Bad Beat (OOC)

Supercape

Ok so you can, with that roll, accurately know who will clearly make it, who is at risk / injured but will probably make it, and those who are dying / dead. Ill leave it up to you and your palate to determine how many are in each category. 

And whilst that is technically an HP spent, we can waive it as John has just been brave and heroic and earns it right back. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok he sees the strangler jump Vanity, and, well strangle her. 

Feel free to narrate the details. You can get a mental image of the attacker -5'7", wiry strength, bald, a scar on his head. Enough to know he is indeed, as predicted, Goergy the strangler. 

If the strangler speaks it will be relatively brief like "Blowfish told ya not to leave", and in a Russian accent. 

Okay, crazy time. Going to do a drive check to make sure he can get ahead of his pursuers;

22 Not bad

Then he's going to make sure Jane has control of the car and dive out of the car to let their pursuers get ahead of them. Then, I'm going to use Extra Effort to boost his speed to speed 5 (using an HP for extra effort) and climbing on the back of their car to stop them. 

Cool, you can post all of that, for reference:

Tattered Man - 2 HP - Fatigued

GIven the nature of the scene, I am inclined to do away with initiative and just go in rotation between Tattered Man and the Russians?

Edited by Supercape

Ok so Vassily firing at John, which might miss - its technically total concealment but there is a pretty limited amount of places he can be so downgrading it to partial concealment: FIres at John, concealedish miss chance: 1d4 2 and he is broadly on target. 

John is probably flat footed hanging onto a car. Fires pistol at the Tattered Man: 1d20+5 22 in any case, that hits. 

Its a damage 4 effect, but as its firing through the roof of a car Ill rule that as halving the damage to 2, so a Toughness 17 save for John. 

What with that, and the slamming of cars together, can he make a Reflex DC 15 roll to cling on and not get thrown? If he does, lets give him another Toughness 20 save. 

In any case, very dramatic and heroic stuff, trying to save the dame, etc, so banging him up to (with burning HP to remove fatigue) HP 2

Edited by Supercape

Okay, toughness save; 17

Reflex save; 26

Could not have gone better

Okay, going to attempt to roll an acrobatics check to break into the vehicle's driver's side back seat window as per chat;

Vassily is unarmed, but the strangler is driving, so I think he'll pop Vassily first. Driving and shooting are tough to do at the same time

IF that his, it's a DC23 TOU save for the big guy.

Ok, so Georgy will ram Jane again - whilst this damages both cars no as yet mechanical effect (Ok, so we are handwaving the vehicle damage rules!)

Vassily will try to wrestle with the Tattered Man: Tries to Grapple the Tattered Man: 1d20+5 16 and hits (everyone flatfooted). opposed Grapple roll: 1d20+10 16 is his opposed grapple roll: can you throw me a grapple of your own?

John is up again, and at 2 HP

(Vassily, bruised, Georgy, unharmed)

Edited by Supercape

So this time Georgy is going to try putting Jane in a spin. 

DC 15 to put them both in a spin, DC 20 for just Jane (as Jane has effectively no driving skill)

Drive into Jane: 1d20+7 25. Jane goes tumbling into the side. With that magnificent roll, I will say Georgy also slides to an elegant stop; enough to make The Tattered Man make a DC 10 Reflex save or go flying though the windshield onto the road...