Thrash the Crack House

~I can see it know: There is going to be a rabies scare and everyone is going to come hunting for me,~ he thought with a shake of his head. He didn't have any medical experience, so he simply continued on up the stairs. He passed from room to room doubting he would find anything weirder than the man in the stairwell.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival shakes his head. Anything worth looking at was probably snatched by the teleporter before she escaped. All that's left are the human detritus, all thanks to these lethal narcotics that have hit the streets. He wonders if life was simpler when only heroin and cocaine were being sold in neighbourhoods. The designer drugs like Max or Zoom are cooked in labs and made to kill or transform people into instant addicts.

There's gotta be an better way ta fight this.

He steps past the man twitching on the stairs and shouts up to Man-Bat.

"Hey, uh, I think I'm gonna head out. My friend's gonna need an aspirin and some Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs. Ya gonna be alright? The cops should be here soon."

• 4 weeks later...

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival turns to pick up Grim and he takes another look at the living room. A nagging sensation grips his chest.

Somethin' jus' ain't right.

"Ya know," he says back up the stairs. "I'll take a look while I still gotta chance."

Nightrival begins looking under the couch, under tables, and anywhere else that might hide a vital clue.

• 3 weeks later...

The living room reveals nothing of use. A lengthy search of the (filthy, decrepit) kitchen does reveal something of use: chemical residues on what appeared to be a hastily cleared-off area. Some is familiar to Nightrival: a fine gray powder he suspected was Zombie Powder, a white crystalline powder he was sure was Zoom, and a brownish liquid he was sure was Max. Some of the other residues were a complete mystery to him, though, and he wasn't even certain if they were from whatever drug operation was being run here or if they were just ancient food remnants.

NightrivalHS.jpg

His patience paid off. Nightrival shakes his head when he finds the usual suspects in the house. Zoom and Max are nothing new, but Zombie Powder? He doesn't remember seeing that drug in his neighbourhood for quite some time. Maybe their operation has become more sophisticated? The presence of Zombie Powder troubles him. He draws one of his throwing knives and scrapes some of the residue off the counter with it. He carefully puts the knife back under his belt.

Maybe I can send this ta the League an' get it all analyzed and stuff.

Nightrival exits the kitchen and lifts Grimalkin over his shoulder with one arm.

"Alright, now I'm goin'," he says to Man-Bat up the stairs. "I got what I came for." Whatever happened ta that other guy? Maybe I'll see him again.

He turns and walks out the door.

"An' stay outta trouble," he says over his shoulder.