power: Mental Communication 5 (Extra: Area, Feats: Selective, Subtle) [12PP]

AP: Datalink 5 (Radio-based, Feats: Subtle 2) + Quickness 10 (Limited: One Type [Mental], x2,500) [1PP]

AP: Mind Reading 10 (Feat: Subtle 2) [1PP]

AP: Radio Communication 5 (Extra: Area, Feats: Selective, Subtle) [1PP]

Sensory Package (SensPac) [4PP]
• Super-Senses 4 (Infravision, Psionic Awareness, Radio) [4PP]

Tactical Package (TacPac) [19PP]

• Blast 8 (Feat: Accurate 3) [19PP]

Drawbacks: (-3) = -3PP
Weakness (Requires Radioactive Materials, Frequency: Common, Intensity: Moderate [cumulative -1 penalty on all checks, attack rolls and Defense]) [-3PP]

DC Block

ATTACK       RANGE        SAVE          EFFECT
Blaster      Ranged       DC 23 Tough   Damage 

Mind Reading Perception   DC 20 Will    Read Surface Thoughts

Abilities 28 + Combat 28 + Saving Throws 21 + Skills 16 + Feats 7 + Powers 68 - Drawbacks 3 = 165 /185 Power Points

Edited by Fox
+1pp for March/April 2018

Overall: This character seems to be below caps - she's listed as a PL10 with +0 Toughness / -2 Defense trade-off (???), but she has +8 Defense, +10 Toughness, +10 Attack, and +8 Damage - making her a PL9 with -2/+2 trade-off both offensively and defensively, at best.

Combat: Ditra is missing an Knockback modifier.

Saves: Not a math thing, but Ditra's Fort save lists the +8 bonus as coming from an Enhanced Con that doesn't exist - should just be a flat +8, like the other exotic saves.

Powers: Subtle is a power feat, not an extra.

I'm not sure what you've built with the Mental Awareness - if she's aware of and can detect psionic powers and effects, that'd be Psionic Awareness, which is priced correctly but should be noted as such.

Overall: I agree she is a bit below caps, but it was a very tight build, and I want to start building her up; if that means I should start her as a PL9, I'm willing to do that.

Combat: I can never remember hows to calculate Knockback, because that section of the rules always confuses the hell out of me; if you can explain how to figure it out, I will do so right now.

Saves: I think that's residual from Miracle Girl's sheet, which I copy and pasted for formatting purposes; I will fix it now.

Powers: Yep, my mistakes; will fix both of those now.

EDIT: Okay, I think I fixed everything but the Knockback. Also I l realized that if I dropped her down to PL9, I lose 15PP. Can I just keep her under caps for a month? One month's PP will allow me to push her up to Pl10

Edited by Heritage

PL9 is fne. :) It just needs to be noted correctly so that your GMs know what they're working with at a glance.

Knockback is [impervious toughness + 1/2 non-impervious toughness + misc. modifiers like Growth and Density]. You have no weird modifiers, and you have no impervious toughness, so this character's Knockback modifier would be just a flat half of her toughness, rounded down.

The only wrinkle is that you lose that Defensive Roll when flat-footed (that's why it's cheap!), so when Flat-Footed you lose that bonus for Knockback, too. So:

Knockback: -5 (-3 Flat-Footed)