Sad Boner Confessionals

Amelia

Back in 2016, a guy who describes himself as "media activist crafting conscious memes" had a sickeningly narcissistic personal essay published by a few sites (at least one of which has since taken it down at his request because of the backlash).  "Love Will Be The Death of Us: Notes On The End of My Marriage" is an (unintentionally) hilarious read by itself.  But then another, better, more self-aware writer worked up a brilliant blow-by-blow parody, "Infidelity Will Be The Death Of My Marriage: The Unbelievably Brave Story Of One Incredibly Sensitive Man’s Intensely Personal Journey Towards Divorce."  She coined the brilliant phrase "sad boner confessional" to describe this specific flavor of self-indulgent tripe.  I couldn't make it through either piece without laughing out loud, multiple times.  If you've ever put up with a friend or lover whose head seemed permanently lost up their own ass, then I think this will resonate with you like it did with me (I swear my last ex is this guy's opposite-sex clone).  I'm tempted to turn this one into an Eye of Argon style party game where you pass a copy around the table and each person reads it out loud for as long as they can without cracking up.