The Sidhe (10) - Macabreengel

macabreengel

Hey, would people mind looking my stats over and give me their opinions? Thanks!

Abilities: 0 + 2 + 0 + 6 + 10 + 8 = 26 PP
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 20 (+5)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Combat: 14 + 12 = 26 PP
Initiative: +1
Attack: +7 Melee, +7 Ranged    
Grapple: +7
Defense: +6 (+6 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -0

Trade-Offs: None

Saving Throws: 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 PP
Toughness: +9 (+0 Con, +9 [Force Field])
Fortitude: +5 (+0 Con, +5)
Reflex: +6 (+1 Dex, +5)
Will: +8 (+5 Wis, +3)

Skills: 40R = 10 PP
Acrobatics [2] (+3)
Bluff [2] (+6)
Computers [2] (+5)
Concentration [5] (+10)
Diplomacy [3] (+7)
Drive [2] (+3)
Gather Information [2] (+6)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore [5] (+8)
Knowledge: Cosmology [4] (+7)
Knowledge: Current Events [3] (+6)
Notice [3] (+8)
Search [2] (+5)
Sense Motive [3] (+8)
Swim [2] (+2)

Feats: 5 PP
Wealthy (1)
+BMW 3 Series in covered car port
Ritualist
Trance

Headquarters (10 EP)
+Size: Tiny (-1)
+Toughness 15 (2)
+Concealed (X3)
+Laboratory
+Library
+Living Space
+Seurity System (X2)
+Workshop

Powers (Magic): 20 + 6 + 36 + 8 = 70 PP

Astral Form Rank 4 (Astral Projection) [20PP] (Magic)

Super Senses Rank 3 (Magic Awareness; Extras: Extended (1), Radius (1), Ranged (1)) [6 PP] (Mental, Magic)

Magic Rank 15 (30 PP Array) [36 PP] (Magic)

Base Power: Illusion 7 (Affects all senses) {28/30} (Magic)
    Alternate Power: Blast 9 (Magic Missles; Extras: Auto Fire; Feats: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 1, Split Attack) {30/30} (Magic)
    Alternate Power: Communication 15 (Mystical Message; Feats: Dimensional, Subtle 2) {30/30} (Mental, Magic)
    Alternate Power: Exorcism 15 {30/30} (Magic)
    Alternate Power: Healing 10 (Extra: Total) {30/30} (Magic)
    Alternate Power: Snare 13 (Magic Chains; Feats: Reversible, Obscures Senses-Sight and Sound) {29/30} (Magic)
    Alternate Power: Teleport 9 (Extras: Accurate; Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity) {29/30} (Magic)

Device Rank 2 (Ring of Protection; 10 PP Container; Hard-To-Lose) [8 PP] (Magic)

Force Field Rank 9 (Feats: Selective, Extra: Linked) [10 PP] (Magic)

DC Block

ATTACK              RANGE      SAVE                           EFFECT
Unarmed             Touch      DC 15 Toughness                Damage (Physical)
Magical Missile      Ranged     DC 24 Toughness (Autofire)     Damage (Energy)
Snare               Ranged     DC 23 Reflex                   Snare

Totals: Abilities (26) + Combat (26) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (10) + Feats (5) + Powers (70) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

Edited by macabreengel

Well Macabreengel, first point of order is that Equipment, like, say, a car or HQ, comes feom its own Feat. Even if it's a book-stats car and thus free, still need to put Equipment in a separate space apart from and just below the Feats. 

Affects Insubstantial is a Ranked effect, so for simple bookkeeping reasons add a '1' on there.

Exorcism is best replaced with Nullify: Magic Powers or some kind of Stun effect. As-is, I feel it's not quite as useful as the book makes it sound.

You only need 10 ranks to beat the base DC to heal wounds, so I would strongly suggest dropping to rank 10 on the Healing and use the points to add in Feats or Extras to maximize it. 

What are your character's trade-offs? They are undercapped both for someone agile and fast-hitting and someone deliberate and powerful.

Ok, I was getting the car from the line that said  "You can have any sort of car short of a high-end sports coupe. You fly first-class, and you may even have your own prop-plane." I take it that it just means that wealth can justify spending points on a car? The HQ I did spend equipment points on.

Changed.

Since magic can counter other magical effects, it doesn't seem to make sense to get nullify: Magic Powers. It is only costing 1 PP, so I will probably keep it.

Makes Sense.

I wasn't going to have any trade-offs since I have never used the system before. I figure I would just leave it balanced.

Ah! In that case I would advise putting a note at the Base Attack bit of the Combat section something like ,+9 Blast. That way it doesn't look odd when you roll a ranged attack and you use +9 instead of +7.

Is the character PL10 or PL9 with 150PP? You can do the latter, of course, but that puts you down by a PL with only 15 extra PP. In any case why is the Defence only +6? That's pretty important.

Breen, if I may call you so, it would be an extremely good idea to thoroughly read the House Rules and Newbie Guide and talk over anything that isn't too clear to you in Chat.

It is indeed common practice to make your Attack/Damage and Defence/Toughness ranks as high as the caps allow. It just makes things simpler if you can reliably hit what you want to hit, hurt what you want to hurt and can dodge or absorb attacks that would make sense for the character.