20170503_025151.png

Power Level: 10 (150/150PP)
Tradeoffs: +0 Toughness/-2 Defense
Unspent PP: 0
In Brief: Alien cyborg with telepathic and technopathic powers
Alternate Identity: ditra055diplo
Identity: Public
Birthplace: Somewhere in Lor space
Affiliations: Second Hive, the Coalition, the Praetorians?
Family: Hundreds of hive mates

Description:

Race: Nameless (Diplomatic model)
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 55 kg
Eyes: Golden
Hair: Green

Skin: Green

Ditra is a very pretty Nameless agent of the Diplo class, marked by green skin and green hair, which she currently wears short. Due to the nature of her robotic body, she has few physical needs, so she tends to dress in simple yet flattering jumpsuits in gray, white or black, which offer little protection from hostile environments or attacks. She does own an older EVA suit that she keeps in her luggage in case of emergency.

History:
Ditra is a Nameless agent, one of hundreds chosen to serve her race's long-term plan to infiltrate and overthrow the Republic from the inside. But the Fifty Year Plan, which had somehow not been completed in nearly two hundred years, quickly became obsolete once the first agents were exposed in the early stages of the Communion Incursion three Terran years ago. Like the rest of her race, Ditra had to adapt to a radical new situation, and she was as surprised as anyone else to find herself fighting alongside the 'marks' in what would come to be called the Coalition. But she has always liked the Lor, and never specifically wished them any ill will, so maybe it should have been less of a shock. She served with distinction throughout the conflict, even receiving the grudging respect of members of other races.

With the fighting over, Ditra registered herself along with the other more or less law-abiding agents, and looked into finding some sort of gainful employment on CoVic Station; she did a number of odd jobs, including security, labor negotiations and working in the various markets throughout the station. One day she was approached by members of her hive about possibly serving on the Coalition council as a representative for the Nameless; they pointed out that she was a popular agent, and her distinguished war service meant that she was already known outside the hive. After much consideration, she agreed to having her designation placed on the ballot, and was shocked to find that she'd won the election by a significant number; she now suspects there was some sort of tampering that guaranteed her victory.

Despite (or perhaps because) of the way she came to her position, she takes it very seriously, and she sincerely wants what's best for her people, even though no one can agree on what that truly is right now.

Personality & Motivation:
Ditra Fifty-Five was, like all Diplomatic units, designed, bred, cloned, assembled and programmed specifically to be likable, helpful and attractive to the Lor. Yet even if one knows this, it's hard not to like her; she's pretty, warm and charming, and genuinely wants to serve both her race and the Coalition as a whole. She's very much aware of how most races see her kind, and will freely acknowledge their concerns; she knows that will have to work very hard to earn anyone's trust, and that even then, a single careless word or action can bring it all crashing down.

But all is not so serious for this young sentient; she is very curious and loves to learn things, and finds other races and peoples to be fascinating. She also loves playing the elaborate videogames her people design, and spends much of her free time in highly competitive gameplay

Powers & Tactics:
In terms of offense, Ditra really only has one weapon: the powerful blaster built into her right forearm. But to think this is all she brings to the table is to sell her short; her communication capabilities are considerable, and her databanks hold a tremendous amount of information, which make her an ideal investigator, interrogator or negotiator. 

Complications:
The Nameless Peril: Ditra is a member of one of the least trusted races in the galaxy, and is frequently the subject of considerable prejudice.

A Bit of a Snoop: Ditra is both naturally curious and a telepath; she may have a hard time resisting peeking into someone's mind, even if they're a friend.

For Love of the Game: Like many Nameless agents, Ditra is a bit of a videogame addict, and may be distracted from time to time by gameplay in her head.

Domo Arigato, Mistress Roboto: Though her body contains several biological components, it is still mostly robotic, and thus is susceptible to powers or devices that affect technology.

Horrible, Horrible Freedom!: If her centipede-like pilot is ever pulled out of her shell, Ditra would be terribly exposed.

A Sense of Duty: As an elected councillor of the Coalition, Ditra takes her duties very seriously, which may lead to moral conflicts over where her loyalties lie.

Abilities: 0 + 6 + 0 + 10 + 4 + 8 = 28PP
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Combat: 16 + 12 = 28PP
Initiative: +3
Attack: 6, Melee +6, Ranged +6, Unarmed +6, Blaster +10
Grapple: +16 (+10 Str, Attack 6)
Defense: 8 (+8 Defense), 4 Flat-footed
Knockback:

Saving Throws: 0 + 8 + 5 + 8 = 21PP
Toughness: +10 (+0 Con, +4 Defensive Roll, +6 Protection)
Fortitude +8 (+2 Con, +8 Enhanced Con)
Reflex +8 (+3 Dex, +5)
Will +10 (+2 Wis, +8)

Skills: 60R = 15PP (*Skill Mastery)
Bluff 6 (+10)*

Computers 5 (+10)
Diplomacy 11 (+15)*

Gather Information 6 (+10)*

Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Civics) 5 (+10)
Knowledge (Galactic Lore) 5 (+10)
Notice 3 (+5)

Perform (Oratory) 6 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)*

Feats: 7PP

Benefit: Diplomatic Status

Defensive Roll 2
Eidetic Memory

Jack of All Trades

Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive)

Well-Informed

Powers: 24 + 9 + 3 + 18 = 54PP

Standard Diplomatic Shell [24PP]

Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak and Understand any Sapient language) [6PP]

Features 3 (Internal Compartment, Internal Computer, Iron Stomach) [3PP]
Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9PP]

Protection 6 [6PP]

Communications Package (ComPac) [9PP]

Base Power: Mental Communication 5 (Extra: Subtle) [6PP]

AP: Datalink 5 (Radio-based, Extra: Subtle) [1PP]

AP: Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Surface Thoughts Only) [1PP]

AP: Radio Communication 5 (Extra: Subtle) [1PP]

Sensory Package (SensPac) [3PP]
Super-Senses 3 (Mental Awareness, Radio) [3PP]

Tactical Package (TacPac) [18PP]

Blast 8 (Extra: Accurate 2) [18PP]

Drawbacks: (-3) = -3PP
Weakness (Requires Radioactive Materials, Frequency: Common, Intensity: Moderate [cumulative -1 penalty on all checks, attack rolls and Defense]) [-3PP]

DC Block

ATTACK       RANGE        SAVE          EFFECT
Blaster      Ranged       DC 23 Tough   Damage 

Mind Reading Perception   DC 20 Will    Read Surface Thoughts

Abilities 28 + Combat 28 + Saving Throws 21 + Skills 15 + Feats 7 + Powers 54 - Drawbacks 3 = 150/150 Power Points

Edited by Heritage

Here is the crunch for my new space character, Ditra Fifty-Five; I thinks he turned out pretty good, considering how iffy I am at chargen.

My one rules question is, if she has Comprehend Electronics, would she still need Datalink to access computers, or is that already covered?

EDIT: already found and corrected a few mistakes in skills and such :$

Edited by Heritage

Ill wait for complications and backstory to comment, but as you solicited feedback at this stage:

1. Comprehend in an array always feels slightly cheesy to me as you rarely need other powers when engaging in dialogue. It seems to me that a diplomat would always have this on anyway. That said, I would remove comprehend machine/electronics from the power and have an array of Radio Communication / Datalink / Telepathy (Mind Reading + Mental communication). 

2. Whilst she may be beautiful, thats not the same as attractive. As a diplomat I doubt she would be particularly skilled at manipulating one type of person. As a possibly odd suggestion you could do a different type of Attractive like Attractive (Natural in politics and beaurocracy), meaning she knows how to butter people up - or alternative Favoured Opponent (Politicians and administrators) etc. You may find this a more invigorating / novel way of doing things than the slightly worn "Hey look how sexy I am" thing. 

3. As a bordeline spy, the Comprehend (Decryption) power might be worth/fun getting, for decoding all those communications she intercepts!

4. Perhaps some skills in Civics and Behavioural Sciences?

5. Second Chance (Will Save vs Mind Reading) feat again might fit?

6. Overall I would probably be inclined to eliminate the telepathy part of her (mind reading might actually work out rather dull for a diplomat - effective, but perhaps too effective and therefore cut you out of cut and thrust of social conflict). I say that with trepidation as I dont want to maul your character concept, but my experience of mind reading is that it sounds cool but isn't that much fun. 

One quick note (still at work): Even though she is a Diplomatic model, I have a feeling she will be a bit more of an adventurer in actual play, perhaps in the same way that Wonder Woman is considered a diplomat.

That being said, reducing her ranks of Mind Reading might not be a bad idea, or even reducing it to emotions? I'll have to think about that.

You can do very interesting things with Mind Reading. For example:

Mind Reading 10 (Extras: Continuous Duration [+2], Sensory Link [+1], Flaws: Touch Range [-2], Feedback, Limited to surface thoughts or emotoins, Feats: Subtle, Insidious) 7 PP

Touch someone, permantly psychic bond with them. you feel what they feel but they don't know it. Nice for handshakes. 

Whilst the continuous duration might normally be frowned on, the fact you have the feedback flaw can cause a serious problem. Or, you could add in something like power loss (sleep), etc to make it not truly continuous. 

Edited by Supercape

Okay, made several changes, all for the better, I think. I'm not sure exactly what the benefits of being a diplomat are in the Republic, but I assume they're enough to warrant paying for the Benefit :)

Edited by Heritage