Christmas Stories

With the holiday just around the corner I thought it would be a nice idea to have three, or more as Freedom City is a big place, Christmas themed social threads. We'd have one fir each city, no Space-Christmas I'm afraid suitable to each cities style and tone, and as such I'm ooen to peoples ideas.

Ideally we'd start fairly early, I was thinking the rear end of November to give people plenty of time to get involved.

Yaay Christmas!  Adept may be a real Grinch (which might not, perhaps, actually keep him out of such threads; I like putting him in situations where his grumpiness ends up being funny, rather than unpleasant or a mood-killer for other players), but Leviathan is usually easier to get along with.  Perhaps this could combine or overlap with Alderwich's idea from another thread?

Vignette Proposal

Month: December, 2016

Event Tie In: Potentially!

Concept: A blizzard (either mundane or not!), hits and hits hard. The vignette provides opportunities for characters to be snowed in together, caught in the weather, or just dealing with inclement weather. There's a potential for a concurrent thread dealing with the weather's source if its supernatural. I might even be willing to run that thread, especially if AD will give me back up on dealing with combat. (I hate running combat so much).

Hmm... who would get together with Torpedo Lass on a stormy holiday night?

Then again if there was a storm TL would be out at sea ready for rescues anyways.

Who among the Claremonters would be snowed in? Endeavor I know stays on campus for the holidays... science never takes a holiday for her.

That's what she gets for letting it go. I'll show myself out...

...right after I say that there's a great place for the relatively unattached or cooking impaired to find themselves in the middle of a Christmas blizzard. Queenie's restaurant, the Southern Queen. And a Claremont threads for each dorm sounds interesting to me.

On 11/1/2016 at 4:00 PM, The Sailor said:

Hmm... who would get together with Torpedo Lass on a stormy holiday night?

Then again if there was a storm TL would be out at sea ready for rescues anyways.

Well, you said a while back in the Chat that it might be fun to link up Torpedo Lass and Leviathan.  I'd like for him to perhaps be involved in something more Christmas-y too, if any appropriate threads come up, but it's pretty easy to shuffle timeslots around.  So, perhaps just as the blizzard starts to sweep in, Tristan is out in the Great Bay with a small research team, and they aren't able to outrun the storm (you'd think that he could check a weather App well in advance, but whatever; for all I know, by the time the Event kicks off, it might be a magical blizzard or something).  Cue Torpedo Lass to the rescue!

That by itself sounds mostly like a social thread, so if you like, we could spice it up somehow.  Perhaps the violent storm awakens something sleeping in the depths, and we have to do battle with a giant sea monster, while also keeping it from harming the other scientists--or worse, moving inland and attacking the city itself.

Sounds like one heck of a time. Not that the cold bothers Torpedo Lass anyways.

And punching out a monster sounds like fun.

There is a interesting little swerve... what if the monster is mechanical? A secret little experiment by a mad scientist, and the storm they're using as cover to move undetected?

Edited by The Sailor

For a tiny Jewish girl, Lynn loves Christmas, mostly because it involves decorating and giving gifts. Like Adept, Gretchen tends to be kind of grumpy, which makes it funny when she's surrounded by good cheer.

Casey normally spends Christmas with her extended family at a rented cabin in Aspen, though she might make an exception for a visit.

All of these ladies fly, so being snowed in is less of an issue, though a nasty blizzard might make flying hazardous. 

13 hours ago, The Sailor said:

Sounds like one heck of a time. Not that the cold bothers Torpedo Lass anyways.

And punching out a monster sounds like fun.

There is a interesting little swerve... what if the monster is mechanical? A secret little experiment by a mad scientist, and the storm they're using as cover to move undetected?

That works for me, sure.  I assume that such a scientist would merely be taking advantage of the blizzard instead of personally starting it somehow, unless everybody else just likes that idea (Alderwitch in particular, this being her Event and all). 

Also, would you like to run this game, or should I?  I figure we should nail that bit down, so the GM can have plenty of time to start planning. 

On 11/5/2016 at 5:53 AM, Blarghy said:

That works for me, sure.  I assume that such a scientist would merely be taking advantage of the blizzard instead of personally starting it somehow, unless everybody else just likes that idea (Alderwitch in particular, this being her Event and all). 

Also, would you like to run this game, or should I?  I figure we should nail that bit down, so the GM can have plenty of time to start planning. 

I'll toss something your way this coming week. Things are starting to loosen up, and I think I could hack running something. And yes, the scientist would be taking advantage of the storm. (I mean what better way than to hide evidence... wait did I say that?)