[OOC] And now, a Classic

olopi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck is no longer in line of sight, but a quick scan around the area (and that's somethng a speedster can do easily), reveals it's parked a few blocks away, where the driver is currently speaking into his radio. I'll have an IC post up tomorrow, I'm too tired to still get out a good post, sorry :(

So Hyperactive will not only find the car, he's going to check for any tracking devices, seeing as he can probably search the van without being noticed. He's only looking over the outside/top/underside of the transport, so that's what fifty square feet? I can take 20 on that search in less than a round/ action right? Also, he's going to make note of the brand on the side of the car. So all in all taking 20 on his search check will be a 28.

Okay. When it comes to tracking devices, he can spot one. It's stuck on the underside, right next to one of the wheels, and partially built into the car, so it probably belongs there. Other than that, there's nothing that looks out of place anywhere on the outside, save for a few minor bumps in the paint, probably from running away from the Dragon.

The brand on the side is "Reagan Security". If there's anything else you want to know, just ask me, otherwise I'll come up with a post in a second!

from what I can tell Suffocate isn't part of Air Control by default (would be an alternate power for it in the book), so let's go with the pulling downwards:

As requested in chat, a ranged attack and if it hits, a roll with +12 from the ranks of Air Control

Okay, the dragon gets to make the opposed roll, onto his Dex:

Dex: 1d20+7 20

And I'd say that's where we move into initiative! There's not directl combat, thanks to the Diplomacy roll (I play a diplomancer, I should've really tried this once before) but the dragon isn't too happy, and will try to flee.

Initiative: 1d20+15 31

Okay! The Dragon's gonna move all-out in the skies above the streets.

Essentially, mechanically, this is a pretty simple chase. Both of you have the same speed, so it comes down to things being in the way. (And the dragon has the advantage there until you move into an area with higher buildings.)

For now, if you want to follow him properly, which I assume, then, thanks to wall-running, that's just a DC15 Acrobatics roll! And a full turn move action.

If you fail, you'll fall behind somewhat, but not enough for the dragon to escape. Let's go with 3 fails before you lose him, or him failing once (as his rolls will be rarer).

Okay, the dragon flies northward, which means that he'll leave the city rather quick, and then the chase is through mainly somewhat populated, rural areas.

And, Tyson can probably tell that at this angle, the two will arrive in NYC within not too long. (Let's say 30 seconds, so 5 turns).

Also, as I've just posted, feel free to make a post of Tyson running after him! And that DC15 Acrobatics roll to not fall behind, as well.

Okay! I'd say that's a Grapple then!

Considering how large the cloud is compated to the target, I'd say that hits and works.

Unless ...

I offer you a HP to instead have the dragon slip away once more. This would also recover your fatigue without you having to pay the HP to do so-

GM

And still, the chase continued onwards. By now, the cloud cover was getting thicker. Less light punched through it (bad), and both the wind and rain became stronger (bad, but also bad for the Dragon). Fortunately, the area was mostly flat, and the farmland was empty at the moment. Which made for easy enough travelling, even if he had to dodge the occasional barn, lake, or small town.

Meanwhile, in the sky above him, the Dragon seemed to struggle somewhat. He’d kept up most of his speed, and still had a fair lead, but the strong winds seemed to throw him about just a bit. Not enough to actually slow him down noticeably, but enough for him to have to take some adjustments. And by the time they continued running, first signs of a city popped up in the distance. Just the suburbs so far, but it wouldn’t take long before the chase would be inside the city.