GM

April 22, 2017 12:00 am

Toys. There was always something fun about finding new toys. He remembered flipping through catalogs as a small child, trying to find the right thing to ask for. 

Enough money could buy almost any toy. But of course some toys were priceless. Sometimes people would share these toys. But he'd learned it was always easier to take and not ask. Who cared really? If they really wanted to keep the toys they would have taken better care of them. They wouldn't leave them lying around. 

He activated the process of "ordering" his new toys. 

There was a flash of blue light. That was the last thing each of the heroes had seen. That flash had dulled to a city street. A street that could have been any street in Freedom. Kind of. Dozens of cars were on the street unmoving. The towers looked right, but there was no one around. No one save the other heroes in a similar state of recovering from a stupor. 

With so many trips to and from Freedom City, all thanks to the Ministry, she was pretty used to the experience of teleportation. And that wasn't the only time in her long life that used teleportation of various types. So whilst she wasn't expecting the sudden blue flash Klara wasn't completely disorientated by the sudden arrival in City, though it's empty condition was fairly irksome.

“Well, this is an unusual way to start the day. Let's go see if we can find someone."

She looked to the skyline to try and figure out where she was in the city, aiming to find even the Embassy or the League building, both good places to try and find out any useful information.

PC

Hyperactive took in the place he was in. The cars were weird. At first Hyperactive could not place it. Then he figured it out. The doors for the most part couldn't open. The exhaust pipes were purely ornamental. The tires weren't rubber, they were hard smooth plastic. These were prop cars. Massive matchbox cars. 

"What's up with the giant fake cars?" He asked aloud before really realizing he wasn't alone. "Mannequin? Geez, where are we? You have any ideas?"

Edited by Kolohehonu

When the blue flash overtook Mannequin one thought went through his head. Please don't teleport me into an active volcano. Thankfully when the flash ended he was still in one piece in what appeared to be a very lifeless Freedom.

Mannequin scratched the back of his head before responding with a simple shrug to the fellow hero. "Looks like we are in the same boat here. Not quite sure were we are but it scans show that the cars are all fake...Perhaps this city is some sort of giant diorama of Freedom? Regardless it's safe to assume that we were targeted and are most likely being watched. We should seek high ground to get a better vantage point of the area.

Edited by Vorik

Casey had been window shopping at the Ashton Mall when the blue light captured her; one minute she was staring longingly at a pair of Nike cleats, and the next she was standing, in costume, on top of a building! Obviously something was seriously wrong, so she took to the air to see whether or not she was alone. Maybe there might be...aha, people!

"Yeah, none of this stuff is real," said the attractive young blonde woman who landed next to them; she wore a red, white and blue costume and seemed to radiate a soft, golden glow. She pointed up at the sun. "That's fake, too; I think it's some kind of light bulb. Which means it's either really big, or we're actually really small." Then she smiled and waved. "I'm Miracle Girl, by the way; nice to meet you."

Edited by Heritage

GM

"Hyperactive, and this big guy is Mannequin." He smiled and flashed a supersonic wave. The whole thing did feel weird. "So what? Do you think really big or really small?" He asked Mannequin. The guy was a genius, and it was worth asking. 

Before anyone could respond, there was a clicking sound. A sound like scuttling feet. Rather large. In the shadows of the alleys of two buildings. One on either side the heroes all noticed two very large creatures. Probably about the size of any of the cars and crawling along the walls. 

Finally, her scanning of the skyline paid off, but not quite in the way she'd expected. Still in her experience trouble meant answers, even if you first had to sort the trouble out.

"Well I don't know but I'm guessing that they might help us find some answers." she pointed up at the skittering creature.

Expecting trouble she went over to the nearest car and began to test how easy it would be to lift the vehicle, it might not be the easiest object to use but it would definitely get the creature's attention.

"Some call me Voin Zhenshchin, but most just us Klara, apparently they find it much easier to say!"

• 3 weeks later...

PC

Hyperactive liked neither the ominous skittering nor the way all eight of those spider eyes were on him. If they weren't small those things were clearly gigantic. And if they were small, well he might never look at spiders the same way again. 

"Those could be fake. Maybe giant robot spiders?" Hyperactive asked as he locked his face shield in place. "I'm gonna kick it and find out." In a burst of speed Hyperactive hit the side of the empty building and darted up it. With a flip he slammed his heel straight into the creature. 

The blow was solid, there was a thud. Not like hitting metal, or like hitting flesh. It was like, well like hitting a crab. It was almost a click and then a scrape. Hyperactive ran over the Spider and up the building. The spider hissed a bubbling vicious hiss mixed with the clicking of fangs. It aimed it's ire almost at where Hyperactive was, it had better reflexes than your average street thug, but couldn't turn fast enough on the Speedster. 

"It's real! It's very real! And very angry! Hyperactive shouted looking down from the top of the fake building. 

• 3 weeks later...

With a quick test it was quite obvious that the cars were quite a bit lighter than Klara would expect, not that a fully loaded car would be much of a problem with her. She hefted the nearest car up above her head.

“I guess that rules out talking them out of attacking then, I guess it counts out Spider spirits they tend to be at least a little more amenable. Oh well then let’s get these them out of the way then.”

She then proceeded to throw the car towards the nearest spider, she’d still hadn’t compensated properly for the vehicles reduced weight as it didn’t fly as well as it could have.