The Sick and the Serpentine (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Billy Bob is dazed thanks to Duke (and prone)

Duke will hammer at his brother again, rolling Beats up brother: 1d20+4 6 even with a prone opponent bonus, that will miss. 

Rosa will take no action other than full defence (+4 dodge bonus) although unlikely to come up. 

The Swamp thing will charge out of the fiery building. Now, he is not exactly attacking, so will not damage you, but can I get another DC 10 Reflex roll from Kimo to get out of his way (if you wish too) as you are in his path. 

Ok, so we are all outside the building, which is collapsing. 

Round 5:

16 Kid K - 3 CON drained, 2 HP

14 Billy Bob, prone, bruised, dazed

13 Duke, just outside burning shrine, raging [3 rnd], mind controlled [2 rnd]

13 Swamp Horrow, Bruised, Injured

10 Rosa Sanchez

Kid K is up again. 

Edited by Supercape

Ok.

Billy Bob: Move Action to stand up, Standard action to hack at the Swamp ThingHacks Swamp Beast: 1d20+6 11 missing. 

Duke will continue his mind controlled mission: Hammers Billy Bob again: 1d20+4 19 another hit, again, Damage 7 (DC 22) attack. Toughness save vs Duke: 1d20+1 12 is enough to give him a second bruise, daze him, and stagger him. Also; knockback of 50 feet. I'm going to keep that a little more realistic, even for Dukes incredible strength, and half that two twenty five feet, knocking him into some burning wood just to keep us all on our toes!

Swampbeast will flail away at you lot. Random attack: 1d2 1 he attacks Duke. 

Swamp beast is blind but has the blind fighting feat, reducing his miss chance to 25%: Blind Miss chance: 1d4 2 which does not happen. Attack roll is: Attacks Duke: 1d20+5 21 which hits Duke. 

Duke gets a Damage 8 (DC 23) toughness save. Toughness save vs Swamp Beast: 1d20+5 15 which means dazed and bruise. Also, he is hit by the vines, a snare 5 aura and his reflex save is Reflex Save vs Snare: 1d20+2 21 so he actually shakes them off!

Turning into one of the most complex combats I have run, but here we go!

Round 6:

16 Kid K - 3 CON drained, 2 HP

14 Billy Bob, prone, bruised x2, dazed (till 13), staggered, on fire...

13 Duke, raging [4 rnd], mind controlled [3 rnd], bruised, dazed (till 13)

13 Swamp Horrow, Bruised, Injured

10 Rosa Sanchez

Kid K is up. 

Captain Hammer is about 70' away. 

Just a note, no need to confirm criticals in M&M, they are automatic. 

Which means a DC 29 Toughness save! (15 base, plus 9 STR, plus 5 critical). Toughness Save vs KK: 1d20+4 22 which is a good roll in response, leaving him dazed again, and bruised 2

Grapple roll vs KK: 1d20+9 13 for grapple, which means he is pinned and helpless. 

You still have a move action if you want to take it?

An unsurprising victory. 

So to make things even more insane, lets have the swamp creature grapple both of you!

Concealment miss chance: 1d4 2 it makes its concealment miss chance roll. 

Grapples Duke and Kimo: 1d20+5 6 however it wildly misses the actual attack roll. 

Round 7:

16 Kid K - 3 CON drained, 2 HP, Grappling Duke. 

14 Billy Bob, prone, bruised x2, dazed (till 13), staggered. 30' Away

13 Duke, raging [5 rnd], bruised, dazed, grappled / helpless

13 Swamp Horror, Bruised, Injured

10 Rosa Sanchez

Captain Hammer is 40' Away

Kid K is up. 

Gonna try to cool the whole situation down with a diplomacy check. 

Calm down!!!: 1d20+7 10 

well those good rolls were bound to run out eventually... screw it with two HP left I'll spend one now. 

Diplomacy reroll: 1d20+7 10

well... 20? I mean can Duke see Vesper? Can I use my movement so that he can see her? So he can see she's ok and breathing? (Ok is a stretch but she's breathing.)

Edited by Kolohehonu

Ok bit of a tricky one: Diplomacy normally takes at least a full round action, and its a funny situation. The roll is reasonable with the HP on it, but on the other hand, Duke is in a frenzy. 

Mulling it over, I'm not sure that its actually a diplomacy roll in the first place. It a tense moment though. Ill igve you back that HP so still on HP 2

Ill give Duke a Notice roll with your CHA as an additional bonus, DC 10 to spot that Vesper is still alive. Unfortunately his notice is -1 and you are currently at 10 CHA. Still: Notices Vesper is alive?: 1d20-1 11 and he cottons on to the fact that she is Alive, although she is still hurt. This is enough to give him pause, anyway, although he is still a livid maniac. 

And for the rest of the round:

Billy Bob will stand up as a move action, and pull his machete out of the tree as another move action. 

Duke will not act this round, essentially his tiny brain trying to work out what's going on. 

The Swamp thing will try and grapple you both again, but even with blind fight Concealment miss chance: 1d4 1 the concealment miss chance kicks in. 

Rosa is going to try and placate her (?Ex) brother and we shall just say she is now snared in his vines as per IC. This essentially takes her out of "action" although she might still speak. 

For the next round, Captain Hammers initiative: Initiative: 1d20+4 7

Round 8:

16 Kid K - 3 CON drained, 2 HP, Grappling Duke. 

14 Billy Bob, bruised x2, dazed (till 13), staggered. 30' Away

13 Duke, raging [6 rnd], bruised, dazed, grappled / helpless

13 Swamp Horror, Bruised, Injured

7 Captain Hammer, 10' Away. 

ok!

Billy Bob will launch himself at the Monster - I am presuming you wont react to that, but if so, let me know and Ill edit. Being staggered, he will take his entire move to wade through the swamp to get to the everyone. 

So its a bit of a tough call for Duke, who will however decide to protect Vesper, which means trying to attack Rosa's brother. Ill post his mutterings IC, and that will mean you are up (on Initiative 13 now)