Doom Race!

Quinn

It's come to the attention of some heroes that there has been a distinct increase in the amount of illegal street racing taking place in Freedom City over the past month! The police force has been run ragged trying to keep up, and traffic division has gotten particularly overwhelmed by the number of ridiculous stunts and crazy getaways being pulled off - moreso as AEGIS has noted and disseminated the arrival of known world-class drivers arriving in town. Scuttlebutt says something big's in the wind - something called...

The Ben Hur Invitational.

That's right, boys and girls, the Circus Maximus is bringing thrills and chills and spills of supercharged fast cars and illegal street racing to our fair city! Watch as souped-up muscle cars bull through the interior of malls risking consumer life and limb as they weave through different stores (new Oldsmobiles are in early this year) - scream as a Volkswagen Beetle augmented with mad SUPER SCIENCE! burns lines through the sky, narrowly missing major office buildings in the city center - swoon as a trio of multicolored Mini Coopers bust through a bank carrying piles and piles of gold bullion as part of one race challenge!

It's a mad, mad, mad, MAD pursuit, with the heroes of Freedom City caught right in the middle! I'm taking up to four speed-fancier volunteers game to try their luck in hot pursuit; PLs of all kinds - in up to three threads. That's up to 12 volunteers, folks.

Gentlemen - start your engines!

Edited by Quinn

And that's a four-person group (Queenie, Thoughtspeed, Miracle Girl, Ace Danger), with two potential others (Midnight/Redbird, Phalanx)!

Barring mishap, we'll have a thread up for that first group starting next week, and once we either see more people or I cook up a two-man idea, we'll have a second thread up not long after. :)

Edited by Quinn
12 hours ago, Quinn said:

And that's a four-person group (Queenie, Thoughtspeed, Miracle Girl, Ace Danger), with two potential others (Midnight/Redbird, Phalanx)!

Barring mishap, we'll have a thread up for that first group starting next week, and once we either see more people or I cook up a two-man idea, we'll have a second thread up not long after. :)

Any possibility the 2nd thread could include Nevermore? Really wanting to "stretch his legs" when it comes to vehicular action. 

So Phalanx has " Holding Back: Phalanx holds to the genre conventions that you do not open with your most powerful attack. He'll usually pull his early punches and try for non damaging attacks like disarms and grapples until a foe proves too strong or durable at which point he'll begin to ramp up. "  on his sheet to help out with power balance if that is a concern with Nevermore Quinn.  (Usually I pull his punches to an effective PL of whatever the average is in the group)  But even barring that I'm Ok with stepping him out to make room for Nevermore since I have Ace in the other thread.  Or vice versa if that would be a better fit.  I don't 'need' characters in all the threads :D

4 hours ago, Quinn said:

Sounds good to me! Midnight, Phalanx, and Nevermore in Thread 2. Assuming nobody else pops in to sign up today, threads will be going up tomorrow evening. ^_^

I will endeavor to make sure I have a build for the Unkindness up in the Edit thread, so that if nothing else we can dramatically wreck the Talon and replace it with The Unkindness.

And it's SHOWTIME, ladies and gentlemen! Start your engines!

http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/9331-ben-hur-invitational-five-stars-ic/#comment-247203 - Queenie, Thoughtspeed, Miracle Girl, and Ace Danger, you four are pursuing a trio of car thieves booking across the Boardwalk in stolen super-expensive sports cars! Can you recover the vehicles without trashing them?

http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/9333-the-ben-hur-invitational-self-preservation-society-ic/ - Phalanx, Midnight, and Nevermore, you three are pursuing a quartet of bank robbers who just pulled off the heist of the century! It's a hot pursuit in the City Centre to who knows where - can you figure out which car has the cash and where they're taking it?