Brain Freeze!- IC

Kolohehonu

GM

March 2nd, 2017 

7:30 PM

Claremont Academy

Claremont Academy was not like your normal high school. It had living places for students. It had teachers with super powers. If you were late to class because you were fighting crime, some teachers gave you a pass. And yet, in some ways it was your normal high school experience. There were tests and homework. There was isolation in the cafeterias. There were bullies. Three of which were ganging up on a young man who they had already thrown to the ground. His books had been scattered across the field and they were taking turns beating on him.

"Ok enough already." Another student said. She took a sip on a frappuccino as she glanced at her watch. "I don't know what's up here, but just leave him alone."

"Or what?" one of the bullies asked.

"12 Hz." The girl said before raising her hand. The hand and air blurred, as she sent a vibration wave straight at the three bullies who didn't grab their ears, but their eyes. "Scram before I up the volume. Don't be messing with any of Kas Masters friends." Without being told twice the three bullies dispersed. Kas walked up and helped the guy up. "You ok John? Geez those guys roughed you up good. You could probably swing back at least a little." She held up her hands and sipped the frappuccino again. "I definitely won't blame you if you don't want to do the tutoring later."

John smiled and got up, assisted by Kas.  He looked a bit bruised, but none the worse for wear.  "If I fight back, first off it paints a bigger target, second, it's not exactly like I'm trained enough in this body to fight back against powered people.  You should know as well as most of my friends I like to wait till night to fight."  He picks up his backpack, and dusts himself off a bit.  He goes around starting to gather up his books.

"As for tutoring well... I need to get back to heroing.  To do that, I need to start passing math.  No passing on tutoring for me for now I'm afraid."  He looks frustrated saying that, but quickly dispells the emotion from his face.  

"So, shall we?  Out of curiousity, how's the frap?"

GM

"The frap is pretty good. Maybe we can go get some together tomorrrow?" Kas smiles. She starts turning and walking back towards the dorms. "Well, if you want combat training for the daytime, my big brother can probably help with that too." As she's walking away she tosses a glance back. "I did remember to tell you he was doing the tutoring right? Don't worry when he hassles you, he tends to be nice to the guys I'm interested in."

Before John could respond there was a blur of motion and a young man in a long black coat and jeans was in front of him. He tipped his fedora and looked over John. He looked back over his shoulder at Kas. 

"Hi big brother. I still don't understand how you keep your clothes from lighting on fire." Kas grins, then sees something while looking at her brother. She gives a look at John. "Never mind John, don't ask about martial arts training. See you tomorrow John!" Kas says before picking up her pace towards the dorms.

PC

"Don't kill him." Emily said from the couch as Tyson put on his coat. He was off to tutor his sister's new friend. "Give him a chance."

"Wasn't planning on it." Tyson replied before putting on his hat. He slung the bag with his gear over his shoulder. Then he opened up the door and was off running. In a flash of movement he was at Claremont. He stepped straight between the two students, facing over towards John. He gave a glance back over his shoulder and eyed Kas. Yeah she was into him. Hyperactive looked over at John. 

"John right? I'm Tyson Masters." He said extending his hand as Kas jogged away from the situation. 

"See ya!  And let's totally do frappucinos tomorrow!" John calls back out to her.  He sighs before finally picking up the last of his books and going over to Tyson.

"Hey Tyson, so you ready to go?  We can go to my dorm or possibly a spare classroom and work on math together.  Don't mind the bruises."  John reaches out and shakes his hand, a smile on his face.  

"We probably want to go before it gets too dark out.  I'm sure you like seeing where you're going as much as the next guy." He gestures to indicate he is letting you lead.

PC

The two young men walk over towards the dormitories. 

"Man I wish I had gotten to go here. Tons of other people with powers?" Tyson said as John let them into the dorm. "Though to be fair most of my bullies were super powered. Never got roughed up as bad as you though." 

Tyson holds his bag in the air and then let's go, but instead of falling it stays aloft. He starts to take a calculator and pencils out. 

"Well let's get started shall we?" 

"Well, everyone here is superpowered, even those bullies Kas helped me out of.  Doesn't help I'm as vulnerable as any other man like this.  But yeah, let's get started."  John pulls out his books and a pencil out, grabs some sheets of paper and a calculator and sits down, patting his bed to indicate he could sit there if he'd like.  

"Only good news, got this one to myself for now.  Apparently nobody really wanted to be with the kid who seems to have no powers or martial practice.  Not in this school anyway.  Gives them a bad image or something, who hangs with a normie.  Ah well, bullies are in every school so it's just part of the territory." John then looks down to his paper, and then back up at Tyson.

"So, what are we gonna start with?  Homework or just basic lessons?"

PC

"Huh well, if you want to get more martial practice I've trained with some of the best." Tyson grins before throwing a few kicks into the air as a demo. "Well I say we start with those lessons. Start with the basics and build up from there." Tyson says as they started to look over the mathematics. The two young men spent about an hour working over the math. 

"Let's take a break." Tyson says stretching his whole body out. "Well elephant in the room. My sister. What's-" a loud beep cuts off  Tyson. He pulls out his phone and looks at the screen. "Darn, the Cryokinetic I've been after all week is hitting... a jewelry store? Weird." Tyson says. "Well you want to follow along, stretch your legs? This interruption will be over quicker if we do this together."

"Hell yeah, let's do it.  Hate math, makes me wanna knock some heads together.  1+1 heads equal unconscious guys anyway.  All the math I should need." He gives a small grin.  

"Let's head outside, guess you'll get to see what my power is.  Only really works at night."  John grabs the door and gestures to lead the way.

"I dunno where or which store."

PC

"I can get us both there faster than you can." Tyson says grinning. In a flash of motion Tyson put on his costume. He checks the gloves and gave a slight grin. "I would say hold on, but that would be counter productive." Hyperactive reaches up and locks the bottom half of the face shield in place. Hyperactive runs around John a few times and, in a flash of motion, John found his feet lifting off the ground. Then the world blurred, he was going fast, but he also felt fairly still. Ahead of him the black and green speedster ran forward as John rode the whirlwind behind him. 

Then, as suddenly as it began, John's feet land on the ground. The ride had stopped in an alleyway. The sounds of glass smashing and the flashing lights off police cruisers danced in the alley. "Hyperactive, by the way." Tyson says as he opens up the bottom of the face shield. "Let's see what you can do."

"Ok, may wanna stand back a bit," and with that, John lurches over almost as if in pain.  From his back sprouts gigantic wings, stone gray and draconic in look.  Slowly, his skin turns grey, and his clothes completely shred apart from his body expanding very suddenly, complete muscle expanding his form outwards.  His face becomes squared, with tiny horns sprouting across his head.  His hair appears to die, turning to gray until eventually going back to black.  As his transformation completes, you see his eyes turn from blue to a stone grey color, and give a small flash.  He lifts his wings and arms up and gives an enormous bestial ROAR.

John lurches back down, now looking down at Hyperactive, his face seemingly menacing, but his stance indicates he is not trying to be.  "Names should be traded definitely.  I am Gargoyle.  And the enemy should fear me more than my roar." The voice you suddenly hear is very deep, and very gravely.  It sounds similar to how water running over rocks sounds.  His stance is suddenly less nervous and very proud and confident.  This looks like a man who might as well feel invincible.

PC

"Alrighty then Gargoyle, I see why my sister has been eyeing you." Hyperactive says tilting his head back. I wonder if his size is proportional to when he's in his human form. A question for a different time definitely. "Let's see if we can't put down this freezer together." Hyperactive says darting around the corner. 

The sight that greets the young heroes are two frosted police cruisers. One officer is frozen solid calling into the radio. The front of the jewelry store is blown out, glass and ice scattered across the sidewalk and street. Another police officer stands encased in ice and snow just inside the building. Inside the store is a woman in her twenties looking over various diamonds and putting some in her bag.

"Alright, we have you outnumbered put down the diamonds and we can spare you a solid beating." Hyperactive says as he pulls a coin from his belt and flips it over and over. 

GM

"Good Cop, Bad Cop is it?" The woman says slinging the bag over her shoulder. "Well you can see what happened to the last two who tried that routine out on me. Now run along before I make icicles of you both." She says holding up her hand as a ball of ice forms in it."

"Wrong move, you should have run." Hyperactive declares sending the coin sky high before charging the woman. His legs lash out in a series of powerful kicks at her. Roundhouse kick at the head, followed swiftly by a hook kick and a sweep at the ankles. The first two glance off just inches away from her face as though striking an unseen barrier, but she leaps over the sweep. Hyperactive then rushes behind her to take up a flanking position for Gargoyle to strike from. 

Gargoyle rushes forward, with surprising speed for something so massive, using his wings to augment his speed.  As he charges forward, he slams his fist into her head.  There is a boom, and she is sent sideways, somehow managing to stay on her feet.  Gargoyle just looks at Hyper, "Hm, she looks a bit dazed from that one.  Gonna be honest, was aiming for a one hit KO.  Now's our chance to finish her off though." he growls out before going back into a combat stance.  His wings flare out and his tail slams the ground, slightly agitated, and yet excited.

PC

That kid hit hard. Hyperactive was slowly building the case of why Kas thought he was cute. Hyperactive watched as that blow connected and the woman went flying into the wall. It looked almost like a thin layer of ice had shattered before she raised her hands reforming it over herself. She raised both hands to her head as though to focus the energy around her. She looks very badly beaten. Her eyes dart side to side to find a way to escape. 

Ok Hyperactive, round two then. Hyperactive cracks his knuckles as he steps up to the stunned woman. He lashes out with another flurry of kicks. Hyperactive leaps into the air raining them down on the icy villain. His blows seemed to connect, but she shimmered with an icy aura. "I don't think I'm hitting hard enough to punch through that barrier of hers. Might have softened it up for you though." 

GM

Hyperactive aimed his hands at the woman and spun them. The air becomes a twister that he launches at the dazed psychic. She raises her hands and the air sweeps and howls around her. He jerks both arms over but her eyes glow a brilliant blue. There's a pulse of energy and ice as the tornado dissipates. She grins at her success at breaking the hold on her. Hyperactive stumbles back before running over to the falling coin and sends it high again as the woman rises up off her knees.

"I am not being paid enough for this!" She shouts before leaping into the air. She rockets away from both heroes and out over the two police cruisers. Her body leaves a trail of ice as she desperately tries to elude capture by the two young heroes. "Definitely not being paid enough!" She shouts back as she starts to ascend.

Gargoyle roars at his quarry getting away and his wings flare as he launches himself through the air.  He appears to do less flapping and more one extremely powerful flap and then making himself a missile in shape to increase his speed.  As he approaches, he turns his body around, wings extending full to catch all the air they could and he smacks her with the tail... and the tail wraps around her midsection.  He hovers in the air, bringing her close to her just growling before punching her in the face, sadly not taking into account the shorter distance his fist has and not doing quite enough of a punch.

GM

The now caught woman flickers again like before, but this time the effect lingers. 

"Put me down or I will make you regret it!" She screams up as Gargoyle's tail clenches around her. It's pretty clear that her powers have been broken as she lost focus. 

"Alright now I can end this." Hyperactive says before sprinting out of the shop, up a building and leaping off. With a twist in the air he turns and flips. His leg comes down in a powerful hammer kick right into her face. 

Hyperactive flips and then rolls into the ground before leaping to his feet. 

"And this is why I didn't just hit her out cold whilst she was in the air." Gargoyle says as he keeps his hold and floats down to the ground, holding her in front of him still.  He lands and there is an audible whoomph as his wings flap one more time, then fold back behind him.  

"So what's the story, why have you been after this one for a week?  Doesn't seem too special, just a cryomancer." He lays down the cryomancer and looks to Hyperactive.  He takes a look towards the police and turns back.

"We should probably also take care of these police men and make sure they get proper treatment... surely metal frozen to their hands is not comfortable."

PC

"Gimme a sec." Hyperactive says before taking both cops to the hospital and leaving a note on the counter of the local precinct. He speeds past and grabs the bag of jewels.

"Well the first time, the dispatch didn't get to me until it was over. The second time she got the drop on me and froze me. The cold messes with my kinetic powers. The third time she teleported via an Archetech rig. This time, we got her." He slaps the cuffs on her. Then he starts going through the bag.

"Weird. She got a ton of tech and then an exotic energy source, and now sapphires and emeralds I think. Will admit I'm not a geology buff." 

"Hmm... I'm not much of a geology nut myself.  Turn into rock, don't know much about it.  Maybe we should keep her somewhere where her power can't help her and try to find out why she has needed all this stuff.  Track this to the top, start from the bottom." Gargoyle shrugs.

"I dunno, if you wanna do that, we can probably do something for it, you don't that's fine too.  We probably need to study more or fight crime more anyway."

PC

"Yeah we'll pass her off to the police. After I frisk her." Hyperactive says before he does a super swift pat down of the woman. He holds up a cell phone.  

"Well yeah we can pass her off to the police and I'll see what can be done with this. I think I can get someone to see where she's been. Might give a clue as far as what she's been up to. But yeah we still have studying to do." 

The cops arrive and the two young men hand her off to the cops. Hyperactive then takes both of them back to Claremont. 

PC

March 3rd 2017

8 pm 

Claremont

It wasn't too difficult to figure out what was on the phone. It had taken a few minutes with super speed, but in the end the phone had yielded it's secrets. Which consisted of a lead. Gargoyle had been right, there was someone the supplies were going to. The phone had pinged in Central Oklahoma right after each of the three robberies. Hyperactive had sent a message around five to Gargoyle. He would be narrowing down the location and ready to pick him up in about two hours. Part of that had been a desire to have the young man help him out on this. Part of it was that he deserved to help bring down this villain.

Part of it was to mess up his sister's date. It wasn't Gargoyle, it was definitely the thought of his sister dating he did not like. 

When 8PM rolled around Hyperactive was already waiting for Gargoyle. 

"How was your date with my sister?" Hyperactive says. 

Edited by Kolohehonu