The Young Woman and the Sea [OOC]

Blarghy

Hmmm...I think moving to Interpose CE1 makes the most sense; since she's still standing and therefore her shotgun is much closer to the guard. CE2 is on the ground and therefore at more of a disadvantage, as well as being the crappiest of all the CEs, and therefore hopefully a worse shot.

I'm thinking of bringing her heatvision into play with the classic 'oh, my gun's red hot!' trick; can she still do that if she Interposes? Forgive my lack of rules knowledge after playing this game since 2008; I'm just very rules dumb, and usually don't have my book with me.

Edited by Heritage
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think MG can attack just yet; she'll have to wait for her next turn.  But when that rolls around, then sure, that sounds fine!  I think that in addition to you damaging whichever weapon you choose, I'll give the holder a Will save to withstand the pain or drop it. 

Also, note that being Prone does indeed give an attack penalty...but only to making melee attacks.  Furthermore, unless you're adjacent to a Prone character, they get a bonus against ranged attacks.  So, if you use heat vision against one of the women on the ground, you'll actually be at a disadvantage unless you're right next to them (Prone doesn't negate your Dodge bonus, apparently). 

Ok, the rolls.  The shotguns, having solid slugs, do juuuuust enough damage to get past MG's Impervious ranks, unlike the teleporter with his quaint little baseball bat empty hands. 

CE Prime, attacking MG directly: Attack: 1d20+14 33

CE1, attacking MG indirectly: Attack: 1d20+12 30

CE2, attacking the second security guard: Attack: 1d20+10 26

Three hits, unfortunately.  Gimme two Toughness checks, DC21. 

And the security guard: Toughness: 1d20+4 18  He fails by 3, but he's also a Minion, so he's going down instead of just taking a Bruise (non-lethally, of course; no reason to get too dark with this particular game).

If you want, you can make an IC post detailing MG's Interpose/getting shot/reacting, or you can wait.  It's your call. 

Edited by Blarghy

Looks good.  The two Prone Copy Errors will use their remaining Move Actions to stand back up, and the third one moves so that the security guard is between her and MG.  Temporal Displacement then bugs out of there, at least for the purpose of this round of combat, which brings us back to your turn.

Name                    HPs    Initiative    Damage     Status Conditions

Miracle Girl            2      24            None       None

Security Guard          N/A    13            None       None

Copy Error Prime        N/A    10            None       None

Copy Error 1            N/A    10            None       None

Copy Error 2            N/A    10            None       None

Temporal Displacement   N/A    7             None       None

Leviathan               1      N/A           None       None

Much better.  I'd rather keep the same font throughout, but this makes the rows line up a lot cleaner. 

Hmm...there was a trick I did with MG in another thread, and if you're okay with it, I'd like to try it here, too. Protecting innocents will always be Casey's number one priority, and the panicking crowd has her worried. What she did before was use her Communication ability to hijack a PA system to calm a panicked crowd; my rationale is that in the age of Wifi and Bluetooth, there is probably some way to use a radio signal to override a PA. If you're cool with that, that's what she'd do with her action; she may move somewhere as well.

Sure, that's fine.  It's reasonable for the lobby to have a PA system.  Shame that it'll cost her this round's action, but it's not like the gunwomen pose much of a serious threat to her at the moment anyway.  Just giving instructions won't cost you anything, but if you want to calm the crowd and be a voice of reason, I think I'll want a Diplomacy check. 

Sunder attempts use the same Defense as the person holding them, I believe (you should look into the Improved Sunder feat for Casey, if you like this kind of tactic; it seems to suit her), so both of those actually hit, thanks to the penalties that the duplicates take.  Unfortunately the guns are actual guns, so CE2s weapon doesn't suffer the same problems that she does.

I'm not a gunsmith, but I'll base their Toughness bonuses on iron, from the core table.  Guns seem like they should be pretty delicate instruments, though, so I'll lower it a bit further to +6. 

Toughness: 1d20+6 20  Injured but not Disabled, so sadly, CE Prime's weapon still functions.

Toughness: 1d20+6 9 CE2, however, is now unarmed!  And just for the sake of the argument...

Will: 1d20+5 14 ...She also drops it.  I feel like I kind of owe you for that wasted Natural 20 on your earlier Toughness save, so I'll see if having a red hot gun melting all over her hands does damage too, rules be damned, albeit at a slightly lower DC.

Toughness: 1d20+6 21  Sadly not.  Still, she's unarmed, which is something.

So just to clarify, she squeezed CE Prime's gun, but didn't Disable it or Disarm her? Is she just sort of holding it then?

And CE 2's gun got hot, got slagged and then she dropped it? Just sort of confused by you saying she's unarmed, and then she drops it.

The Will save was pretty silly in hindsight, but yes, CE2 no longer has a gun to hold even if she wanted to. 

I'm not sure about letting you get a free Disarm attempt with the other attack.  Letting MG hang onto the barrel or whatever would imply that, so I'd rather that you phrased your post as some kind of strike (or specify that she lets it go afterward, for whatever reason). 

Are you spending a Hero Point for this Surge to get two attacks in one turn, or will you prefer to leave MG Fatigued?

Alright, the security guard will continue to delay, so the various Copy Errors take action.  Prime will shoot again, and CE2 (now unarmed) will jump into melee with Miracle Girl to perform a Teamwork action for CE1, who shoves the guard aside (meaning she's no longer using him for cover) and fires as well (without the usual penalties for shooting toward an ally, as Copy Error has the Precise Shot feat). 

Attack: 1d20+14 19

Teamwork: 1d20+10 26

Attack: 1d20+14 23

Two more Toughness checks, DC21. 

Shortly thereafter, Temporal Displacement reappears behind MG and attempts to make a Surprise Attack using a piece of metal he scavenged as a club.  Make a Notice check versus...

Stealth: 1d20+2 16  Nothing, apparently; MG can make that without having to roll, thanks to her Skill Mastery.  He swings anyway, making an amateur Power Attack for +2 damage, bringing him past her Impervious threshold.

Attack: 1d20+13 29

That'll be a third Toughness check, DC22.  I'll post IC, and then it's back to you.

Miracle Girl            1      24            None       None

Copy Error 2            N/A    10            None       Unarmed

Indeed.  Feel free to phrase it as light damage as best, in your IC post; MG is only taking on a Bruise, after all.

Miracle Girl            1      24            Bruise 1   None

Sadly it does not; this guy's Defense-shifted.  MG would've hit any of the gunwomen with that swing, though, and I'm ok with her realizing this and adjusting her tactics accordingly, if you want. 

We'll say that the security guard lays flat, to stay out of harm's way.  The various Copy Errors repeat the same actions as the previous round: the unarmed one (CE2) makes another Teamwork action (for CE1), and the two with guns step back for more distance from one another, in case MG tries to hit them all with another Area attack, and shoot at her again.

Teamwork: 1d20+10 16

Attack: 1d20+14 24

Attack: 1d20+14 26

Two Toughness checks, DC21.  Remember that you take a -1 penalty thanks to that Bruise.

Temporal Displacement, meanwhile, will try to Demoralize you with his Taunt feat.  Note that I'm applying his Attractive feat, which I assume is appropriate; if you think it isn't, then I'm open to reconsidering it, though.

Bluff: 1d20+16 27  Looks like your Bluff (with Attractive) and Will bonuses are both the same, so feel free to use either to save against it.  Failure will mean that MG is Shaken for one round. 

Finally, I think that Leviathan can come in next round.  Let's see when he'll arrive.

Initiative: 1d20+0 8  Not quite last, but close to it.  Well and good. 

On a different note, I think I saw that you'd recently submitted some edits for MG?  I'm fine with using the new sheet, if it's approved before combat ends.  Also though, don't forget that several of your skills have incorrect bonuses, like I said back at the beginning of this game.  Might want to adjust those, while you're already making changes. 

Miracle Girl            1      24            Bruise 1   None

Security Guard          N/A    13            None       Prone

Leviathan               1      8             None       None

Thanks for the reminder about Pilot and Stealth; I fixed the Wisdom-based errors, but forgot the Dexterity-based ones. Moved some skull points around to give her a boost in Notice.

Traditionally I don't use the new build until new threads started after the update's been approved; I think it just keeps me more honest. Plus there's no way she wouldn't have used her Freeze Breath by now if she hadn't had access to it...although a Power Stunt isn't a bad idea at all...

The ladies and their shotguns are really starting to annoy her, although not as much as the Irish git; she'll blow an HP on the following effect, targeting the Copy Errors:

Freezing Breath, Selective Cone Damage 8 (Flaw: Full Round Action, 80' cone) DC23 Toughness Save. If they have any feats that apply to area effects like Evasion, obviously they would be active here.

But I'm getting ahead of myself; let's roll some saves!

Toughness save 1: 1d20+11=17 Oh dear, they're really starting to get through now; I think that means her next save is at an additional -1, then?

Toughness save 2: 1d20+10=15 Man, they are pissing her off now! The cavalry can't arrive soon enough!

Okay, hoping to avoid the hat trick with the Taunt here; let's call it a Will save. I'm fine with his Attractive applying here.

Will save: 1d20+10=15 

Jaysus Chroist, what a crappy set of rolls! Can she still use her Breath Weapon?

Edited by Heritage