Pharaoh's Dance (IC)

"One should bloody well hope," Set huffed as she was tapped on the chest, planting her hands on her hips but still grinning despite herself.

"I understand nothing anyone has said," Sekhmet protested wearily, shoulders uncharacteristically slumped and looking like she'd been through an emotional wringer.

"You know I hate to ruin a surprise, oh Mistress of Dread!"

"Set..."

"A good one! You have my unimpeachable word! Hold a moment longer, my lady," the godling added, recognizing a theatrically appropriate moment for Lady Horus to shoot off into the sky and forestalling it with an almost hesitant hand atop the loop of the ankh. Her expression darkened, a flicker of something that might have been concern or ever fear touching her features before she willed it away. "Have you given thought to the fate of the last mortal host to my brother's power?" She indicated the artifact before taking her hand away as though afraid it might burn her fingers. "Tis the key to the vault and the getaway car and the smoking pistol all in one. Everything at once except a golden parachute." The redhead looked away from the blonde's eyes with a small cough. "Echoes of diminished gods can be a fickle sort. You will keep your wits about you?"

Lady Horus put her hand atop Set's and smiled winningly. "No man will carry the power as he did, 'tis true. But I am no man."She patted her hand reassuringly, a gesture that was almost maternal - perhaps sensing she hadn't yet reassured the shapechanging god. She also took a moment to be glad she had the insulated shorts on under the kilt because it was _cold_ in Wisconsin.  "I have warred against powerful foes before - and been their queen. If new foes come for me here in the lands of ice and snow, let them come.Because if it's the old ones again, I am screwed. 

Without comment Set raised the temperature around them by a dozen degrees or so, no more than an afterthought for a desert deity. She scoffed good-naturedly at Lady Horus' assurances, at least somewhat mollified. "A point none may argue, truly. Mayhaps steadier with the popular references, though; you'll drive Nephie mad. Well. Madder." The shortening was a calculated choice, both as an irritating barb and a subtler statement. Set's elder self had never been one for diminutives, after all. The current iteration paused, taking stock of the audience surrounding them in the park and judging that they had probably overstayed whatever passed for hospitality in Bedlam City. "...you could tell her, incidentally, that were she to provide some forewarning and drop the 'brother-husband' business, seeing that antiquated aspect of her might not be wholly unpleasant." The godling slipped her bound dreadlocks over one shoulder in a show of nonchalance. "She was never terribly conscientious over such matter but honestly. Tis 2017."

"She listens to all," said Lady Horus with a smirk, "and be assured - she hears your words." The mortal-in-goddess-garb hesitated a barely perceptible moment, stepping back from the two goddesses-in-mortal-flesh. "I have been many things across two centuries. If god is to be the last thing-" and she knew, or dreaded, or suspected it might be, "let it be known I choose my fate, now and forever, and that I choose the sun over the shadow. No offense," she added with a broader smirk, and it was hard to tell if she was addressing Set or her former consort. "I will see you both again." And with that, she raised her ankh to the sky and flew away, vanishing in a flash of too-bright light the moment she passed the level of Bedlam's tallest buildings, some forty stories up.