Gods of Tomorrow OOC

shazam

Not sure what the heck the DC is exactly to open the door so I kind of winged it. One way or another I'm getting in that door... just might take my a whie. Should the lock not open, I'm just going to go into beat-stick mode and take a full-round action to break the lock, at which point the lock breaks.

Being a low-level minion, the guard's resistance goes poorly. And I've asked Heritage to occasionally peek in here, just to make sure I'm not up to any shenanigans. After all, our characters are actually squaring off. ;)

My knowledge of Scarab is minimal at best, but I just got the Freedom City book so I'm getting a bit of knowledge. However, its still not complete, and I'm not quite sure what is common knowledge and what isn't, so if I say anything that isn't in the domain of public knowledge, or just plain wrong, tell me. Thanks.

And I thought that Scarab's identity was a secret, meaning you just let the cat out of the bag, or is it public knowledge?

I do not believe that it is public knowledge. Shazam, if you have a reference that says otherwise, please let me know; I have all the books, so I'll be able to see what you see.

As a rule, heroes with secret identities retain those secret identities even after death. It's similar to the way that governments protect the identities of their intelligence agents. Even if a particular agent has passed away, his identity might give away another agent that he recruited and who is still active.

You know, I had thought the Scarab's secret identity had been exposed after his death. But I don't have any specific references for that, and I can think of a few good arguments against it. Beyond the good points you guys brought up, there's also the fact that if Malice knew who the Scarab was, he'd probably be over at Alexander Rhodes' place shaking down Sophia Cruz instead of Fred. ;)

So I will change it! Good eye on not having Malice respond to the name-dropping.

I was operating under the assumption that it was either public knowledge or a secret that Fawcett wouldn't blurt out in this sort of situation, so no real need for me to acknowledge it.

In regards to my IC post, Malice is distracted probably for about a minute, which may or may not be long enough for Fawcett to get some help ;)

Wow, what terrible, terrible rolls I made!

But I spent my regular hero point on Ultimate Toughness Save, and my one of my complication hero points on rerolling the subsequent unarmed attack. (Pretty sure all that balanced out.)

That's a DC 30 toughness save.

Okay, I'm going to say that Captain Wonder's rivalry with the modern age is activated by fighting with a trash-talking young supervillian in power armor...but since I'd expect me to say that, I'll make sure it's okay with you first. 8-)

Yay!

OK, used Ultimate Toughness save again (and still got a bruise! Autofire R powerful.)

And then an All-Out Attack for a Toughness DC of 25, and a grapple check.

Captain Wonder is easily strong enough to throw something Malice's size a few hundred feet straight down. Someone with Malice's Impervious Toughness shouldn't take any damage from hitting glass and tile, I think, but all the breaking glass and falling tiles as he hits the floor would look pretty boss. :)

Technically throwing is a move action, so ordinarily grappling someone and then throwing them is a full round action, but we'll let it slide this time via the rule of cool. And I wished I had saved that 20 :'( Also, isn't your grapple modifier +26 I'm counting +10 Str, +10 Atk bonus, +6 Super-Strength? You win either way, but I'm a little confused where you got 33 from.

Just a standard unarmed attack DC 25.

Okay, that's an area attack, so make a Reflex save to avoid.

I'm going to say the damage is just Fred's standard unarmed damage, since you can't really power attack on an area attack.

(Hey, gotta try all kinds of fun tactics!)