The Gargoyle

tv50watcher

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
I am a slightly above average guy by day and hulking monster of pure strength by night

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
I just go by The Gargoyle while transformed, otherwise, no other names

What is your full birth name?
My name John Blake... no middle name, Mom didn't believe in them

Where do you live?
I used to live in Downtown Freedom City, right by Riverside, but nowadays I live on campus, making sure to visit Mom as often as I can.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
I am 16, born on July 7th, 2000

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Male, though I have found my other form doesn't seem to have a gender.  None that I can see anyway.

How would you describe your heritage?
Rather normal, pretty mixed with a lot of races such as Irish, German, Polish, amongst a lot of others.  But in general, this stuff has never really affected me outside of make me slightly more interested in traditions of those main 3 when I was younger.

How tall are you?
5'5"... don't call me short, The Gargoyle is 6'5"

What is your body type?
I'm a bit lanky, surprising considering my actual physical ability even outside of the Gargoyle.  Even The Gargoyle is a lot stronger than he looks, we both could be described as "stringy"

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
Sunlight while in my other form... Let me tell ya, being stuck as stone while itching my nose has only happened once... never again

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
I tend to stay low when I'm human, but I walk with absolute confidence as The Gargoyle

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
I'm pretty white, a slight tan to it, a nice blue color to my eyes and a very light blonde hair

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
Wait, people style their hair?  I thought they just let it go anywhere!  That's what I do.  And luckily, I have never dealt with facial hair, males in my family tend to not grow any.  But now my dream of a luxurious beard shall never be realized!

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
I dunno, I think I'm pretty average.  As for others... I've never had a girlfriend so I'd presume no.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
Nope

Do you resemble anyone famous?
Nope

Do you have a dominant hand?
I can use either hand, but my right hand is certainly the best.  And my tail in Gargoyle is about as good as my right hand

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Just a t-shirt and some cheap jeans... I really do need to find a way to save the shirts when I transform.

Do you wear makeup?
Nope

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
While I am human, it's pretty normal, a bit deep.  However my Gargoyle form is very deep, more a growl than a voice.
Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
I do know when I sense a fight starting up, I tend to look around for sunbeams, or where the sun is in the sky.  I started having that tic when I learned I could transform.  Some people notice it when they know, but normally people don't.  It doesn't really annoy me, but nobody really notices so I dunno if anyone gets annoyed by this

History

Where do you come from?
I come from Freedom City.  Born and raised here.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
See above

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
I dunno... I feel about as loyal as the next guy.  Same for just about all of these questions.

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
I love Freedom City.  The heroes from here have always inspired me and made me want to be one myself.  But my mom remained the most important, so I tried staying away.  But with my new form, I have to.  It's my duty, my responsibility.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Freedom City.  It's always been amazing, and the heroes always inspired me, beating the supervillains even when it seems they failed.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
Well, I've always had the same endurance and strength and dexterity I had now, so I knew I was different from a young age.  Other than that, everyone was similar to me.  It just meant I tried hiding my physical abilities.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
I'm not exactly the smartest guy, or the wisest.  And convincing people is practically negligible until more recently

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
My dad left me a few days after my birth so... but I don't know him anyway.  Mom just tells me he's no longer around with a solemn tone 

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
Seeing a hero save my school from a supervillain.  I never learned his name, but it always made me desire to do the same for everyone.  Save their lives, make sure it never comes to the point that it becomes that close

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
The stupidest thing was probably standing up to said supervillain above... could've ended much worse

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
I went to Freedom City Elementary.  I've had about 7 years of schooling and... ugh, the only class I hate is math

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
No, because I've never been very fond of keeping stuff.  I lose things so often it never made sense to keep anything

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
I've wanted to be a hero since I saw a superhero save my school.  However, I didn't because my mom... I didn't want to leave her alone in the world

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
Depends on if they caught me in my other form or not.  As the Gargoyle, I tell them what else was I gonna put my powers towards?  If I know you while human, I usually explain the above.  Not everyone needs to know my real reasons.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
None.  At least, none I can think about.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
As a human, I try to stay under people's radar.  Don't need to be beat on when I can't necessarily take it.  As the Gargoyle, I just be myself... who can be pretty socially awkward at times as well.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
For if the vast majority found out who I am, I don't worry too much, but the idea of if they found out about my mom, I would protect at all costs.  However, for my mom to learn... She can't find out.  She would try to support me, tell me to be a superhero anyway.  But I can't let myself die, it would leave her alone in the world

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
Nope.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
Annabelle Blake and Randy Blake

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
I was only raised by my mom.  My dad apparently walked out pretty early on in my life, some 5 or so days after I was born.  Apparently he doesn't like mutants.  Mom doesn't talk about where he is now or anything.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
They were the average folk, no real reputation, though my dad worked as a doctor of some description supposedly.  My mom is a nurse though so maybe an office romance was what made them get together?  Again, she won't talk about it.

Where are your parents now?
My parents... my mom still lives at my house, awaiting me to come home on Christmas.  My dad, I dunno.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
My family has lived in that house at least since I was born.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
I get along with my mom great, both back then and now.  Didn't get along with too many people so I was always a bit of a momma's boy.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
My mom has no idea about the superheroing, and I want to keep it that way.  She would be proud and send me to go do more because she always wants me doing as much good as I can.  However, my dad only knows I'm alive and that's the extent of my knowledge.  I don't know how he would feel, but I presume he would be proud as well.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Nope

What was your birth order in the family?
First! (resist youtube comment joke!)

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
See above

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
See two questions above

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Not really, just love for my mom and ambivalence to my dad

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
My mom for putting up with me for my whole life without too many other friends or any family.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
I am the black sheep on account of nobody else in my family being mutants or having powers.  My mom maybe has the power of extreme patience, but that's about it.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Nope

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
Nope

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
Possibly children, but definitely a partner.  I don't think anyone could ever dissuade me from having some partner in life.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Someone who could keep up with my crime-fighting, and deal with my slightly thick-skulled rashness in dealing with problems

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Nope

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Nope

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
My mom

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
Nope

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Not as far as I'm aware

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
See above

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
Threaten my mother.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
My loyalties... it's tough to put them in any particular order.  They all rank right next to each other.  Probably my mom for most circumstances, but if I eventually had to choose to stay a superhero and save hundreds, no thousands of lives... I may give up my last family member for that.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
My mom cause she has been there my whole life.  She is my mom!

Who or what do you despise? Why?
None except despicables because... well it's in the name.  They're despicable

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
A certain goodness and willing/wanting to protect.  I would say I possess those qualities.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Those who are too selfish to save another.  Those who can't feel any need or want to protect someone other than themselves.  No, and thank god.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
Yes.  Very few if anyone, probably the people at Claremont now at some point.  I hide it from my mom to stop her from trying to tell me to keep doing it.  Superheroes can die.  I don't want to have her try and figure out a way to say "I'm ok with you dying before me."  Because she would.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I've never worked in a team before so I dunno.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
Nope
Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
I go to Claremont now, does that count?

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
The heroes of the city!  And one particular one who saved my school when I was like, 5.  Never learned his name though...

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
Nope

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
Yes, I've always wanted to be one.  The most rewarding part is just the feeling you get from saving someone.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Hero work... If ever I felt the city was safe enough that I wasn't able to do much more, I might retire.  Maybe I'd retire if I started a family, only going back in when the city desperately needed me.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Be a fully-fledged, well known superhero.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
See above.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
Being alone myself.  No family, no friends.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
This city.  I would give my life to know I have protected this city.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I don't fully care one way or another.  Nice to have, but not necessary.

How do you generally treat others?
I try to treat others with as much respect they give me.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Depends on the level of trust.  I've never had my trust abused before, not that I can remember.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I act introverted when I can't be Gargoyle, however when I am, I am very extroverted.  I have oodles of the stuff.
How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
Just myself.  Or at least, that version of myself.

What are your most annoying habits?
I love Mountain Dew, I tend to have one every morning.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
See question of anyone I despise

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
I love cheese. Any kind of cheese, I wanna eat it.  Why is it not in my mouth?  Be right back, now I need some cheese

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Mountain Dew

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Cheese?  Does cheese count?

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Salads.  Just never have liked the stuff

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
Red, no real colors I dislike.  Maybe stone grey, because when I see that, it typically means I stayed out too late and I'm in trouble now

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
Rock, and I hate rap

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Ooo~ I love the smell of bananas.  Seriously, the whiffer on my other form makes bananas smell amazing... and so do Jalapenos for some reason

Do you have a favorite animal?
I like wolves, bats are also pretty cool.  I love owls

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
I don't have one

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I prefer creature comforts, but I certainly can rough it

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Work sewage.  I would never be undefended but I had to fight down there once.  The smell will absolutely destroy my nose

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
Not really

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
Maybe my mom, but that's just because we both aren't very religious people

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
See above

Could you kill? Have you killed?
It would depend.  And I have never.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
It would depend on very extreme circumstances.  If I felt there could and would be no reform, I might kill to save people.  Otherwise, I don't feel I could just kill someone.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
See above

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
It would depend on if the circumstances were the same as above, if they were, I would be understanding.  If not, it would then be a fight to bring them in probably, regardless of friend or enemy

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
My school books were stolen once and I just got new ones because I couldn't figure out who did and even if I did, I couldn't show my powers

How would you react to public humiliation?
About as well as I usually do, sit there and take it

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I'm sorry, I just saw only red there for a moment.  What were we talking about?

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Choosing not to save someone when you had the power to do so.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
I would tell my mom, and defend the city in every capacity I could until I died.  I only want to do those two things

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Nope, all self-trained

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
Myself...

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I can smell really well, that count?  I just had them

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
Not currently, though I am looking for some work... something to do during the day

What is your preferred combat style?
Hit them until they are down.  If still conscious, keep hitting.  If hitting stops working, pick up a car and hit them some more.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Nope

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
Possibly mental attacks, they tend to really hurt me.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I watch and try to learn at least the basics

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
I wake up, drink a mountain dew, go to school, play some games until night time, then go out as the Gargoyle to save people.  I don't necessarily like it, but I deal with it

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I like playing video games, always liked them

What do you do for fun?
Play video games and stop criminals

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
No, Gargoyle rips through anything I could wear, and anything that has been able to looks ridiculous on him.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Just like a casual citizen

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Just underwear, maybe some shorts

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
Nope

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
Nope

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Flying and flying.  Tiring but nothing beats being so high up in the sky.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
Nope

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
I dunno, maybe I'll turn to stone when I die.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
My determination to protect all

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
Yes, because I know mind control is all too easy on me.  Then you have a very powerful, very hard to hurt person flying through the streets trying to hurt anyone

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
My strength hahah

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
My mind

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You should try focusing on life that is around rather than those you couldn't save.  Find more friends, fight the bullies.  You're stronger than you realize.