Lights, Camera, Action! (OOC)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Exaccus

With Miracle Girl and Sea Devil on their way to show Doctor Deoxy what they've found, I imagine that he's going to be busy with that, unless you have other plans?

@Blarghy

I think that the others will be busy dealing with the clown in the films for the time being, which should affords you enough time to play Lone Wolf and do some investigating of the more traditional sort.

Everyone, expect a fresh post in within the hour; I'm already typing.

I like where this is going.

@Exaccus

Barring any conflicting opinions, and due to my having dropped the ball on this more than once already, I'm content with assuming Dr. Deoxy successfully jury-rigged his tracking device while the others were busy with their side-plots.

He would have had at least an hour (probably closer to three) to work on it while Miracle Girl and Sea Devil were scouring movies for the clown, so the timetable shouldn't be an issue. Does that sound good to you?

Your skill-ranks would make rolling for success a borderline redundancy regardless.

Edited by Sophistemon

@Blarghy:
That's fine. Here's what you turn up during the course of your Search.

Spoiler

The medicine cabinet in the bathroom was largely cleared out, leaving behind only a few old bottles of expired aspirin and two half-empty tubes of hydrocortisone cream. The small wastepaper basket serving the room as a trashcan held, among the tissues used to wipe away makeup, an empty bottle of antihistamine nasal-spray. The kitchen was tidy, but the refrigerator contained something interesting: a bottle of cloudy white insulin and a selection of needles. In addition to her allergies, Gabby Brown would also appear to be a diabetic. The living room was a film-fan's paradise, with three of the walls housing bookshelves laden down with movies of every era though, of course, with a definite preference for the 70s and 80s. They came in VHS, LaserDisc, DVD, and Blu-Ray. There were even a few of those HD-DVDs left over from the format wars, not to mention a very small number of the newly released 4K discs. In her bedroom, in the suitcase, he found the rest of her medicine cabinet: birth control, fluid for the preservation of contact lenses, eye-drops, more nasal spray, and a small cold-retaining bag probably intended to house the insulin he'd found earlier. She had packed enough clothes for a few days, at least. On a desk in the bedroom Adept found a mouse-pad. Behind the desk he found a mouse, and a power cable, but no laptop. Beneath the bed itself he found a cell phone, face down on the carpet. Pressing the power button revealed a selfie of Brown herself. She was looking up into the camera, her yes shining and mouth wide with a smile. She looked happy.

Edited by Sophistemon

Hmmm.  Would you say that Adept's warrant lets him take anything that isn't actually illegal?  Because he wants that cell phone.  If he can't claim it as evidence and return it to headquarters for full examination and an inquiry to Brown's provider for her recent calls and texts, then he'll settle for rifling through it and just copying down her contacts and such. 

Want me to just go ahead and make another IC post once you answer that?  Or do you have anything to reply with first?

I'd imagine that seizing the cell phone as evidence would be within reason for your average, everyday beat-cop.

For an Agent of AEGIS, I'm sure that such a thing could be rationalized six ways from Sunday.

And, yes; please make another post detailing Adept's reaction to what he's found.

@Avenger Assembled, @Exaccus, @Heritage:

I apologize for the absence of clarification.

For those of you who are outside of the film (Miracle Girl and Doctor Deoxy), you can hear Punchline's voice emerge, crackling, from Miracle Girl's radio.

For those of you who are inside of the film (Sea Devil) you can hear Punchline's voice emerge, cackling, from his own ceaselessly yapping mouth.