The Night Flower (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay!

She's not too sure about destroying property belonging to a government,

So, as a Standard Action she'll just stand in front of the ship and try to block any potential movement by pushing against it, using her shield's flight to assist with it as well.  Her effective Push/Drag Load is 15 tons. Which most likely isn't nearly enough, but who knows.  I'm not quite sure what the rules here are, the only ones I can find in the book are more of a charge, so please tell me what to roll!

As for the thing she's thinking of:

She can in theory teleport next to allies in danger. Of course, that requires a) her to be aware of where they are and b) the shield to see Lexa as an ally.

I think opposing the take off is best considered an opposed roll of Ship STR bonus plus Flight bonus VS Barrier STR bonus plus Super STR bonus plus Flight Bonus. In this case the Deep Wave has a +27 bonus. 

However - the way I picture it your precreated wall (Create Object) also counts, so if you fail the opposed roll directly, but by less than 12 (your Create Object Rank), the combination of you and the wall will stop the Deep Wave, although in this case I might call for a toughness save frome the wall as it might get chipped and cracked from the impact. 

Does that sound ok / Have I got that picture reasonable?

As for teleporting next to Lexa; its a good question and I leave that to your head canon! As far as I can see as its an accurate teleport Barrier only needs to know roughly where Lexa is and I think that's pretty obvious. As to whether Lexa is an ally - I can only say I think that is something for you to decide based on your concept! Lexa is certainly friendly at least, and she did personally invite Barrier. I suppose if you feel its one of those "on the fence" type things we could call for an HP to do it, or gain an HP by trying and failing. 

The opposed roll sounds good!

As for the teleport: I'm okay with spending a HP to do it, so that would most likely be my action next turn, as I've already used a Move Action this turn.

Now, as for the opposed roll:

10 from STR, 2 from Super Strenght, and 4 from Flight.

So, +16 in total. It's a long shot, but it might work! And if not, at least it might get slowed down!

Pushing: 1d20+16 33

There we go!

Ok so stuff happens IC. And on, its initiave action, the Robot will attempt to charge and rush, pushing Barrier out of the way. 

So Charge means a +2 Attack, a total of +10 for a result of Charge Rush Barrier: 1d20+10 20 which hits. 

Its opposed STR and Super STR time, With the Robot having +8, and an additional +3 from Speed

Power. Opposed Rush Roll: 1d20+11 21

I believe Barrier however has an impressive +24 (+10 STR, +2 Super STR, +8 Immovable, +4 Size). Yes, the immovable power is rarely used but cheap and effective. This means that there is no way that the Robot can barge over Barrier. 

(And one day that Shield should have Immovable effects others area selective surely? :) )

On Initiative 1, stuff happens and Barrier must make a notice roll please. DC 20. 

In addition, could Barrier make a DEX roll DC 11

Edited by Supercape

Round 3

20: Paradigm, HP 4, Unharmed

20: Barrier, HP 1, Unharmed

17: Robot, Unharmed

1: The Deep Wave

To keep things simple, whilst the Hangar is large we can assume Paradigm enters this round and is sufficiently fast to reach the Deep Wave with a move action (at Flight 7). Noticing the tiny steel insect is however a very difficult task: DC 25 whilst flying in. There would be a large range penalty normally but with extended vision I think we can wave that. 

Edited by Supercape

Deep wave has +27.

Resists Paradigm: 1d20+27 40

So Paradigm stops the Deep Wave. But again it will try to flow. It actually has the Insubstantial 1 power, but with some limitations. In any case, I think as before we can just call this a DC 11 DEX Check if you can make that?

If you make this roll, you can find something to grab onto and push it down. If you don't make this roll, you have two options - either you just lose grip and the Deep Wave flows slowly past you (although not making much headway in reality), or you can take advantage of this and actually enter the Deep Wave itself as it has become all fluidic. 

For that matter, you can elect to forgo the DEX check any just swim into the ship if you wish. She can breathe underwater so to speak (not sure if she actually breathes, but you get the meaning) so that won't be an issue!

Okay, in that case, Barrier will go inside the ship.

Will actually spend my HP as discussed before, and teleport to Lexa as a Move Action.

Will wait with the Standard Action for now, until I know what Barrier sees once she's teleported.

Should I make an IC or do you want to mention it here? Fine for me either way.

In this case, I actually think we should split your actions this round into two post as there is fairly critical information. 

Could you post IC your move into the ship, and I will follow with the ship interior as GM post, then you can post IC your standard action?

COuld I ask you to make a Swim Roll DC 15 to orientate yourself in the ship as you go in? Ill say until you can make that you are at -2 to checks / rolls as the ship is a wibbly wobbly thing. 

So I gave the Deep Wave an initiative of 1 as it was a big vessel taking off. I am inclined to take it as the crew also have an initiative of 1 just to keep things straightforward (technically I suppose they would delay actions)

So the Pilot will bravely fire at Barrier: Fires at Barrier: 1d20+6 8 missing comprehensively. 

Munn will directe the needlebot to fly into Paradigms face! Flies into Paradigm: 1d20+16 31

The Bot attaches to her and delivers a electric brainwave buzz that amounts to a Stun 10 (Fort DC 20) Attack. 

Ok so I think this is going to wrap up this round and i dont want to extend to long but lets play it out more for narrative purposes one more round. 

Round 3

20: Paradigm, HP 4, Unharmed

20: Barrier, HP 1, Unharmed

17: Robot, Unharmed

1: The Deep Wave and crew

For reference, Thev, the bot is still on your forehead, Technically its power is Stun 10, continuous duration, with the limitation that a move action by anybody can tear it off your head and hence end the power. It also has a toughness of +2, just above glass, and is a minion, so Paradigm can crush it in her hands, teeth, or betwixt' fingers if she wishes!

Edited by Supercape