Writer's Corner

I know we've got at least one artist here, but are there any writers (aside form me)?

I've recently finished my final draft for ArcheTech Special Report: An Assortment of Armor, an M&M 2E supplement all about battlesuits & powered exoskeletons. It's got technological armors, psionic armors (armors controlled and powered, at least in part, by the wearer's thoughts/mental energy), and mystical armors. It in the layout stage now, and should be published (by Cracked Mirror) in a couple of weeks.

My other published things -- all M&M 2E things, though the Growing Up Super series can be used in any superhero RPG as it's mostly 'fluff' -- can be found at e23, at Lulu, and at RPGNow.

EDIT: Seems the RPGNow link is the only one working, my e23 and Lulu listings are gone. :(

With the speed of a creeping glacier, I've been developing a comic book called Grimalkin about the character who's been all over the place on this site, but my lack of discipline has been a real problem. I think things will move faster once I have an artist to collaborate with, but I'd like to have at least one issue written before I go shopping around for a collaborator. A few things about the character have changed since I've played her here, all for the better mind you, but it has made me rethink certain assumptions I had about the ongoing storyline, which has set me back even farther :roll:

I'm shooting to have the first issue ready for publishing, even if it's only an ashcan edition, for Wizard World/San Diego ComicCon 2009, so wish me luck!

I'm a writer, though I'm a full-time student at the moment and my output has declined as a result. I also have to take the occasional day job to make ends meet.

I've written scripts, short stories and articles. I also tried my hand at editing. I discovered how bloody hard that job is and I will never backtalk an editor for as long as I draw breath.

I have been paid for my work. In fact, I paid part of my rent and some bills with it. But, compared to other working writers, I'm just a greenhorn with adequate credentials.

I'm a writer, though I'm a full-time student at the moment and my output has declined as a result. I also have to take the occasional day job to make ends meet.

I've written scripts, short stories and articles. I also tried my hand at editing. I discovered how bloody hard that job is and I will never backtalk an editor for as long as I draw breath.

I have been paid for my work. In fact, I paid part of my rent and some bills with it. But, compared to other working writers, I'm just a greenhorn with adequate credentials.

Dude, if you would ever like to work on anything together, and I do mean anything, let me know; I love collaborating with other writers, I find it brings out the best in me, as this website has shown :D

I have written 7 complete children's books and about 4 partial stories. They are illustrated (by me) with actual photos that I've worked over in GIMP. They were written for my two little cousins, and they usually star them (my two cousins), their stuffed animals, our dog, a funny little character I created in GIMP, and other things around our house / neighborhood. It's mostly just silly stuff, but the kids can't get enough.

The current favorite: Little Lamb's Tea Party

Dude, if you would ever like to work on anything together, and I do mean anything, let me know; I love collaborating with other writers, I find it brings out the best in me, as this website has shown :D

I'll keep your offer in mind. :) I don't often collaborate but I'm hashing out a project with friends that will (hopefully) have me working with others.

I have written 7 complete children's books and about 4 partial stories. They are illustrated (by me) with actual photos that I've worked over in GIMP. They were written for my two little cousins, and they usually star them (my two cousins), their stuffed animals, our dog, a funny little character I created in GIMP, and other things around our house / neighborhood. It's mostly just silly stuff, but the kids can't get enough.

The current favorite: Little Lamb's Tea Party

That's awesome. :) I never considered writing kid's books but they look fun to write.

• 2 weeks later...

fanfic.gif

This may be the funniest thing ever.

I have actually read some fanfiction I like, so I'm not opposed to it on moral grounds or anything, but that being said, many if not most of the people writing it are scary and not very good :shock:

(I do think that Elizabeth should have ended up with Jack, though ;))

I used to write a lot, but I got really discouraged when I started to become more cynical as I slowly realized High-school was simply a device to demoralize and strip us of humanity to prepare us for the real-world. Loss of innocence is a painful thing.

I used to try and write gritty, meaningful stuff until the above realization came. Then I just wrote a lot of angry stuff that had the main character getting offed, and everyone smiling as he faded away, and then I just up and stopped.

I'd like to get back into it, but aside from RPing, I just don't have the confidence. Perhaps i'll attempt to do it, I do want to be a teacher after-all, going to have to write a bit for that.

• 2 months later...

nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Metahuman-Hacks-Government-Database.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: August 22, 2008

BETHESDA (AP) -- Today, infamous metahuman hacker Killa Byte once again claims to have "liberated crucial info critical to metahuman survival" from an unnamed U.S. government agency. Killa Byte's press release goes on to claim that prestigious researcher Dr. Viktor Archeville, founder of the ArcheTech Research Corporation, is "a threat to metahumans everywhere as he continues to provide aid to governments around the world in imprisoning and exterminating our people."

As many will remember, Killa Byte was responsible last year for a number of hacking incidents, most notably the theft and publication of the Turnbull Memo in which then Wisconsin Governor Archibald Turnbull expressed interest in lacing his state's drinking water with hydropropylalchemase (HPA), a chemical believed by many to suppress metahuman abilities.

Killa Byte has said that he will release the top-secret files to the world later today. Dr. Archeville or another representative of the ArcheTech Corporation could not be reached for comment.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DOMINION, Virginia, August 22, 2008 - ArcheTech Research Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRC) announced today that it was surprised to learn that the research it had been doing on behalf of the U.S. government had been classified top-secret and had not, as they had been informed, been released to the larger law enforcement community to be used for the protection of the American citizenry.

"This information has always been intended to be available to the world," said Dr. Viktor Archeville, speaking from his research lab. "Only through the study and sharing of information gleaned from the metahuman community can the human race continue to advance and thrive in our quickly changing universe. Here at ArcheTech, it is our sole goal to keep the human race informed of metahuman developments and to provide all people with the tools to adapt to those developments. It is unfortunate that many of those that fund our research wish to hide that information from those who could best benefit from it."

"We have spoken to the funding agency involved in this unfortunate situation," said Karl Erickssen, a spokesman for ArcheTech, "and have secured an agreement that will allow us to release the files in question to the public. Much of this information is of a technical nature, as it involves metahuman scientific principles, but we are confident that there is nothing in the report that is dangerous to national security."

The report in questioned, entitled ArcheTech Special Report: An Assortment of Armor, is an in-depth look at battlesuits and powered armor from across the globe, and beyond! Containing not only information on the basics of powered armor, but also descriptions of nearly 50 different suits, including:

[*:2upzs2gj]The ACE, APE, and ARGO Suits from Steif Incorporated.
    [*:2upzs2gj]The Donoumaium Battlesuit of Maban, Champion of Australia
    [*:2upzs2gj]Flamabelle's Pyrokinetic Armor
    [*:2upzs2gj]Professor Compressor's MEGO Exoframe
    [*:2upzs2gj]The sinister Science Squid's multi-limbed battlesuit

In addition to discussion of purely technological armors, the report also includes a section on magical suits, written by Eirene von Mookenstein.

ArcheTech: Architects of the Future!

About ArcheTech Research Corporation

ArcheTech's research and innovative technologies assist millions of people around the world to adjust to the metahuman events that are shaping our universe. Founded in 1963 by Dr. Viktor Archeville, ArcheTech today is a top researcher and developer in all major global markets. ArcheTech is headquartered in Dominion, VA with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.

• 2 weeks later...