Hyperactive

Kolohehonu

Hell Q

Introduction

Spoiler

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I'm Hyperactive, the Windy City Warrior and Kinetic Speedster. 

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

They called me the Hyperactive Hero back in Chicago, and I'm called the Waco Streak down in Waco. Oh and the Windy City Warrior... and Stupid Fast.

What is your full birth name?

Tyson Ikaika Masters

Where do you live?

I live in Freedom City, in an apartment on the south side. 

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 

I'm twenty and I was born in 1997. 

Physical Traits

Spoiler

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I'm male. 

How would you describe your heritage?

My dad is black and my mom is Hawaiian. I will say though, growing up with two heroes as parents that was more my heritage. 

How tall are you?

I'm five foot and ten inches.

What is your body type?

I am thin as a rail. 

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Yeah, it's actually really baffling to me, but vibrations at a frequency of 14.247 gigahertz disrupt my powers and totally drains me. Also I'm pretty sure if I don't dissipate the kinetic energy I pull from the world around me, I'd die. I also can't pull energy as effectively in the cold. 

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 

I'm pretty confident in costume, but outside of it I'm not always the most confident. I'm fairly quick on my feet, but I'm pretty loud moving around.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 

I have brown skin, like coffee with plenty of cream. My hair is black. My eyes are brown, but they glow green if I run faster than a thousand miles per hour. 

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I prefer to wear a hat, and keep my hair short to keep it under the helmet. If I have facial hair, it means I have been very busy. 

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

No, I don't think I'm that attractive. Some people have said otherwise, including my girlfriend which is nice.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

No I do not. 

Do you resemble anyone famous?

My Father, Mr. October, but between our masks and the low level of fame, it isn't usually an issue. That and we were expected to look alike. 

Do you have a dominant hand?

I'm a righty. 

What kind of clothing do you wear?

I like to stay warm, and a coat with plenty of pockets is almost always what I'm wearing. I like jeans and cowboy boot. I also usually wear a fedora, just a touch of style. 

Do you wear makeup?

Only to hide bruises from work. 

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

It's deep, but I can also mess with my voice to some extent by speeding up my speech. 

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 

I fidget. That might not sound bad, until you remember that I'm a speedster. My fidgeting goes supersonic. Sometimes people do notice me doing things like that, but usually I can get it in check. Yeah these habits annoy most people, especially my colleagues. 

History

Spoiler

Where do you come from?

I'm from Chicago, Illinois. 

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I just moved to Freedom City at the end of December of 2016. 

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I'm patriotic, I keep my eye on politics. I think that we've done pretty well with how we manage Supers, which is what I'm most concerned with. 

How do you feel about the place you come from? 

I love Chicago. It has problems, just like any other city, but it's still a place I call home. 

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Chicago is a big city, less heroes and villains than Freedom or Bedlam though. It's messy and organized crime is an issue, but I think since quite a few kids from the rougher parts grow up to be heroes, there's hope for the Windy City. 

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 

No, I was a minority. Racially I grew up with mostly white kids. A few people had powers, but I always felt the odd one out. Just because I was super-fast didn't mean my reaction times always matched. 

I actually grew up liking the "normal" kids better. A lot of kids with powers tend to see themselves as above it, at least where I came from. I also learned that those kids can be fragile, and I think that's why nearly all my friends have powers.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 

I've always been fast. Growing up though, I wasn't always coordinated. It wasn't until about high school that I truly became athletic. So I get fairly embarrassed when I screw up something that should have been simple. 

I'm also not a natural fighter. I lost more fights than I'd like to admit growing up. 

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

No there wasn't. 

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

There was the first time I found out I could pull the kinetic energy from someone. I was in middle school and I swung back at a kid, I wanted him to stop. He did. I left him stopped for a month. It was not a good experience. I learned that without control I'm very dangerous. 

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I got into a lot of fights. I lost most of them. 

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I went to school in Chicago, at a fancier private school. I'm still in school. I'm studying politics at Baylor in Waco. Sic' em! 

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

My Summer Son II outfit. I hate the thing, but it's a tie to my family and my past. It's a reminder to me to be my own man. 

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I don't know when I decided to be a hero. I don't think I did. My parents decided I would be a hero when my powers developed. Which was like three years old. For generations, we've protected people. None of my mother's family had a choice. I was no different. I decided to become my own hero about a year ago. 

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Yeah, I pretend that it was my idea. To be fair, becoming Hyperactive was my idea. I do believe that we with power must protect those who do not. 

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

No. I do not. At least not that I know of. 

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Hyperactive is who I aspire to be out of costume. He's brave, funny (at least I think so) and doesn't care what others think. Well ok, he does, but not as much as I think. 

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 

I don't know, I try to stay above that. 

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

No, no criminal record.

Family

Spoiler

What are your biological parents' names? 

My parents are Frederick and Jennifer Masters. Also known as Mr. October and Sunset Speedster.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes, I was raised by my folks. We had other "Babysitters" who also raised and taught me. 

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

They are heroes. They're beloved by the city. They have corporate support so they made money that way too. 

Where are your parents now?

They're still keeping Chicago safe. 

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We lived in Chicago.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Well, until college we got on phenomenally. I was a good sidekick. When I started doing my own thing, well let's just say that made things strained. Especially mom, she doesn't like how far away back up is. 

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 

Mom thinks I'm being rebellious, but dad is proud. I think they're both proud, Mom just wants me to have back up. 

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I have a younger sister, Kas. She's a student at Claremont. She looks up to me. I push the envelope on a lot of things, and she benefits. 

What was your birth order in the family?

I'm the oldest and then Kas is four years younger. 

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Kas is a student at Claremont.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Oh Kas and I talk, I'm also her way of getting to and from Chicago usually. 

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No, I love all of them. 

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Well, my mom trained me. I grew up learning all sorts of speedster tricks from her. Also, my grandfather was a bit of a rival, since he was the original Summer Son. I grew up in his shadow. His legacy was my inheritance. I didn't want it in the end. 

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I suppose Mom sort of was a black sheep. She left Hawaii and went all the way to Chicago. 

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Have you heard of the demigod Maui? Yeah I may or may not be a descendant. I'm definitely descended from a chief who the Hawaiian gods blessed with power. It always hung over my head that they might ask for my service. I don't know how much I believe the demigod bit, but almost everyone on my mother's side is empowered. 

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I have a girlfriend, her name is Emily Masters. On an alternate earth, "we" fell in love and got married. Then the Terminus attacked, she fought in the war against them. But that world fell, she escaped but the me of that world didn't. 

Her story seems true. She knows me better than I even know myself sometimes. She's also kind and strong and a good housemate. I'm in love with her. I'll be devastated if this isn't real. 

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I want children. I'm fairly firm. If I knew I couldn't hand down my powers or my spouse's I'd reconsider. I want my kids to be able to protect themselves. 

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone who's kind and can put up with my mind always bouncing around. Someone who is smart but still people smart. Someone who loves God and children. 

Relationships

Spoiler

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Well there's Druid. He's a Druid in Waco. He's my best friend, fellow Waco Warrior (the Wild Warrior), and almost a brother to me. We became good friends founding the Waco Warriors together. We've fought numerous battles alongside one another.

Emily and I are close. Comes with dating her. 

The rest of the Waco Warriors are good friends, we've all fought with, for, and against each other. But we have one another's backs. 

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Druid! We're together a ton. He's the informal leader of the Warriors and I'm effectively his right hand man. 

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My parents and Druid. I think the rest of the Warriors would assume I was fine. 

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I've fallen out of love. I get fairly angsty and tend to run around the world. 

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Two that I can think of. The first is Gingerbread Man. He's a gangster and he's always plotting and putting me in situations where if I stop him innocents die. He always looks like he loses but I'm fairly certain he's winning. Gingerbread Man was my first nemesis. He was the first person to really respect me as a foe. 

Then there's Aokuewa Ku'mana aka the Red Sunrise. He's a superhuman who is Milu's lover and champion. His family and my family have been at war for millennia (or so legend goes) fighting on behalf of the gods. We met a few months ago, back while I was still Summer Son. It took all the Warriors to stop him. We banished him back to the underworld only for him to return again. 

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Red Sunrise is a more immediate danger. He'd come straight to kill me. His goal though is to cause plenty of death and destruction. Luckily he wants my friends and I dead and humiliated. So he'll try and kill me in a public manner but with enough time to get help. 

Gingerbread Man on the other hand is always plotting. I think when he decides to destroy me it will be by simply giving me a challenge I can't beat and show that he was playing me all the time. 

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I'd say the way the press slammed me. They cut me out as being immature and kept me from ever being taken seriously in my hometown. 

People have tried to kill me. 

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Family first, then to the Waco Warriors. I'd say the people I protect after that. 

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I'd say I trust my family and friends. They've had my back as long as I've known them. 

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I despise those who make others into monsters. 

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

I admire toughness, hope, and humility. I think I have humility and I think I inspire hope. 

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

I hate arrogance. I hate it when people crush others to get their way. I can be arrogant at times. I'm also very cocky. 

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 

I do. I don't hide it from those close to me. I think it is a mark of respect, and it invites them to share burdens. Being a hero is lonely enough. 

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I love being on a team. I can do both, and I'm an apt leader. I don't ever like to take leadership, I prefer to be given it. 

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I am a founding member of the Waco Warriors, that's why I'm also known as the Windy City Warrior. I trust them with my life. To be fair though, I do not always get along well with them. The core sees the world very differently than most people and each other. Sometimes that means we butt heads over priorities. 

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I'm a founding member of the Waco Warriors, and when we aren't stopping villains we are kind of a frat. 

I also go to church on Sundays. Little Baptist place in Waco. I help clean up and do some stuff like that. 

Personality & Beliefs

Spoiler

Who are your heroes?

My parents, they do what's right I matter what. That and they had a good marriage and good kids. Bonfire too actually, he made it big and well he's an inspiration. 

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

My grandfather, in a way I stopped seeing him as an amazing hero and started to see him as an unattainable standard. 

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes, I love being a hero. I think the most rewarding part is seeing the hope in children's eyes. That's why I do it. Fame is a means to an end for me. 

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I guess if I fell in love with a really convincing villain. I'd still never kill, but they could probably convince me to be a thief. That seems unlikely though, I'm not into villains. 

More likely if my children had no powers. I'd probably step down so that I wouldn't put them in danger that they couldn't defend themselves from. 

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I want to be a part of a Freedom City Super Team. 

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I'd like to be mentoring and training my children as heroes. I'd like to be a bureaucrat making the world a little safer and better. 

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

That I am not good or fast enough. My speed is sometimes the only way I feel I do good for this world. When I'm faced with it, I run faster. 

Is there anything you would give your life for? 

Yes, I'd gladly lay down my life to make the world safer or to save my friends and family.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Being a hero can be expensive. I think wealth makes me more effective, it can shorten recovery time and give me an edge on enemies. I tend to share wealth, it's another way for me to help. 

How do you generally treat others?

I try to treat others well, but I don't have the most patience. So sometimes I get frustrated when someone takes too long. 

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes, I'm a trusting person. No, it has not been abused. 

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I'm self-confident and extroverted in costume. Tyson tends to be more bookish and introverted. 

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 

I'm a clumsy flirt. I show off, I trip over words and I mumble. But that's only when I'm available and I'm really interested. 

What are your most annoying habits?

I never sit still, I'm always moving or fidgeting. I also tend to leave objects suspended in midair, by draining them of their kinetic energy. It means my messes are three dimensional. 

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

I suppose I feel a kind of contempt for those without powers. It's a kind of paternal view that they aren't able to defend themselves or are weak. It's not true, I know it, but sometimes I operate under that belief. 

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I love the food of Hawaii. The mixes of flavors are my favorite. I tend to eat fast. I enjoy it, but I'm still eating tons of food very fast. 

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Dr. Pepper. 

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

I'm partial to ice cream, preferably strawberry. 

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Anything that's still looking at me. 

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like colors that you'd think of on a sports car. I like reds, yellows, and greens. 

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I like intelligent rap. I like country. I can't stand EDM and Dubstep, cause it's just noise and no lyrics. 

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

I don't think I have a favorite scent, but I'm sure things that make me think of Emily. 

Do you have a favorite animal?

Turtles, they are a symbol of peace and patience. 

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

Letters from my family and friends for the first time I put on the Summer Son II outfit. They remind me that no matter what I do, I am loved. 

A close second is a custom built type writer. computers usually can't keep up with me, and this thing is one of the few ways for me to record my thoughts. 

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I love my creature comforts. 

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Protecting someone from justice. 

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Yes, I am. I think my faith encouraged me to be a hero. It also keeps me grounded, keeps me from thinking I'm a god. 

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My parents. 

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 

I worship at a little church in Waco. I try to go every week. Short of emergencies I am there. I agree with pretty much all of it. 

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Depends on your definition of kill. I have sent someone to hell, but since they were coming back I'm not sure if that counts. 

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I don't get to decide someone is irredeemable. 

In the case of Red Sunrise, we couldn't hold or stop him. We only had one option. We also kne he was magic, we killed the body, but his soul was... unharmed... by us. 

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

War. Or when someone is suffering and cannot be saved, though with science and magic, I'm suspect of that. 

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 

I'd be upset, especially if I wasn't fast enough to save the person. I assume my friend would have a very good reason. My enemies would be trying to make me mad, and it would probably work. I doubt they'd like the result though. 

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I'd find what was stolen. I wouldn't rest. 

How would you react to public humiliation?

Tyson would kind of take it, Hyperactive would be horrified. I don't like it. I tend to run. I try to fix it. 

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Accidents happen, it's an occupational hazard in the line of work for my people. I'd be upset, I'd mourn, and I'd get faster. 

Purposely targeting my friends and family is asking for a beat down. I'd take it very personally and I'd use all my power to destroy the killer. It would be one of the times my creed to not kill would be a bad thing for someone. 

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

The worst crimes are those that destroy a person and lead them on the road to evil. 

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Tell everyone I love that I love them. Eat a great meal with Emily. See a Sunset. Save a life. Hand off my legacy, I hope. 

Career & Training

Spoiler

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I've been training since I was five. Mom taught me just about all I know. I also learned Tae Kwon Do I learned most of the basics at a local dojang.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

My mother, being a speedster herself taught me all her tricks. She was my best and favorite teacher. But she was also hard and demanding. She knows I can always be better and pushes me. 

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I'm a good negotiator and thoughtful leader. It comes from my ability to slow time down and think through tons of options. 

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I'm a student at Baylor. I hope to work for the government someday. 

What is your preferred combat style?

I specialize in Tae Kwon Do. Combined with Super Speed? It lets me pull off more complex and showy moves. I also use it for my signature thousand mile flying kick. 

Have you ever received any awards or honors?

I've been recognized by the city of Waco as a first class hero. That's about it. 

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I'd like to get better at reading people. I wish I could travel through space. 

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I try to learn. 

Lifestyle & Hobbies

Spoiler

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Wake up early, breakfast, school, lunch, hero work, dinner, shower, hang out, bed. I don't get too frustrated when it's disrupted, but if it's consistent it gets aggravating. 

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I'm studying a bit of magic. So far nothing practical, but it's interesting. It's also a way to learn about my root. Emily does magic so it's been a bonding thing. 

What do you do for fun?

I read. I love fantasy and science fiction books. I'll also watch movies of the same genres.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

My costume is an all black suit with a green stripe down the front and back. My "racing stripes." The letter H is in Silver on the stripe on the front. The helmet is all silver with a green face shield that can either cover my whole face, or just the top from the nose up. The helmet has a black stripe that extends from the forehead down the back. It all locks into one seamless piece.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I wear a short brimmed fedora. I also usually have on a long duster coat with extra pockets. Then a t-shirt, jeans, and cowboy boots. 

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Pajamas. 

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No, I don't yet. 

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

No, I'm fairly disorganized anyways. 

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Running. 

Miscellaneous

Spoiler

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 

No, I trust my family to handle that. 

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

My "Kinetic Signature" due to my atoms vibrating on the same frequency. This should still occur after my death. 

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

For being an inspiration. 

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, not after my years of training and experience. 

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My ability to come up with a plan quickly. 

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My hotheadedness and cockiness. 

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Hey, you are you. No one can ever change that. Now get out there and help people.

Origin Story

January 6th, 2017

Freedom City, New Jersey

Emily laid out the dinner on the kitchen table as Tyson finally dropped into a seat across from her. It had been a hard day, mostly spent fighting super powered morons in Waco. His helmet rested on the table beside him as Hyperactive finally ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hyperactive." Emily giggled sipping a drink. Her blue eyes looked her lover over. Tyson had only taken off his helmet, and had opted to eat in costume. It didn’t really matter how fast he was, running home from China with dinner made him tired. "Fitting." She smiled mischievously.

"What?" 

"You never became Hyperactive on my world. You were always the Summer Son." She said scooping rice and orange chicken onto a plate. 

"Hard to believe." Tyson shook his head. "I could barely stand the costume from the moment I put it on." 

"I thought you looked cute in red and orange. So I convinced you to keep it." She says and winks. "The black skin tight suit is sexy though." She added as Tyson rolled his eyes. "So what happened here that made you become Hyperactive?"

"Chicago." Tyson groaned and was at the bookshelf across the room and back with a newspaper faster than Emily could even blink. On the front a young man in red and orange punched a human sized cockroach. The headline read: Hyperactive Hero Hurts Neighborhood. Tyson ate his dinner as Emily looked the newspaper clipping over. "Press was convinced I was just an aggravating sidekick." 

"That happened on my world." She grinned pointing at the picture, but not the headline. "You stank for a week." 

"Yeah I remember that smell. Between that smell and the stink the press made I was convinced I couldn't be the Summer Son."

"So the first time that you became Hyperactive, how’d that turn out?" Emily asked. 

"That's not the real story. The second time was the time I really became Hyperactive." 

Two Months Prior:

November 3rd, 2016

Chicago, Illinois

Tyson looked at the hanging red and orange suit with the twin S's as he stared at the past. Shutting the closet it was a brand new suit reflected back in the mirrored door. The flat green face shield and silver helmet were cold and expressionless. The antithesis of the almost goofy Summer Son II cowl. The single green stripe with a silver H on it was the only color on the black one piece. It was certainly dramatic and almost ominous. The Summer Son's rep had become too much to bear. The Waco Warriors were happy to have help from Hyperactive, but this was the first time Chicago would meet Tyson's new persona. Except, this wasn't a new persona. Tyson was Hyperactive. Summer Son was a persona, his grandfather's, Hyperactive was who he was.

Hyperactive checked the gloves and formed a fist before he saw his little sister in the background of the mirror. Kas walked in the room and smiled up at her big brother. 

"Thanks." She grinned. "I won't have to wear that stupid red and orange get up they all love." 

"It's not flattering." Hyperactive responded as he looked over the suit one last time.

"Go get 'em big brother." Kas said and hit her brother in the chest. Tyson gave her a quick hug and took off. 

As Hyperactive charged away from the house at top speed an alert came in from Kas: "Robbery in progress. Drone Master identified." With a quick turn, Tyson sprinted over towards the bank. The world around him blurred.

Two drones were spraying bullets down on a blockade of cars by the time the speedster arrived. Vaulting over a car, Tyson spun up his arms forming a whirlwind. One drone was caught and slammed into the other. The two of them exploded in a flash of light. Tyson grinned behind the face shield and cracked his fingers. Hyperactive charged straight through the doors into the bank. A dozen people were being aimed at by Drone Master's flying death bots. In a flash, the speedster pulled each of the hostages out of the building and into the street. Running back in Hyperactive stood behind all the drones. 

"Ahem!" All the drones spun around and swarmed around him.

"Who are you?" Shouted a woman on a floating command platform, Drone Master. Four red lasers appeared on Hyperactive's chest and it took all his will power not to bust up laughing. The woman seethed as she flipped switches uselessly on a bracer. Now was the time for a glorious introduction. 

"Name's Hyperactive." Tyson replied with a quick nod. He pulled a coin from a pocket on the suit and flipped it up into the air. The drones tracked the coin for a second as he ran forward, leaving an afterimage in place for the drones to fire on. They did, and shredded each other. Ribbons of metal and plastic fell to the floor as Tyson rolled his shoulders out. The coin hit the apex of its flip as Tyson readied for the next onslaught.

Running straight into and up the wall Tyson launched into a quick back flip off it. After turning in the air once, he landed on the command platform. Hyperactive's fist swung straight into the platform and turned the potential energy into kinetic energy. The platform slammed into the ground with a thud launching the two riders into the air. With a twist Hyperactive landed on his feet as Drone Master flopped onto the ground. Without wasting a moment, he dashed over to the falling coin and grabbed it out of the air. Drone Master slowly got up and glanced towards the gaping hole she clearly flew though coming in. 

"Go ahead." Hyperactive said behind my mask. "You can have a head start." She turned and ran. Her arms and legs pumping furiously as she got going. She vaulted with surprising athleticism over the two foot high broken wall. Two cops rushed into the building, but Tyson held a hand up and then jog after her. Vaulting over the wall at a hundred miles per hour the world seemed to stand still. It took about a moment to zip in front of the fleeing Drone Master. "Tag." Hyperactive said as he slammed his palm into her gut. The kinetic energy flowed out of her into the speedster. Her shock frozen on her face as he admired her work. Tyson grabbed the now frozen crook and jogged back to the two cops. Before either could react he cuffed her and placed her on the ground. 

"Who the heck?" One cop asks.

"Hyperactive." Tyson tossed out a thumbs up. Then pulled it back as he saw the confusion on their faces. 

"You're that speedster Summer Son." The other said as he cuffed the Drone Master. Then he sighed seeing the first set. 

"No it's Hyperactive." Tyson replied, frustrated and stamped the ground. Real mature Masters. He took a deep breath. "Look I'm not that hero anymore and I'd appreciate if you'd respect the amount of paperwork you guys made me do." 

"Listen kid, the papers ain't gonna let you escape your grandad's shadow." The other cop said laying a hand on the young hero's shoulder. "I hear Freedom City can always use new heroes though." 

April/May Vignette

Guns And Ships...

Hyperactive and Waco Warriors

There were few events that brought all the Waco Warriors together. Yet here they were. Hyperactive had been both first and last to the beach. He and Emily had seen pretty quickly that they weren't needed in Freedom. But they were needed in Texas. 

When Hyperactive had returned from his look around the rest of the Warriors had arrived in Galveston. The quiet before the storm as he looked over his peers. He embraced Druid and nodded at the bored Dr. Orion. He gripped Alan Alchemy's arm.

"Did you get to see family?"

"I did." The young man replied as he looked over his chemicals. "Worth fighting for." Alan replied. Hyperactive shook Mystery Master's hand and hugged the two Angels. 

"Vagabond and Black Hornet." He said with a nod. The young woman with the camouflage gave a slight nod and the man in black armor kept looking over his machine guns. 

"Well Hyperactive?" Druid asked. "This is strategy. This is your domain." 

"My parents are helping the Barnstormers in Bedlam, the heroes of Freedom are holding the line as are those in the Emerald Cities." Hyperactive responded. "We're the only line of defense here on the Gulf. We'll close up the landing zone so we can keep our strength from being split." 

"And your plan to do that?" Asks Orion. Emily just snickers at him. 

"We'll change the weather." She says. "Between the Druid, Mystery Master, Myself, and the cute speedster we can force them to land where we want." 

"Exactly." Hyperactive replied. "So we pick our place and force them to face all of us at once. Mystery Master you make the north as unattractive as possible. Druid you make the southern side impossible. Triple Threat."

"Give them a target up the middle." Emily masters laughed raising her armored fist. 

"And You?" Orion asked. 

"I'm going to keep them from straying too far out. If they choose not to take the bait I'll leave a tornado where they're headed."

"And when they land?" Asked Black Hornet.

"You don't think we can take thirty Atlantans and a ship?" Hyperactive responded stepping up to his peer. The two had never seen eye to eye, and not just literally. "We just have to make them turn, if we don't they'll take this as a weak point. They'll return in force and slam the Gulf and Texas. Turn this into an invasion point. This is them jabbing at us. Stand your ground."

"Got it." Hornet responded. Druid clapped Hyperactive on the shoulder, pulling him away from the conversation. Druid and Mystery Master held their hands up. The sky began to turn black and lightning began to  arc across the sky. The waves rose and fell dozens of feet high as Hyperactive watched the two huge storm fronts. Emily Masters held her hand up and the two storm systems left a brilliant blue stripe in the sky. 

"They aren't taking the bait." Sighed Alan Alchemy. He pointed out along the coast at a point where they would land.

"They don't want the Carrot?" Hyperactive locked his face shield in place. "I'll give them a stick." With a burst of speed Hyperactive ran to where his peer had pointed. He began to sprint in a circle the wind and sand sweeping up all around him. He sent the tornado seaward before dashing back to his team. 

"Back on course. Landfall in thirty seconds." Alchemy stowed his goggles and began to draw his chemical grenades. The Angels took to the sky and Orion hovered in front of the trio of mages, eliciting a glare from Emily. Hyperactive grinned behind the face shield.

The battle was swift. The Warriors were hardly the Barnstormers or the Freedom League. But they were competent Warriors in their own right. The few minutes of the battle proved their assessment had been recon by fire. They had tested this landing point and found it too well guarded. The bluff had worked. The wounded atlanteans that they had captured were handed over to the national guard. 

Emily and Tyson were the last two on the beach. The sun was going down behind them as they watched the waves of the gulf lap at the beach. 

"Must bring back memories." Tyson whispered as they watched the sunset. Emily let him lean into her armor. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah it does. I'll be ok. I have you." Emily replied. "We never really won any battles against the Terminus. Winning feels different. It feels really good."

"Then maybe we should celebrate." Hyperactive responded looking out over the sea.

"Maybe we should." Emily turned and kissed her lover as the sunset behind them.