"First, still not old! Second, this thing is all muscle, Dora," Erik insisted as he let Talya haul him to his feet. The fencer slapped his rear with both hands to emphasize the point but did their students the courtesy of refraining from actually turning around and shaking it. "Could bounce a fireball off of this thing. And I have! But if you help evaporate this ice I'll not only get the girls, I'll let you make the joke about Snowflake watching Butterfly's backside." Raina struck him as about as comfortable with the sudden emotional honestly Phaedra was dishing out as he had been back when the original Interceptors had first formed; hopefully playing the clown a bit would keep her from saying anything to strain that tenuous friendship.

Turning his attention to the other girls he pointed to Cathy. "You hang back and wait for your friends to make the first move but with your powers you should be defining the battlefield before anybody else has a chance to get going. Ice slicks, barriers, that'll take a speedster right out of the fight. You got a shooter in your crew, make them a platform. People should be reacting to you, yeah?" He moved his finger toward the redhead and continued. "The teleporting's good, would have worked on most people. If your weapon works the way it smells--" Erik stopped briefly and rephrased for clarity, "If it works the way I think it does, you could be doing a lot more with it. If you two are seriously about putting in the work, we'd be happy to have you here."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mmm, Min should have snacks ready for post-battle cartoons. She knew you were coming tonight," Talya agreed, dropping her gaze in a way that made it clear she was absolutely checking out the rear end in question. Talya was more than good enough to look without looking like it but it would hopefully give Raina something less inflammatory to pull faces about. She did nod her head along with Erik's offer, although she added to the fencer more than the girls, "It would be good for Raina too. We're starting to hit the limits of where I can push her within the confines of the gym... without risking the mats or the sprinkler system. Though if you're going to have magic users not pulling their punches, you may have to find a less lovely assistant for that part. Steve perhaps. Else you'll not be able to give things your full attention."

It was an odd, almost oblique comment but Talya's partners were all too aware of her particular allergy to magic that clashed with her curse. No one wanted a teenager to have to deal with the guilt of a fatality on their hands, after all. 

• 4 weeks later...

“Thank you, sir, I shall take you advice onboard.”

Whilst she'd spent a lot of time practicing back home, and more since coming to Claremont, the Shetlands wasn't exactly bursting with supervillains and she'd not often had to test her mettle against a serious opponent.

"I tend to be much more mobile when I'm fighting, I have this pretty neat ice slide I normally use to get around. But space here is pretty limited and I didn't want to damage you lovely dojo here." she paused and gathered her thoughts a little before continuing "I guess I need to practice a lot more in these kind of environments