• 3 weeks later...

I've thought about this quite a bit, and the answer won't stop being "Whatever she can get without making them suspicious". I know, that's not helpful, but it's almost all I've got. I mean, actual cause of death. Who was his last visitor. Was there anyone else in the house. The kind of things the detective should already be finding out. But since she's currently in civilian mode, can't really ask that much without focusing suspicion on herself. You know what I mean? So, like I said, whatever she can get.

You already know that Arthur cleared his schedule to meet with Sam. He wanted to meet with her despite being able to meet with other people, he had something weird happening with his blood, and the police are treating his corpse like it's infectious. If she doesn't want to learn something specific I'm going to move us to the next scene.

Every room seems to have a different theme, but each one is a collection of priceless natural and cultural artifacts. One has displays of different swords from all over the world, another has various geological samples; raw diamonds embedded in the rock matrix, a geode bigger than your fist, and a sample of fulgurite taller than you are.

Going off the notes, those crystals are weird. The sketches show that their structure is very close to that of a diamond, suggesting that these gems formed under intense heat and pressure. What's more, the latticework goes in regular, consistent patterns, but there's also notes about how it bends at odd places and then continues in straight lines again. It doesn't make any sense to Miracle Girl, but to Terrifica it almost sounds like something somehow put a crease in the atomic structure of these crystals. Terrifica also notes that the dimensions for the different crystals are also consistent to within a single millimeter, but the surfaces are abraded like they've been weathered or even picked out of the ground in that shape.

With those Search scores, both heroes find numerous tiny pin-prick holes in the green leather covering the working area of the desk, which move to the edge and then transition into tiny, thin scratches all along the side of the desk. With her Microscopic Vision, Miracle Girl can pick out individual threads of the carpet that have been sliced apart, almost like something with razor-sharp feet walked through the carpet and out of the room.

Edited by Raveled