Preying Mantis (OOC)

Blarghy

Indeed.  Rather than repeating the last round, only sans Hero Points, I think this is the perfect time to use an idea I kept in reserve.  One of the AEGIS Minions has a plan, which forces Mantis to spend his next turn simply flying, and so Upgrade, being much faster, can both pursue him and attack again, unless you have a different tactic.  Back to you after I make the IC post.

Name       HPs   Initiative    Damage      Status Conditions

Adept        0        27               None           Unconscious

Mantis       N/A    16               Bruise 2       None

Upgrade    0        10              Bruise 1       None

Hmmm.  By moving all-out, Mantis loses his Dodge bonus (dropping down to a mere 12 Defense) but gains +6 for his Flight, which is still overall good for you.  With Autofire, you beat his Defense by 6 points, so that's +3 points of damage, for a total DC29.  His Toughness bonus is, of course, also brought down by those Bruises. 

Toughness: 1d20+12 14

Failure by 15!  Done and done!  As you probably know, I intend for this mean cyborg to return again in the future, and so, I'll be using GM Fiat to negate the Unconscious condition.  Nonetheless, he does drop, you get a final Hero Point to use in the epilogue if you wish (maybe on any social rolls you decide to make when you rally the townsfolk for that drink), and the day is saved by Upgrade. 

I will also remind you, however, that one home back in Wallders is fully engulfed in flames by this point in time, and it is in real danger of spreading.  I don't feel the need to let Orokos mess this up, but Upgrade is certainly in the best position to do something about it, if you can think of a possible solution. 

Name       HPs   Initiative    Damage      Status Conditions

Adept        0        27               None           Unconscious

Upgrade    1        10              Bruise 1       None

Mmm...Mantis' flamethrower is a higher rank than that, but since you get to keep those power stunts for an entire encounter (glad I learned that in our last game!), whereas Mantis isn't continuously standing there fighting you, I'll allow it.  You're fighting the ongoing effects of his jerkery, not the villain himself.  Upgrade will just have to work at it for a bit instead of nixing the issue in an easy round. 

Ok, we're moving to the epilogue.  On reflection, I don't see much point in playing out the bar scene in any real detail; feel free to summarize it yourself (I don't need to give you a chance to spend that last Hero Point after all), and then we'll move to Warne's hospital room in Bluefield, where Becker will debrief him and Stone via TV conference.  You can introduce that scene with your next post if you like, or just leave me a good stopping place to do it myself, as you choose. 

Edited by Blarghy