"Pretty sure my plants would beat you to that Bill." Rosethorn said with a glance to the ground. Vines and flytraps that were not already keeping the lumberjacks in place had their mouths open, slowly snapping below them. It was mostly for show though. Lilly doubted she could create plants that could really devour a man whole. Although the situation at hand made her doubt these men were still human...

Rosethorn turned to the cold elemental woman and shrugged. "I can travel... Not that familiar with the layout.of this place though." Lilly admitted. She did wonder how this girl was recruited by the spirit courts. She seemed to have a better handle on things than she did.

• 4 weeks later...

"To be honest, neither am I," said Temperance. "But I think an aerial approach might help us both out." She willed the water out of her pack; as it hovered over the ground, it swiftly cohered into a floating sledge made entirely of ice. "I think it should support two, in this state." 

As they took off over the forest, Temperance considered how best to breach the matter. Finally, she decided decorum could take a holiday. "I think I can guess what Court you're with," she said. "I'm guessing you got drawn out this way by the dryads?"

• 8 months later...

Why didn't I design a warmer costume? Rosethorn though as she slowly approached the ice sledge. It did look solid enough to hold two people, that she was willing to admit.

She was hit with a brief moment of vertigo when she looked over the side. The world of superpowers and spirits was still strange to her. She turned her head away from the speeding ground beneath her towards the mystery woman. "Uh. Yeah. Dryads are not subtle when they don't have a place to stay apparently." She noted. Lilly was not sure how they would get there themselves, but she would not be surprised they would find a way there quickly. "Oh. I'm Rosethorn by the way. You?" With the grotesque displays of cannibalism out of the way, she was pretty sure introductions could be done.

"My name's Temperance." Temperance looked out on the forest below, trying to track the noise of amateur logging. Running into another person empowered by the Courts was interesting, but talking shop might be... weird. She knew enough to know that she'd been doing this for years, and that others who walked in the realms ephemeral didn't necessarily do it as a matter of inheritance. "So, when did the tree god smack you upside the head with duty?" could result in some deep awkwardness. "It's good to have someone else attuned to the ephemeral on this one."

There. Generic flatteries would do for now.

Luckily, she didn't have to worry about more conversation as the sound of chopping wood emerged from the forest below. It was faint, and the precise location was concealed by the thin canopy, but they were getting closer. She looked to Rosethorn. "How do you want to do this?"