The Doctor Is OUT [OOC]

Blarghy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Correct.  Miss Grue has detected strange and hostile minds nearby that seem to be focused on the house you're in (well, below).  She told the other heroes,

It looks like someone or something is directing all this she explained and projected into there minds these hollow men that she'd seen There's also someone on there way very quickly, I'm going to try and slow them down if I can but be ready for if I can't stop them.

Note that Miss Grue hasn't actually seen any of these individuals yet; she detected them via her mental senses.  Miracle Girl does have a line of sight, but she hasn't told the rest of the team what she sees, due to being preoccupied with Julia. 

Thus, the general state of affairs is that you have about a dozen squishy civilians (some of them friendly, some of them not, many of them injured to some degree) to consider, and now a new group of enemies that may want to harm them and/or you.  You also have the Coles, those super-powered "villains," on the lowest level of the bunker (Miss Grue noticed Julia's mental aura arriving and told the rest of the team that she was close, but didn't update you further; Miracle Girl can see and interact with Julia; Terrifica has seen Caleb Cole and informed everyone about him via Miss Grue's mental link about a page ago). 

There is also one of the hostage-taking teenagers on the middle level of the bunker, alone, who hasn't been dealt with yet.  Miracle Girl and Miss Grue have detected him with their various senses, you all saw him before combat started thanks to Miss Grue's mental link (allowing you to see what Miracle Girl saw when she was scouting out the area), and Sea Devil can probably smell him. 

I expect that your overall objectives are still to rescue the hostages, detain the teenagers who were holding them, deal with the new threat that's currently outside the house but likely to engage soon if you don't rush out to meet them first, and do something about the Coles.  How you address this is up to you, though I'll point out that you're currently in a pretty defensible position with only two entrances (via the house above the bunker, and the lower sewer entrance that Terrifica used to get in; it's unlikely that these new enemies know about it), but that forcing your opponents to come to you could potentially endanger the civilians too, and will mean that the Coles are going to be close to the violence.  Miracle Girl has so far been able to get both of them to do what she wants, but that might be tougher once things get dangerous.  If you do choose to fight in the bunker, Terrifica is aware of some of its special features that she could potentially use to her advantage, though she hasn't done it yet.

Lastly, the AEGIS convoy, led by Agent Thornton, is still on its way.  A complication may arise concerning them, which only Miss Grue knows about, as she didn't mention it to the anyone.  As such, I won't reveal it yet.  I will repost the way I described the new enemies in that spoiler box, since Tiff said that Miss Grue was projecting it to everyone else.

Only, these don't feel like people, but rather, one-dimensional photographs of people.  Or, perhaps, those big orange fruits that humans customarily carve for Halloween: empty things with rigid faces carved on the outside to simulate expressions.  Still, what little substance they do have is antagonistic in its nature, and aimed at her and her friends! 

• 1 month later...