Thrash the Crack House

Date: May 22nd, 2008

Reflexion was driving on his motorcycle on the street in night. He have recently heard about a crack house is starting to deal with designer drugs like MAX or Zoom. He is quit worried about this kind of drug dealing but also he hope that he can find more clues about The Labyrinth.

Man! I wish that I have clear information about where I can find their crack house but seem they have habitually to change place many time so that it will be much harder to track them down... He thought as he drive in the dark alley. He climbed off his motorcycle and removed the key from his motorcycle. He now tried to figure out what he should do next. He have consider about checked with every suspected building that he could find but it will take a lot of time if he do it by himself.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Across the alley, Grimalkin is perched on the very edge of a dilapidated house's rooftop, her body blending into the night sky; her pupils are dilated so wide that she would appear to have no irises, assuming you could actually see her eyes right now. She softly calls out to her mentor Nightrival, who's watching the approach to the suspected crack house from the other direction, about twenty feet away.

"We've got activity; some kind of, I dunno, ninja dude on a bike, possibly a Ninja as well. Except, y'know...nevermind."

The young heroine remains at her perch, drinking in the scene with her eyes as she waits for Rival to take action.

Unaware by other heroes, Reflexion pulled out a white PDA and some cards with movies.

"Hmm... I think that I need to refresh my memories before I go head on..." He said as he slided in with one of the card into his PDA.

"I think that I will watch some of Bruce Lee´s clips to improved my hand to hand fighting." He said as he started to watch severals of clips where Bruce Lee is fighting against the thugs and against other bad guys. Thank to his photographic reflexes, he can instantly learned any physical movements by simple watching them but even he can instantly learn new thing he will forgot other skills. So that why he need to review them many time to keep him in sharp.

NightrivalHS.jpg

For several weeks, Nightrival has been tracking the ebb and flow of illicit drugs in his neighbourhood. His attention, however, is firmly focused on a rather dangerous strain of Zoom manufactured with increased potency. Several people have been hospitalized from using the drug, and few have even died from a single gram.

Although he was able to shut down a major distributor, traces of it still linger in the Southside. His main concern is fighting small-time crooks that got their hands on the drug and continue the vicious cycle. What if they start expanding and begin dealing MAX? Zoom has a high street value. Anyone selling it could easily invest and move into other ventures.

To make matters worse, the highly respected tycoon and entrepreneur Hieronymus King is somehow connected with this dangerous narcotic. Nightrival can't prove it, since the accusation only exists as a rumour, but he's convinced that King is somehow behind all this.

Now, late in the evening, Nightrival and Grim have been patrolling the streets from the rooftops a few blocks east of Michigan Avenue. He hopes to stumble upon a dealer selling Zoom, or anything for that matter. Nothing has turned up so far. The evening is warm, and the stars are spread thinly across the sky. He hears the traffic honking and screeching all around him, and the odd voice mumbling from the street.

With no leads surfacing, he decided to follow up on an old tip. A crack house in this part of town is reputed to deal in other, more "exotic" wares. That could mean anything, from DVD players to particle beam weapons. His greasy informant was beaten to unconsciousness before he could lay out any more details.

He stands on the corner of a roof belonging to a ruined apartment building boarded up with wooden planks. Shadows shroud his lithe form like a heavy coat. Thumping hip-hip blares in the distance. He knows Grim is close, about twenty feet, but he can't see her.

Guess I'm gonna miss th' Gilmore Girls marathon.

"We've got activity; some kind of, I dunno, ninja dude on a bike, possibly a Ninja as well. Except, y'know...nevermind."

Nightrival perks up his ears. He looks at the newcomer, who is watching Bruce Lee kick a hapless extra on a PDA. What's with the fancy screen? Lee cries out and flexes his muscles on the glowing screen.

"Must be a new guy," he whispers back, "I've never seen 'em before. Let's see what 'e does."

Reflexion watched how Bruce Lee performing his famous techniques, the One Inch Punch on a person before he shut down his PDA and putting it away.

"Alright, now I have learned little bit of Jeet Kune Do... or it was Wing Chun... Never mind!" He said and then he got a odd feeling that somebody is watching at him. He carefully watched around in his surround but because it is night now it is more difficult to spot them.

"Is anybody there? If so... please come out or else I will force you out by singing the horribly version of Barney´s theme song!" He scream as he tried to attract them out from their hiding.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival cocks his head. The newcomer's unusual response is unexpected, and the vigilante doesn't know how to respond. Nightrival looks him up and down. This person appears well-armed and is clearly outfitted for raiding a crack house, or even taking on the Crime League. He crouches and drapes his legs over his thighs.

"Well, 'e's got good instincts," he says to Grim. "And 'e hasn't shot at us. Maybe we oughta introduce ourselves. Whattaya think?"

"Well, 'e's got good instincts," he says to Grim. "And 'e hasn't shot at us. Maybe we oughta introduce ourselves. Whattaya think?"

Grim shrugs, and then realizes the pointlessness of the action, given her current state. "Oh, uh, sure." She drops her mysterious aura and appears with a grin. "Last one on the ground is an old man in tights!" With that taunt, she does a backflip off the roof to the ground below.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival smirks in reply and dashes across the ledge of the roof to the side facing the alley. He leaps off the edge, tucks in and flips over to catch the fire escape in his hands. Bounding off the rusted metal perch, he rolls in the air then soundlessly alights on his hands and feet beside Grim and the newcomer. He stands and tips his head to Grim.

"I guess I'ma an old dude in tights."

Nightrival looks to the newcomer; he crosses his arms and lowers his chin.

"We're th' welcomin' committe. Yer a new face so's we wanted ta meet ya." He offers his hand. "I'm Nightrival."

Reflexion turned to other hero and notice it was Nightrival who he have seen in television before. When Nightrival introduced himself and offer his hand for handshake, he thought about it before he decide to shake his hand.

"I have seen you in television before. I call myself Reflexion." He said as he shaking his hand to Nightrival.

Reflexion became more serious and it took him a moment before he answered.

"The reason I came here is because that I have heard that a crack house is dealing with MAX or Zoom drugs. If they started to spreading it too much, sooner or later we will get even more criminals with temporary super powers."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"The reason I came here is because that I have heard that a crack house is dealing with MAX or Zoom drugs. If they started to spreading it too much, sooner or later we will get even more criminals with temporary super powers."

Nightrival drops his arms and spreads his shoulders. "Huh. We got the same target, then. I 'eard this place is slingin' stuff above an' beyond the usual merchandise. I was 'fraid it might be MAX or Zoom."

He glances at Grim, searching for a means to co-ordinate their raid under this new circumstance, then looks at the ground while nodding his head before returning his attention to Reflexion.

"You mind some company?" he asks. "We can approach the house at different sides, surprise 'em 'fore they can get away."

"What a coincidence! In this case... we can work together to dealing them. But one condition... I need least one who are fulled conscious because I need to ask them about some thing..." He said as he crossed his arms as he begin look even more serious.

"By the way... Which side are you gonna take?"

NightrivalHS.jpg

"Sounds good," replies Nightrival. "I'll keep one of 'em conscious fer ya. 'Bout choosin' sides, though . . . lemme think."

Nightrival walks to the end of the alley and presses his back against the wall. He looks around the corner to examine the house in question. He narrows his eyes; the front door appears unprotected and the windows on the first floor have bars installed. The roof only has a thin chimney, not large enough to fit Nightrival or Relexion, but perhaps Grim. Suddenly, he forms an idea.

"Alright, we gotta stay quiet 'ere on out. I'll take th' roof an' distract 'em. Ya can take the front and hit 'em from behind. Grim can take th' back door an' help ya out. Whatta ya think?"

"I don´t mind taking the front side and I will try to keep noise down as much as possibly. And also even it don´t look very heavily guarded outside the building but I suspected they have guards inside the building and they may be heavily armed or powered themself with the drugs." He said as he checking some of his arrows with arrowhead that are made of rubber.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival peers across his shoulder. "Good. Barge in when ya 'ear my signal - like stuff breakin' an' people shootin' - then come on in an' join th' fun."

He slips away from the corner and vanishes into the night, away from the flickering streetlamps. He creeps towards the house; first he slithers past a mailbox, then an alder tree, and finally to the side of the house bathed in shadow. He peers upwards and peeks around the corner, then he clambers up a battered drain pipe running down the house, hand over hand, inching slowly to the top.

When he reaches his destination, he rolls onto the roof and glides to the edge, where he crouches above a closed window. A thick cloud sails past the moon and screens its cool light.

After warmly introducing herself ("But you can call me Grim; everyone does."), Grim becomes uncharacteristically quiet as her boss rattles out the details of the plan, the whole time thinking about the new ability she's developed...and hasn't told him about yet. She hasn't told anyone about the goo, partly because it's so weird, and partly out of guilt; she didn't discover she could pass through tight spaces until after her and Nightrival's terrible ordeal at the hands of Warden. If only it had manifested sooner, she could have saved them so much suffering...

There's no time for moping right now. You've got your orders, now go follow them like the good soldier you are. Maybe you'll get your chance to show him tonight, right?

The slightly-built heroine fades into nothingness once more and quietly makes her way around the back, searching for any available opening no matter how small, but still keeping her eyes open for doors on general principal.

"Goody... Now we can real start to party." Reflexion said as he followed their example by vanish into the darkness as he silently moved to front of the building.

He making sure that he keep hiding in the darkness as he slowly move up. Good thing that he have watched some movie clips with ninja´s stealth techniques before he going out.

As he get closer to the crack house, he pulled out his baton from his belt with his right hand. With combined of Warden´s tonfa technique and Wildcard´s throwing skills make him quit formidable baton fighter.

ManBat took to the air as he did every night. Unable to support himself with a normal job, he was forced to live off of what little money the criminal’s in the area carried on them. Playing vigilante was more of a required occupation than a life choice. Problem was that most thieves stole because they didn’t have much to begin with themselves. So Manbat’s pickings were slim.

This night he caught movement on the rooftops, which promised something more interesting than a carjacker or mugger. ManBat circled the skies, his winged form silhouetted against the dark clouds. While his eyesight was good, it was not supernatural. He could barely make out two dark figures dancing from shadow to shadow. His ears on the other hand alerted him to much more…there was a third figure. Intrigued, he listened in on their conversation. It seemed the three were intent on raiding a suspected crack house. They did not sound like cops or Swat. ~I do believe I found myself some of Freedom City’s elusive heroes,~ he thought with a toothy grin.

ManBat weighed his options. His appearance led most to believe that he was a monster or at the very least a super villain; so he was reluctant simply to swoop down and introduce himself. The three strangers seemed about ready to jump into action, however. ManBat would have to make his decision on what to do, and quick! He would help if for no other reason than to get some drugs off the streets. His little brother got hooked on drugs, and ManBat couldn’t stand the idea of people profiting off that garbage. ~Besides dealer’s do intent to have a lot of money on ‘em…~ he thought. ~Perhaps I’ll let my actions do the talking…~

He made a wide circle of the area. Atop one roof he plucked a large piece of worn sheet rock from a discarded pile. It would be his “key†to accessing the skylight.

Nightrival moves to the upper floor, while Grialkin moves around back and Reflexion goes for the front door.

The three find dingy windows to peer into -- Nighrival's window peers into a bedroom, Grimalkin's opens to a kitchen, and Reflexion's to the living room. All the rooms are sparsely furnished, and what items are within are very dingy and soiled.

Grimalkin sees that the kitchen has been converted into some sort of Meth lab, framed by lots of scorch marks from out-of-control fires. A very jittery man is inside, staring intently at a swirling flask on one of the hot plates.

Reflexion sees several painfully scrawny people in the living room, two sprawled out on the lone couch and three sprawled across the floor in the middle of the room. A sixth is curled around a busted television set in the corner. At first he's not sure they're alive, though after a few seconds he does see some weak movements from all of them.

Nightrival spies four people in the bedroom, two men and two women. He recognizes the rail-thin man in the purple suit as "Slick" Willie, a known drug dealer and pimp. Next to him was his bodyguard, the large Samoan known only as Heavy. He wasn't a Metahuman, but was known to use Max and other super-steroids to enhance his musculature; the fact he was able to stand on this second story without the floors giving way indicated that the house wasn't in too bad a state of disrepair. Willie was talking rather excitedly to the two women, one Hispanic and the other of some indeterminate Asian ancestry. Both wore revealing dresses that accentuated their more obvious assets, with matching purses, though neither carried herself like one of Willie's girls. The indeterminately Asian one talked back to Willie, while the Hispanic one remained silent, looking back and forth between Willie and Heavy.

As Nighrival saw the clouds pass over the moon, he could just make out something else in the sky, something barely seen from the corner of his eye, something that did not belong.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Well, well. Ol' Slick Willie is in th' 'hood. I shoulda known. An' 'e brought 'Eavy along wit 'em; 'e might be a problem. Nightrival disregards the two women in the room. If I move fast I can take out - wait, wha's that?

He sees something stirring in his vision's periphery, a winged creature soaring along the clouds. Its wings resemble those found on a bat but the creature is far too large to be one. Nightrival watches the creature for a moment, trying to identify it. There's always someone, or something, flying above Freedom City, and Southside is no exception. The creature's close proximity to the house bothers him. Whatta am I goin' ta do? Jump up an' grab 'is legs?

Nightrival can't see what the creature exactly is and he can't reach it, so he resigns himself to remain aware of its presence.

With his hands holding onto the ledge, he backflips over the edge and slams his feet into the window,

cracking the surface. He hangs from the ledge, bends his knees and kicks the window. The glass shatters under his weight, then Nightrival corkscrews through the window and lands on the floor just on the other side, all in one motion. He faces the occupants with a drop stance, his eyes seem to radiate with an unnatural glow.

"Everybody clear out!"

When Reflexion when inside, he notice severals people who are lying around. Through his mind, he assume that they have took the drugs that brought them in this states. He notice their weak movement and he don´t if is a trap.

He slowly walked inside the room as he carefully looked at the scrawny people. He don´t know what he should handle them, he could checked them but he don´t want to risk for deadly ambush. But if he ignore them, they could properly die. So he decided to check out with one of them and he started with the one who is curled at the television set.

Hearing the sound of breaking glass, Manbat turns and dives towards the house. He flings the heavy piece of partical board ahead of him, shattering a window and making himself an entrance. A split second before reaching the window, he tucks his arms and wings close to his body. Once through he spreads them back out to either side as wide as he can, slowing himself, knocking over furniture, and making quite the commotion.

Meth labs are something like haunted houses to the kids of today; something you hear horrible stories about, but never expect to encounter unless you grow up in the wrong kind of neighborhood. Most of the stories Grim heard growing up involved crazy 'cooks' all hopped up on the inhaled fumes of their product and fires that take out whole houses. The very sight of Twitchy Pete and his Amazing Exploding Methworks makes her blood run cold.

Dear God, what if there are kids in this place? Aren't there always kids in these places? And we're about to hit this place like a ton of bricks...

Still invisible to the untrained eye, Grim quickly looks for a crack around the edge of the window just big enough to pour herself through; once she finds one, she closes her eyes, places her fingers right up to the gap and goes soft, oozing inside to form a pool on the kitchen floor.

Rival is so going to freak when he finds out about this. :shock: