Glamazon looked over the suit.  It appeared much like an uninflated balloon or blanket with boots and gloves sewn on.  While she was far from the expert on surface world technology, her magical know how made her quite well acquainted with Atlantean technology.  "There is an opening on the bottom that will allow you to place the suit over your body much like wearing a shirt.  Push the dial on the chest once so that it may adjust to the tightness of your flesh.  Turn the dial to the right once to seal the suit a translucent helmet powered by the magical crystal inside should keep you safe from the ocean.  Do note if you push, not turn, the dial again the suit will actively intake water.  And if you turn the dial to the left again the helmet will fade.  The pressure suit was designed for an Atlantean to carry around water with them to the surface.  But, it can work in reverse."

Although Thaelia was still not keen on their course of action, the fact of the matter remained she was never going to be great at sitting still and waiting around to begin with.  Sooner or later she was going to end up charging ahead into that skull headed dome either way.  It might as well be when for once she had to be the hero that needed to be talked into recklessness.

Will took Thaelia's instructions dead-serious, his expression, if not grim, then certainly not bright and cheery. He carefully pulled the suit on, making sure his own helmet was retracted when he pulled the suit on, not wanting it to interfere with the only thing between him and drowning. He carefully pushed the dial, blinking as the suit snugged up.

"Two layers of pseudo-spandex feels weird. I feel like I should make a double-bagging joke here but I'm too nervous to think of something."

Which was saying something. After getting the suit snug, he turned to Thaelia, sizing her up for a second.

"When you're ready, I'll put the helmet on and we can go. I can definitely keep us both unseen, and probably unheard. I think our wake should be invisible or minimal if we don't book it too much. But we have to keep touching. And I'm basically only good at treading water at high speeds. Which...yeah, you're gonna have to carry me. I'll let you know when I'm activating it; I'll need to concentrate on maintaining it."

He waited for them to get into the airlock before turning on the translucent helmet. He then allowed the Atlantean princess to pick him up in whatever way was comfortable.

"If only our classmates could see us, the rumors that'd start. Anyway, here we go. This might tingle a bit."

Over the next few moments, both of their bodies became invisible, and the sound they made deadened in the air. And it tingled indeed, something akin to the sensation of strong peppermint on the tongue, but all over. And continuous. 

"Double bagging?  I have no need of bags."  If she understood the context for the joke, perhaps she would not have taken a long enough pause to flex, "my groceries bring nary a moment of difficulty to carry.  And neither will you."  Sliding one arm under Thoughtspeed's legs, Glamazon quickly brought the other one to the small of his back.  Support his weight like a groom carrying his bride.

Although she made no comment to the rumors that could start if anyone could see them.  After all, the goal was to not be seen.  But, that wasn't the reason she did not comment.  The Atlantean demigoddess was often ignorant, but hardly oblivious.  No amount of cultural difference could stop the momentary flushing of her face.  Let alone the silent image of a different telepathic young man.

Nereid was the one to open the latch, leading the quartet of heroes out of the embassy.

"Agreed," Volcanic said, her tone tinged with impatience. The elementalist had been literally seething as people dithered. Patience was not her strong suite before embracing the flames of Pele. As if it were already decided, a flowing gesture turned the sand below her feet red hot before she glided into the air at Aquaria's suggestion. "Let's deal with things before they get more out of hand. Does anyone else need an assist across the water?"

Whilst raising three kids had taught her some patience Klara was still the type to rush into trouble when the situation required it, and this was very much that kind of situation. And if one thing that she'd learned growing up was to know when to rely on others, it's what made their city so successful.

"I don't think me teleport will take me out that far, so a lift out there would be much appreciated. Don't worry I'm a lot lighter than I look."

She’d know it might have been a problem but hadn’t worried about it, confident that a solution would quickly be apparent to her. Which it had as usual.

GM

As the quartet of heroines made their way towards the embassy the Megalodon shark leapt up in the air attempting to swallow them whole.  It fell shy of hitting its mark.  Clearly agitated the shark dove down and began circling the embassy.  Waiting for the next opportune moment to attack the heroines.  As for the reporters and the king that were once standing outside for the press conference?  No signs of them were visible.  The embassy doors were tightly locked, two Atlantean guards standing firm outside.

Two guards weren't threatening all on their own.  But, the ever present fin of the Megalodon served as a reminder that they were not all on their own.

Under the sea, Thoughtspeed and Glamazon sped towards the skull ship.   Moving with enough force to actually tread the distance long before the reporter's ship had even managed to land on the bottom of the deep sea bed.  Neither distance a small feat considering how deep below they currently were.  Once they reached the skull they did find themselves faced with a new problem.  There was no visible entrance.

At first...

Then suddenly, Atlanteans began leaving from beneath the bottom of the skull holding spherical objects.  Their destination clearly the surface.  The pair would have to swim below to find the entrance the soldiers came from.  But, that would also mean allowing the Atlanteans to leave towards the surface to commit whatever act they had in mind.

Sea Devil knew what she wanted to do. She wanted to retract the face of her armor long enough for the Atlanteans to see her and bellow "Here I am! Come and fight me!" 

But she knew that was unwise - betraying her presence there might bring more Atlanteans down on their heads and plunging herself into battle would certainly frighten Jessie. And if she thought of herself, fighting with Atlanteans...yes, it was wisest to hang back. 

Sea Devil and Singularity hung back as they approached the embassy gates, letting Warrior Woman and Volcanic handle this particular crisis. Sea Devil found herself glancing again and again at the giant shark out in the water, wondering what secrets it retained. What were the Atlanteans doing - and why were they doing it? 

"Did they take them?" she finally croaked aloud. 

On 7/18/2017 at 3:21 PM, HG Morrison said:

GM

As the quartet of heroines made their way towards the embassy the Megalodon shark leapt up in the air attempting to swallow them whole.  It fell shy of hitting its mark.  Clearly agitated the shark dove down and began circling the embassy.  Waiting for the next opportune moment to attack the heroines.  As for the reporters and the king that were once standing outside for the press conference?  No signs of them were visible.  The embassy doors were tightly locked, two Atlantean guards standing firm outside.

Two guards weren't threatening all on their own.  But, the ever present fin of the Megalodon served as a reminder that they were not all on their own.

Under the sea, Thoughtspeed and Glamazon sped towards the skull ship.   Moving with enough force to actually tread the distance long before the reporter's ship had even managed to land on the bottom of the deep sea bed.  Neither distance a small feat considering how deep below they currently were.  Once they reached the skull they did find themselves faced with a new problem.  There was no visible entrance.

At first...

Then suddenly, Atlanteans began leaving from beneath the bottom of the skull holding spherical objects.  Their destination clearly the surface.  The pair would have to swim below to find the entrance the soldiers came from.  But, that would also mean allowing the Atlanteans to leave towards the surface to commit whatever act they had in mind.

Thoughtspeed had mostly been concentrating on maintaining the slightly-tingly cloaking field around himself and Glamazon, but he was aware enough to notice the small army swimming out. He desperately wanted to do something, but the situation was precarious as-is.

'I want to stop them, but...there's dozens and dozens of heroes up above. We're the only ones poised to get in here and now. We can't stop them, Thaelia. We can't. We have to press on. And we have to do it now, and do it fast.'

What emotion she could pick up from the telepathic "voice" made clear Will didn't really like that option, but that he was also convinced it was the right one. 

Volcanic set Klara down with a deft enough touch. The bulk of her focus was on depositing the Amazon safely before she took in the grim faced guards. With a grimace, she let her plating fall away for the moment. It was easiest enough to summon should things turn bad and she wasn't without defenses - and attacks - without it. Probably best to not look like they were there to assault the gates. Probably. Annoyance with the stone-faced Atlanteans made her voice sharp. "Aloha," she said, the syllables more flat than they'd other wise be. "Came to help out with the shark problem. You got someone in charge we can talk to?"

She paused then added again, "We're with the Freedom League." Silently adding the 'Auxiliary' in her head. Really, who kept the rosters memorized? The last thing she wanted to deal with was bureaucratic red tape. 

Singularity didn't say much of anything on the way to the embassy, but she kept one careful eye on the shark and one on Aquaria. Both were imminent dangers, both were unpredictable, though at least Aquaria was unlikely to actually eat anyone. Jessie was pretty sure she could take out the shark if she needed to, had blurry muscle-memories of fighting in water and winning. That was probably Erin, though, and relying on those memories was chancy because Jessie was not as strong or skilled or smart as her superior doppelganger. Even so, she'd watched a television show that said a shark would retreat if punched hard enough in the nose or eye, and Jessie was a very good puncher of things. She was not, however, much of a diplomat. Instead she made a point of standing next to Aquaria, just in case she had to sit on the highly agitated Deep One to prevent the situation from deteriorating any further. 

Klara was more than happy to let Volcanic take the lead, she was very pleased with how the reborn hero had quickly adapted to the 21st Century. Still, a little support would hurt so she stood behind her friend arms crossed looked displeased at the guards.

"We would appreciate it if you could tell us what exactly is going on here?" he tone suggested it was more an order than a request.

Towering over most people might have some disadvantages sometimes, but here and now it definitely had some advantages.

• 5 months later...

GM

"The fish people have lost their minds."  One of the guards shouted.  Clearly enthusiastic to give representatives of the Freedom League help.  "They captured all the press and declared war.  They haven't really done anything else out here.  But, they're probably doing some sort of freaky fish people thing inside.  Also, they have a giant shark!"  

The older guard next to him was rubbing two fingers along the bridge of his nose in open annoyance.  Finally when the young seaman finished speaking he gave the group a look.  Taking a moment to contemplate before reaching a decision the man spoke.  "I'll radio for the XO.  Any officer more senior would still be back on base.  Officially, as the embassy is considered foreign territory the situation is a hot mess."

As the guard reached for the radio he suddenly vomited on the ground violently.  In that moment, Volcanic's tremorsense could make the faint feeling of vibration in the ground.  But it was Sea Devil who saw the movement from the  Atlantean blockade.  A pair of hands poking out through the water holding some sort of sonic cannon.  A group of soldiers laughing in amusement at the soldier's emesis.

Glamazon and Thoughtspeed broke into the large skull vessel with ease.  Once inside the remained cloaked.  There were various armed Atlantean soldiers inside.  They sped to the center of the ship hoping to find a control room of sorts.  And that was when everything went downhill.  They were frozen in place in the center of the room.  Though from their perspective it was as if the room itself had been frozen.  Like pushing pause on a DVD.  The last thing they saw a pair of glowing eyes.