• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh...I'd say your two would arrive a bit later than Queenie. I dunno what you know about storms at sea, but the height of the storm driven waves (despite them not threatening Hyperactive) just straight up adds more distance for him to cover than she would have. I'd calculate and be more precise, but 1. it's comics so who cares and 2. Queenie has steadily increasing winds to deal with as well. Think of it as racing her across the Himalayas and you've got the general idea.

Himalayas is probably too much. But you know, a smallish mountain range. Wind driven waves can be as large as ten story buildings, with equally deep valleys. These storms have probably made things worse. One wave isn't a big deal, but there's hundreds of them. Slow even the fastest of speedsters up a bit. Unless they phased through the water, I guess.

Well, if Saku was by herself I'd ask for some kind of checks as she's operating a Device to fly. But, with MG's natural flight and muscle power they'll be fine. They'll get slapped around, but unless they're skirting the sea (which is an incredibly foolish idea, as Saku ought to know) they'll make it. I mean, this is 150 MPH winds, here. Gusts ramp that higher. I could have everyone make power checks against Air Control 5 or so, but that doesn't sound like fun. If you want to, go right ahead and roll dice. But otherwise, just RP getting wind-slapped all over the sky and having to work for forward motion, and I'll be a happy GM.

To be honest, Endeavor if she was alone would just fly ABOVE the storms and head down the eye shaft to investigate each storm's behavior. But I'm not really sure what is actually going on and who is going where.

I'm gathering people are going to the storms not the island itself, right? Except for the one who teleported to the island...

In fact, is Cilan being hit by the storms now? Or is it still on the very edge where the winds are light still?

Edited by Sailor

Nope, going to the island. The storms are going there, the PCs are going there, the NPCs are already there. It's gonna be a busy place for a little while. Do some SAR, figure out what's going on (counting on Saku for that one, pretty much) go punch bad guys and save day.

Yeah I'd wager Sakurako would want to investigate the storms, but checking the island first for the source of the issues (if it is where the source is) would be the best first move. If not... things will get interesting.

What is the current conditions at Cilan? The two storms starting to have their effects felt?

By the time you arrive it'll be...bad. The storm surge will be at least a foot deep and rising by the second. Any ship not bolted to it's pier going with it. Buildings taking a beating. Trees down. Power ancient history. You know, bad storm stuff. Uh, if you know any hazards or complicating things, please feel free to tell me so I can make Endevour and everyone else's life as complicated as possible. :D

At this point it might not be "how many modifiers we're dealing with" and more "what is the worst that applies".

A typical landfall of two storms of this magnitude is pretty apocalyptic.

Primary Concerns:

• Storm Surge
  • High Winds
  • Free-Flying Debris
  • Vehicles being washed ashore
  • Still live wires sparking about (Although it seems that's off the table if there is no power on the island at all anymore)

Secondary Concerns:

• Lightning
  • Tornadoes and Waterspouts (definitely a possibility with two Cat 5 storms interacting)
  • Driving heavy rain (horizontal)
  • Landslides
  • Hail (Maybe)
  • Falling trees

The question at this point isn't how bad things are, but how bad you want to make it. Particularly as we're supposed to find out what's causing the storms, but if the storms move from the background to the foreground we've had a definite change of plans on the plot.

Edited by Sailor

The storms are in the foreground, and it should be pretty apocalyptic. Which adds to the motivation, once Our Heroes have figured out the problem, to go punch badmans. A quicker and easier solution than saving a few hundred people from the absolute worst nature's fury can dish out, and one more likely to end the problem now rather than pass it on to the next island. Or Cuba/Florida.

Had no idea how fast Endeavor's suit makes her; even if her edit goes through, Casey is still only half her friend's speed! Guess Saku will just have to carry her to the Caribbean :P

Edited by Heritage
14 hours ago, Heritage said:

Had no idea how fast Endeavor's suit makes her; even if her edit goes through, Casey is still only half her friend's speed! Guess Saku will just have to carry her to the Caribbean :P

I could slow it up too, Flight 8 is sorta... supersonic.