Peace On Earth, And Mercy Mild? (IC) (Open)

Quinn

"Sure! Come on in! It's a simple zipper setup just close the door quickly, didn't take the airlock setup with." Sakurako said out loud before returning her conversation to Warp. "Also 2016 hasn't been a fun year." She said, sitting back up. "Sometimes I wonder if I'll bankrupt myself and my parents with the medical bills if it had to come out of our pocket."

"Luckily the injuries have been in "the call of duty" pretty much so that helps. Nothing to worry about..."

"Otherwise this has been more thinking about my future as I'm a Senior about to graduate this summer, that and turning 18. I had been thinking of setting up a presence in space but after an incident in the summer, I had been thinking of joining some branch of the military..."

She starts putting together her cover in her head in how she'd explain working with AEGIS. "Everything is amorphous at the moment, but I need a change. Being a pure scientist won't help the world and I think it needs more those willing to fight for a better tomorrow, than just wish it."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat shrugged. She caught herself starting to lean against the tent . . . but tents weren't really meant to actually hold weight. They could hold off rain . . . and not much else . . . unless this one was special. Super-science gave her a headache, sometimes. "Yeah, it's not great. But, as far as I'm concerned . . ." She made a small, dismissive wave. ". . . I can call pretty much any year I don't almost disintegrate myself a pretty good year."

By the time that Sakurako had come to Claremont, Kat had already had her accident. She was just another meta in school who didn't put on a cape, as far as Sakurako was concerned. Unless she'd looked at the newspapers for the past ten years, Kat guessed. It was hard to tell, with her. Sakurako was the smartest daft person that Kat had ever met in her life. "Well, if you need help setting anything too ridiculous up, I can take you pretty much anywhere." Warp said easily, eyes glittering in a dark red light. "I haven't tested that far, cause I need to breathe, but I should be able to go as far off as the moon."

Sakurako smiled. "I could come up with a spacesuit for you... never know if you'd be needed for a rescue. Astronauts are a thing." She said, pointing up at the sky. "Counterpressure suits I'm a bit ahead of the major national space programs."

As she sat she looked over at the door, waiting for Grimalkin to come in. She returned to her conversation with Warp... "You seem a little ginger with that wall... this whole tent is designed to be pressurized and hold quite a bit of weight. Although I didn't engineer it to pull it off but I wager if the support struts were filled with a fluid instead of straight air, it might even withstand water pressure at the continental shelf. I think it's just how the weight gets distributed... I think I designed it too well."

"I wouldn't need the moon. Just geostationary orbit will suffice."

Grim finally figured out the zipper, which only seemed like a fancy zipper when in fact is was perfectly normal; even the most basic tech threw her for a loop sometimes.

"Hi! Oh, it's nice and roomy in here! And it doesn't smell of mildew and bug spray, which is step up from the tents I grew up with." Her leather working clothes shifted into a light sweater and sweatpants as she took a seat on one of the air beds, though her mask remained in place. "Yeah, 2016 was not a great year for me, either, but I got a new girlfriend out of it, which almost makes up for all the suck." She held her hand out, and a steaming mug of spicy hot cocoa appeared, which soon filled the small space with its heady aroma. "Here's hoping 2017 kicks serious ass!" She raised her mug in salute, then took a sip.

Warp considered. "I mean, maybe. I haven't really thought about it, but I guess I could do that pretty easily? Space is a little complicated, I think I'd need a guide to get out that far." Kat stopped. Blinked. Remembered that the only person who'd understand what she was on about was her old handler. ". . . A live video feed or something, I mean. But it's not like I'll have trouble storing a space suit, so . . . eh?" She shrugged. "I'll get back to you on that. If I do need a suit, I'll know where who to ask."

Turning and giving the tent a measuring stare, Kat gave it a firm shove to test the thing. It barely moved. She let her weight fall full on it. Again, nothing. She laughed. "Well, that might be a little overkill, but I'm glad for it.

As Grimal made her pledge, Warp raised a hand and called a thermos out of her Pocket in a red flash. "I can second that!"