Let's Talk Heroics

AKA EP is super bored, wants to make posts for things.

We could...stop a bank robbery.

Stave off a gang war.

Fight dinosaurs a hundred miles under the earth.

Rescue people from a burning building.

Mad Scientist Punching!

Sound could go away/people start going deaf for no reason (Waverider specific)

Look, basically EP wants to thread just a liiiiiitle bit more. Help?

All right, let's do this. Alternate universe time. Evil Terrifica-verse nearest our own. A technological paradise where even death is nearly conquered. However, it has no superheroes, and a situation has come up where the Empress needs a few. So she's gonna kidnap whoever signs up, plus Terrifica herself.

So who's in for this? As a side note, this society is stagnant. Nobody invents things, the Empress does that. Nobody figures out how fix a broken thing, the Empress has already done that for them. It's a world where no one has to think, because the Empress has done all the thinking they'll ever need for them. Anyone who has a problem with that or rebels against is just casually outmaneuvered and defeated. As many times as it takes for them to give up or try something drastic that gets them killed. The Empress doesn't particularly care which.

Oh, is this based on your Glass, Darkly Version of Terrifca? Because I have to say, I was just rereading that the other day, and I was thinking, "I'd like to see Grimalkin take a crack at that bitch." :P

Lynn helped fight for the liberation of Mars as part of her offworld backstory, using her skills for subterfuge and recon, as well as occasionally her terrifying flurry of claws. This sounds like a fight she could really get into, because Chaotic Good always likes to take a swing at Lawful Evil!

Conversely, seeing Miracle Girl face down an evil version of her mentor could be cool as well.

9 minutes ago, Droideka said:

Gonna sign Gallant up. The words 'heroes' and 'needed' are all the incentive required. He's a very simple spirit font.

For a second, I was like, "He's a font? Like one of those fancy Celtic ones, or...oohhhh!" :D

Edited by Heritage
1 hour ago, Heritage said:

Lynn helped fight for the liberation of Mars as part of her offworld backstory, using her skills for subterfuge and recon, as well as occasionally her terrifying flurry of claws.

...Ok, sorry to interrupt, but what?!  The more snippets I hear about Grimalkin's past, the more insane it sounds.  She went to space?  Do you have links so I can read this stuff? 

Ha ha, not really! I came up a lot of backstory as part of her time away from Freedom (aka my three year absence from the site), and occasionally I'll drop a reference to something she did for fun.

Time moved differently there, so she had 80+ years of adventure in a Solar System modeled after the Western/future posed in Firefly created by former site member Quotemyname as part of *his* PCs backstory, who was married to Grim.

If you're interested, I can PM you links to a few threads where she discusses it?

Edited by Heritage

I could drop either Blue Jay or Chrome in here. Chrome needs some tech horror to go along with his love of his own body, and Empress Terrifica trying to poke at his nanites and get him on an exam table would be a cool/weird/properly uncomfortable contrast to his own lack of body shame. Blue Jay would be fun because obviously she'd hate being in the middle of a techno-centric paradise, and she hates being outmaneuvered so she'd loath Empress Terrifica.

2 hours ago, Raveled said:

I could drop either Blue Jay or Chrome in here. Chrome needs some tech horror to go along with his love of his own body, and Empress Terrifica trying to poke at his nanites and get him on an exam table would be a cool/weird/properly uncomfortable contrast to his own lack of body shame. Blue Jay would be fun because obviously she'd hate being in the middle of a techno-centric paradise, and she hates being outmaneuvered so she'd loath Empress Terrifica.

Whichever you like, Rav. No preconditions here.

That is what who I thought you were asking about. To be honest, I'm not worried about his PL (took Grim, didn't I?) so much as his Diplomancy (and to a lesser extent, the rest of his social dominance). Talking it out is all well and good, but it doesn't work on everyone, regardless of what the dice say. I don't want that to be an issue. Now, if you don't mind that some folks are gonna need convincing with punches instead of words, Gabe can tag along just fine.

14 hours ago, EternalPhoenix said:

That is what who I thought you were asking about. To be honest, I'm not worried about his PL (took Grim, didn't I?) so much as his Diplomancy (and to a lesser extent, the rest of his social dominance). Talking it out is all well and good, but it doesn't work on everyone, regardless of what the dice say. I don't want that to be an issue. Now, if you don't mind that some folks are gonna need convincing with punches instead of words, Gabe can tag along just fine.

Yeah, I'm cool with needing for some punching.