Dreadnought

Exaccus

20Qs

1. Where is your hero from? Liverpool England

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would? Huge and handsome! though others might disagree.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms? he tends to favor direct and informal words and is a little blunt about things.

4. What is your hero's motivation? To do Right and Fear Not; Reconcile with his wayward brother and protect the innocent be it from super villains, oppression or abusive relationships.

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses? The Nigh invulnerability granted by the Darwin-X strain he became infected with is a great asset to his crime fighting, his psychological trauma from events preceeding his rehoming prove to be a vulnerability.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate? He loves good food, drink and friends; pretty ladies and fun; He despises with every fiber of his being abusive authority figures, from parents to goverments or monarchs.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state? Fragile but jovial, determined to rise above and cast down his demons.

8. What does your hero fear the most? Loosing Control

9. What is your character's greatest ambition? To reconcile with his brother.

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it? that everyones stuck here together so they should really try to get along and his duty is to try and leave places better than he found them and foster as much good will as he can.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others? He has a great distrust of corporations and goverments that he feels are too big to care about anything but their own agendas.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order? He feels loyalty primarily towards his co-workers at the shipyards, Vanguard, the various street gangs (the none violent ones anyway.) and his brother.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now? Though he's had quite a few lady friends before he gained his mighty frame none of those relationships proved anything more than a swing.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like? Only his missing brother Peter with whom he had a strained relationship before the incident that granted them both powers, though it is now mostly one sided animosity

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her? Huge and clumsy but well meaning 

16. Is your hero a role model? He tries his best to be.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a relgious tradition? He's more focused on the here and now than the hereafter and is an atheist.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? He's Signed up with The Vanguard and by Extension there of UNISON

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth? He believes that everyone should get a fair shake, what they do with it is on them personally.

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be? A burden shared is a burden Halved.

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
Joseph Walker, The Indestructable Dreadnought

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Other than Dreadnought? Not really; though some people call me Dread or Dreaddy for short.

What is your full birth name?
Joseph Walker

Where do you live?
specialized accomodation in liverpool.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
20, born 1996 August 2nd

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
I consider myself Male

How would you describe your heritage?
Murky at best.

How tall are you?
I used to be 5'11 but after my run in with darwin-X im now 9'5"

What is your body type?
Large and bulky, though not quite muscular yet, really gotta hit the gym.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
Not that I am aware of, though they reckon magic would affect me pretty strong.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
Im like a charging bull elephant weather i want to be or not, something weird about my body makes me louder than i should be.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 

Uhh, Lightly tanned Caucasian, Dark Brown and Jet black.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
Short and neat, I tend to shave off any facial hair shortly after it grows.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Well, Id like to think so, however its pretty difficult to put the moves on someone when you're 2 tons and 10ft tall.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
Nah, nothing like quite like that.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
I suppose it could be said i look like Desperate Dan.

Do you have a dominant hand?
Im Left handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Durable kind!

Do you wear makeup?
Nah, not really my thing.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I've got quite a deep voice that booms when it shouldn't.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 

I Tend to Scratch my head when im on edge or nervous, don't think it annoys anyone though, unless im wearing my helmet at the time, then its a bit high pitched on the metal.

History

Where do you come from?
Liverpool boy, born and raised

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Nah, ive always lived here..practically a fixture at this point i reckon.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
I feel loyal to my fellow man, though if patriotism is blind obedience to a big organization im not in the least bit a patriot.

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
Its not perfect, nowhere is, but its home and it'll always be the place i feel i most belong.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Liverpool? its in the south of england, big city place on the coast, famous shipping industry and port town of yesteryear.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
I guess? was a bit of a delinquent when i was a lad ya know? never did any damage like, but not exactly a model citizen.
Was even in a street gang for a while.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
Not that i can mention, only ever been Strong an' Tough, got a job at the shipyard in unskilled labour.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
Death of my adoptive parents i guess, got done in by the darwin-X....and my brother Peter's disappearance.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
I guess it would have to be the night terrors i used to have, shadowy figure looming over me pummeling me.
Made me a bit more considerate of other people.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
haha, Plenty! Like i said i was in a street gang for a while, we did all kinds of dumb stuff in the name of rebellion.
Smoking, drinking; coughing up my lungs and chucking up into the mersey river.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
Kinda dropped out after highschool, clearly wasn't the academic type, peter went on to college and was going to start University but...
I went to the local highschool, St. Mathews

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
I guess...my Surname, keepsake from my folks.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
Kinda had it forced upon me honestly, but i would've Done it eventually, can't stand the sight of people suffering.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
Nah, im true and blue about that kinda stuff.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
I guess id have to go with my abusive birth father and my absent birth mother...but i'd rather not give them too much sway over my life.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
I guess i pretend to be a lot happier than i really am; Being a superhero is about being a symbol as much as doin good and kickin' Arse.
A symbol of justice 'n' hope and that, doesn't do to be moping around.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
Fear? I think i'd be most worried about the fallout that followed, people would start to doubt heroes and there intentions.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
Eh got done a few times for minor misbehaving...nothing serious.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
Daniel Oleander and I dunno my mum's name, she left pretty much as soon as she could.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
Not fer long, social services picked up on what was goin' on and i got rehoused pretty dark quick.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
Drunkard and harlot if i had to guess.

Where are your parents now?
Don't know, Don't much care to find out.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
Dad barely moved from his dang flat, let alone liverpool.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
Not very well. i don't want anythin to do with em.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
Probably like they always did, something to blame or abandon.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Just peter, not sure where he is but im hoping to run into him some day; our relationship was a touch strained when i last saw him but hey, never too late to rebuild bridges...right?

What was your birth order in the family?
I was first and only in my biological family and eldest son in my adoptive one.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
I don't know but i hope to find out.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
We were never on the best terms but we're both adults now im sure we can work out any misgivings.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
He's my brother, its practically my job to love and hate him, Heh!

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
Peter's the last living relative i want anything to do with.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Not that im aware of.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
I dunno and im not very intrested in it to be honest, men make their own destiny.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
Nah.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I guess i would, gonna be pretty intresting to see how that pans out, but im not quite done being a party boy yet.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
I guess someone who loved me and didn't treat me or our kids like objects.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Getting to know the folks in vanguard pretty well.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Nah, favorites never works out well for anyone.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Probably the lads at the shipyard, the folks at vanguard, the ministry of powers and maybe a few of the street gangs.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
I dunno if any of them were really love but ive been dropped the morning after plenty of times, feels bad but not what i'd call heartache.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
I guess the villains Me and vanguard stomp on but other than that? Can't think of anyone.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
prolly in the usual way, specialized death traps and henchmen, maybe a bit of meddlin in my personal life.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
my father beating seven bells outta me when i was a kid.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
People,  Peter, Vanguard and any other organization that gains my trust after that.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
I trust in people, the everyday men and women of the world, that they want peaceful and happy lives, truth and justice and all that good stuff.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
I don't like big organizations, they don't tend to care about what happens to the "Small Folk" that they're usually supposed to be lookin' after..to preoccupied with their own pursuits...money, prestige, acclaim those kinda transient things.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Stoutness of spirit, Determination and the ability to kick butt; Im quite certain i have at least two of those down.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Cowardice, Selfishness and abusive behaviour.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
Nah, too much bother, not that easy to hide being 9'5" and 2 tons.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I try to co-ordinate with the other members of vanguard and do what im supposed too, not to hot at the tactics and such myself so i always appreciate a solid plan when one's offered up.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
Im a member of the vanguard, no outright animosity between me and the members just yet but idelogical diffrences are bound to make things sour now and again.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Im a member of the ironclad charity for disadvantaged children, gotta try and raise awareness for the cause and that.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
Th' centurion of course, ain't nobody not looked up to him, the pinnacle o' heroism.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
nah, i just accept that they're like me, only human beneath all the powers 'n' stuff.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
Yeah i do, its pretty neat to be able to bench a small building!

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Switch Sides? Never! I wouldn't hesitate to give up hero work if it turned out i was doin' more harm than good though.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Find my brother and reconcile with him.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
what im doing now, fighting the good fight and livin' life to the fullest.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
i get real freaked out in enclosed spaces, start panicking and lashing out, real bad ya know? getting twitchy with super powers Ain't never a good thing.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
I Guess we'll have to find out if it ever comes up.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
To me, its fleeting, a means to a end, but to the kids we support at the ironclad? the diffrence between life 'n' death in some cases.

How do you generally treat others?
As i Would like to be treated, were i not super strong and tough.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
I think everyone deserves a second chance, third even, but three strikes and they're out.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I've always been a bit of a party animal, but i can appreciate some alone time as much as the next guy.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
Smooth and respectful of course.

What are your most annoying habits?
If i had to pick one, It'd probably be my whistling

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Abusive authority figures, drug dealers and violent criminals.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
Im fond of a good pie and chips, though i quite like world foods and i'll try anythin once.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Guilty pleasure is Cola, sometimes with whiskey.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
I absolubtly adore a Mr Whippy.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Fish, in particular Raw or Fermented fish, i can't believe some folks even consider that,
food.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
Im quite fond of Red, Purple and Gold, not too fond of flurescent yellow or biege.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
Im a metalhead through and through, Iron Maiden, Man-o-War, you name it.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
I quite like the smell of oil and metal, though that might just be from working in the drydocks.

Do you have a favorite animal?
Like all animals but if i had to pick one, reindeer.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
I Treasure anything from my adoptive folks, ya know? even small knick knacks like thimbles and junk. 

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
Im quite a outdoorsman! but its always nice to be able to come home to warm water and a hot meal.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Riot Control; too much chaos and oppertunity for stuff to go sour.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
I like to think of muh self as a philosopher, even if its just a barstool one.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
not in particular, i believe my folks were christians but they never pushed it on me.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
I Had to sit through some sermons to get into my highschool, bein a CoE school, a lot of it i agreed with, but there are just those few stickin' points that i can't reconcile.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
No, I don't believe in it.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
I guess just my own fearing for my life when i was a kid.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
No, there's always another answer, killing is vengence and never justice.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
I would attempt to stop it of course, but failing that I'd most likely restrain the killer and turn them in; though i might turn a blind eye to a friend.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
i'd be pretty bloody upset!

How would you react to public humiliation?
I'd grumble and groan and try to live it down.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I'd be Extremely Upset.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
I think the most heinous crime a person can commit is rape.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
In order I'd have a hot shower, have a fairwell Drink, tie up any loose ends, have one last mr whippy and then Take down as many villains as i could.
before biting it.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Im quite a bar-room brawler but i've no training to speak of, so much as experience.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
The foes i've fought, they don't have no hesitation about pushing ya as hard as they can.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
Not really, guess i put a lotta work into being big and scary so i don't go having to punch folks who can't take it.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
Aye, I got a good job down on the shipyard, moving and scrapping metal.

What is your preferred combat style?
Improvised, ain't much for styles as such.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
nah, but then thats not what its all about.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I'd like to get better at talkin' to folks, avoid any fights that can be avoided.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I try and learn, the race is long and its only with ourselves.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Wake up, hit the shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner or maybe go out and then sleep.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I used to be quite into collecting navy and maritime stuff, been a bit busy to keep up with it.

What do you do for fun?
Hit the town with a fat packet of wages.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
I do, its mostly improvised at the moment, scraps from the shipyard me and my mates welded and rivited together.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Im quite fond of proper trousers, never was a big fan of sweat pants, and a nice shirt to go with.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
I have a pretty sweet set of nightware light cotton stuff.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
Nah, I got a wristwatch but i need to have the strap extended if i wanna wear it, but i don't want it gettin smashed up.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
nah, money goes in the bank, my bits and bobs are of no real value to anyone but me.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
I enjoy a good jog, Really helps that i don't get tired no more.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
Nah, might not need too, Doc tells me Ive got a literal immunity to that kinda junk. kinda sad i'll have to watch my friends die though.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
I guess dental records, or maybe fingerprints.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
Being unstoppable, particularly by villains, i want em to have nightmares about me even if someone does manage to bring me down.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
I don't intend to but if im honest, any highly trained or metahuman individual has the potential to pose a threat to the every day men and women of the world.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
Im hella tough, though, a bit flabby at the moment.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
lack of trainin'

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

"Don't try to find a sense of good in your family, try to find a sense of family in the good."

Edited by Exaccus