• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I decided to just adjust the DC you had to hit. Anyway, as before, olopi's eyes only.

Spoiler

The magic fueling the storm (the one, anyway) is emanating from the center. Or, as we all know it, the eye. Sha'ir is still a bit far to be anywhere near sure, but it looks like there's a person up there. That person is the source point for all the magic fueling the storm.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have to admit that this thread has me a bit overwhelmed; there's so much going on and so many bad things happening that I have no idea where I should have Casey and what she should do once she gets there. Is there a roll I can make (for instance, maybe Survival) to represent her quick assessment of the situation to help me determine where to send her?

Heri>Well, let's see here. Most urgent would be the street market. Buildings are on the edge of collapse, and that Notice check (with MG's special eyes) reveals people crammed into a significant portion of them. When you're done with that, the lone highway to the resort has vehicles on the edge of being washed away into the sea. Endeavour helped out with one, but MG's eyes can see a few more. A third priority is preventing the larger yachts in the harbor from being thrown in land, and of course, a few of them are inhabited by people who thought they could sail away fast enough. Now go. Be heroic.

Kolo>Absolutely. Don't underestimate just how much Quickness 10 ranks really is. If you'd like to check things out, see what I told Heri up above. Since this part is largely narrative, I'm not going to make you stick strictly to what you can mechanically do. I mean, if you try to do something both you and I know you can't do, I'll call you on it, but other than that. Go. Be heroic. Save some lives.

Sailor's eyes only!

Spoiler

The main resort building has technological devices sprouting from the rooftops and at evenly spaced points on the sides. They could be just satellite dishes and/or antennas. However, Endevour's technological expertise says that their actual purpose is manipulating atmospheric ions. Moving around heat and electric charges,. And the only reason to do that is to attempt to control the weather.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

One of the three energy types (one being electricity, as stated, the other being a mystery) bears a strong resemblance to the kind of energy someone with genetic superpowers puts out when using their powers. It's almost as if someone (with some kind of genetically given powers) is directly hooked into the system to power it.

Question EP: I assume Hyperactive would need either super senses or some kind of equipment to hear all the radio communications right? 

So he has no clue what anyone is saying over radio right? Now seems a little late to ask, but this seems like something that at this point would be fairly important to know.