Suddenly, there was light. It was tinted blue, but present nonetheless. It came from where Cobalt Templar was standing. After a moment, it was clear he had a squared flashlight of sorts strapped to his shoulder. Likely conjured by his powers. His hands held several more such small harnesses and lights. He gave a slightly sheepish grin.

"I've got enough for everyone. If you want them. Wouldn't mind Mark giving us more light; these might go 'poof' if we get into the thick of it, but they'll do for now at least."

He offered up enough to equip everyone, though if some of his companions refused, he would simply dismiss the hard-light constructs. 

Between Mark's powers and Corbin's, they were able to get some illumination in the dark, alien tunnel network inside the mountain.

What they found was a grim scene - twisted corridors that seemed to run over and under each other with no particular rhyme or reason, oddly-shaped chambers still adorned with strange pieces of alien machinery marred with the signs of various sorts of gore. The larger pieces had been removed by the initial UN team (Mark was able to produce high-def photographs of the original scene for the detectives on the team) but the scenes of what had once been a slaughterhouse was intimately clear. 

"We scanned for Terminus activity, of course, but there's no sign of entropic radiation anywhere around here," said Mark as he shown his flashlight into a darkly-stained crater in the cave floor that had (from the pictures) recently held a collection of matched viscera. 

A few rooms away, Monsoon (who had no need for a light) was studying an irregular-looking series of grooves and markings against a cave wall, some of them marked in blood, others in strange, bioluminscent alien fluids. "They think this was its resting room. The other, ah, Triakosia. Hair was found here, and other things, that matched DNA files. Sorry," she apologetically added.

“It’s okay this isn’t my first faux Triakosia, though none of them have been quite so violent.”

She was a little distract as she examined the scene party at the distress at what her double had done, it was all her power unleashed without her restraint, and partly at the vague impression that she’d been here before. It was vague and ill formed like a dream. Maybe her subconscious was trying to tell her something.

“This all looks so familiar like I’ve somehow seen similar. Could it be from another dimension or maybe alien technology. I believe some shapeshifters can copy people right down to the genetic level.”