An Apology And A Plan

Kaige

So I came to this site over the summer, and I had tremendous energy and excitement, and I jumped in with all my ideas and the threads I could run. And then the school year started, and my energy totally evaporated. I went from posting every day to every two days, then every four. And that is not what I promised and not what I wanted, and I'm sorry. I put a lot of effort into the Bedlam setting, and its a setting I still love and want to see grow and be successful on the board, but my job is almost literally killing me and I come home every day feeling extremely defeated, which is not good for my muse.

So I need to do better, because I want to be a part of the site and see Bedlam continue and reward the trust the staff have put in me by making me a guide. I plan to do my utmost to finish my current threads, provided people are still interested after my slowdown, but then I plan to cut back on running threads and focus on contributing to the Guidebook. My hope is that I can get some other brave souls to run some Bedlam adventures. I'd be happy (frankly eager) to provide adventure ideas and even detailed breakdowns of threads you could run, but I don't think I'm capable of being a consistent, engaging GM at this point in my life.

I'm genuinely sorry to have promised so much and delivered so little. I plan to contribute as much as I can to this site, which is a remarkable and unique place, but right now I can only manage it in bursts.

Kaige, you have been a real pleasure to have on the site and an incredible asset. 

You don't need to feel bad at all about what you've done or the burden you've carried - you have delivered a tremendous amount already. I for one am delighted with what you've done.

I'm glad you're doing what you need to do for work-life balance and sanity - and glad you'll be sticking around, even in a reduced capacity for the moment. 

I look forward to seeing more of you!