Roulette was grateful for Aquaria's sudden interruption.  It bought the bounty hunter to think of what to say.  Once more finding himself at a loss for words.  When Bliss unloaded on him it was usually over someone she wanted to kill.  When Ruby did it was usually over how much she wanted to kill Roulette in that moment or some strange unintelligable slang with a howdy here or there.  Raw emotional baggage was new territory.

At least for the 'upstanding' citizen that was Roulette.  Conman Stahnze Turk had a few wheels he could set in motion with the information given.  Instead he reached out and placed a hand on  Cavalier's shoulder.  A curt nod followed, but with no words accompanying.  He would save his response for a quieter moment.  Admittedly, it was a bit optimistic to believe there would be a better moment.  As that would imply they were even getting out of this situation to begin with.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sea Devil, Singularity, and their companions joined the other travelers - Aquaria's faceplate translucent to show the froggy face within, a pale shadow of the great green, sticky spawn of the stars that lay beneath the mountain and slumbered in the content of a Thing that had begun to move beyond the worlds entirely. We must sing her song for her, thought Aquaria. What she said was, "If Cavalier and I take to the sky, we can spot the unseen things - and warn the rest of you for the battle. Stay here, Singularity," she croaked softly to Jessie. She knew that the day, with its many small madnesses, had unnerved her friend and so was determined to make sure she stayed calm. "I will stay safe until we are together again." With that, she took off into the sky with a single fantastic leap, the warm electric hum of Spectrum Knight armor a symbol of an ancient past - and a dawning future that might yet be. 

• 2 weeks later...

"I will follow then.  I am upsettings the natives enough.  Unless I can..."  And then Aquaria lept away... and Bliss sighed a bit, looking to Cavalier, "Nevermind riding along."

She shrugged a bit, and looked back to Stahnze, "You can ride on my back as we move after them."  This was not the first time that she had offered such, despite her bristly behavior, she was fully capable of co-operating once action was decided upon.  That and she was done arguing with everyone.  She wanted to hit things.  And return to the timeline.  And spend money.  And get drunk and not think about this place for a couple years.

• 3 weeks later...

"All right," said Cavalier, adjusting the couplings on his armor to make sure the power matrix was still holding. "I kinda actually do want to see more of this planet. See how far they've come." He took the sky, ensuring that the others were following after - or, in Jessie's case, at least staying within visual range. The city behind them soon faded, giving way to a verdant forest... but the forest was not entirely empty. There were clearings cut into it, with small camps that likely served as logging installations. Guessing even Lor tech needs a boost from raw materials. A few tall towers rose above the trees, likely serving as watchpoints for these "titans."

Cavalier's gaze swept past the forest to a snow-capped mountain at the far end of the woods. The stars crested the mountain, and a boreal light shone down on the snowy cap. Soon, however, Cavalier realized that the light seemed to be floating right above the mountain in small strands, trailing up like smoke. 

He broadcast to the others, "I don't know if that's sufficiently temporally twisted, but it might merit a look."