Is there a way to make this concept happen?

OK, I feel uneasy about starting a new topic while another one of mine is directly below it. If I'm not supposed to post a new topic so shortly after please tell me and sorry for doing it.

I had an idea about making a m&m ghost, but I have found no ghost in the pre-gen characters so I have no source to base it off of. I assumed ,that since a zombie is in the list of construct examples,that a ghost would be made as a construct. I have never made a construct before and I would like some help with understanding constructs. If anyone has an idea of how to make a ghost without using constructs I would be very interested in hearing those ideas. Thank you for your help.

Hmm. There's an example of a ghost in Freedom City as a villain. I'll assume you don't have that book and give the general advice for making a ghost construct character.

First, a ghost will typically have no Strength or Constitution, Immunity to all Fortitude effects, and Insubstantial 4. You have to choose one thing that the Insubstantial doesn't work against; magic is a common choice for ghosts. These powers cost a net of 30 power points (-20 for lacking Strength and Constitution, 20 for the Insubstantial, and 30 for the Immunity (Fortitude effects)). You may want some Protection or Force Field to help with your Toughness save; even ghosts still end up getting hit by superheroes.

Second, the ghost will have some way of affecting the world. This is usually a couple ranks of Telekinesis with the Affects Corporeal extra. The ghost may have other powers. All powers that aren't sensory powers also need the Affects Corporeal extra in order to do something against the living.

Third, the ghost will have ranks in either Flight or Super-Movement (air-walking) to help get around.

Finally, a ghost will also have ranks in Regeneration (Resurrection), with the condition that prevents the resurrection depending on why the ghost became a ghost instead of just dying.

That's the basic ghost. If you have further questions, feel free to post them here.

That is a good start, but I am having problems with the no con thing. In the 2ed core book it says if you have no con score then you auto fail con checks. How does a ghost fail a con check, can I buy immunity con checks? The con check from starvation is easy, 1pp for immuntiy starvation and thirst.

It also says that a construct can not recover from damage, they have to be repaired. How do you repair a ghost? If it isn't a construct, how do you recover from damage if you auto fail con checks? I do have a pdf copy of freedom city somewhere on a jump drive, but I can't really find it right now. Which freedom city villian is a ghost? If I can find his/her write up that might answer most of my questions. I also know all these questions are bit basic and annoying put into one post, sorry I've never made one of these before.

Buying Immunity to Fortitude saves essentially covers the auto-failure of Constitution checks as well. It contains Immunity (starvation and thirst), Immunity (sleep), Immunity (suffocation), and so on.

By buying ranks in Regeneration, you can build a ghost that can heal itself. You would need some ranks to improve your Recovery bonus (which begins at -4 with one rank, and improves by one for each rank you put in it).

The Silver Scream is on page 218. Since she's intended to be used as a villain, she doesn't include the Regeneration that I just spoke about. You'd want some ranks in Regeneration, and I'd also recommend ranks in Force Field so that you won't be knocked out by the first attack that Affects Insubstantial.

I found my copy of freedom city last night, so I saw the writeup of the silver scream lady. I don't have a copy of the book of magic, but when I get it I will look at the pre gen ghost. I have been working with Vaalus on the ghost and I have worked out most of the problems, the main one being running out of pps. Thank you for your help. I am going to continue working with Vaalus on this, and if I run into anymore problems I will talk to him first then post a question if we can't figure it out.

Ok. I ran into another problem that I need help with. My ghost is a dead mage, and one of his magic powers is a possession, 3pp per rank 10 ranks. It is affects corporeal and sense dependant, so that they must hear my chanting to be affected. It goes with the real life rule that disbelief and ignorance are the best defense agianst magic. The other one is a petrification, 3pp per rank 10 ranks, continuous(+1), restorative(-1), gaze(+0, perception range, sense dependant) to represent being "scared stiff".They must look into my eyes to get scared. I didn't know if you guys would have a problem with these powers, so I am asking.

I'll let the other Refs chime in too, but I personally would not be thrilled with a continuous transform attack power. We pretty much frown on any "save or die" type powers. I think you'll find that the other players will frown on this as well, but I could be wrong.

That is a good idea. I guess I just over looked that power. Did any of you have a problem with the sense dependant (hearing), affects corporeal possession? It is sustained (lasting), will save, standard action (active).

I don't, because Mind Control victims get to keep saving against the effect, they can use Extra Effort to get an immediate additional save, and stunning you will free them from the effect. I think that is plenty of second chances.

I'll note that you don't need Affects Corporeal with your Possession. Possession is based on Mind Control, and Mind Control is a sensory (mental) effect. Sensory effects automatically affect corporeal as easily as they affect incorporeal.

Also, you would have a chance to sustain the power when stunned with a Concentration check, the same as any Sustained power. The general point about having many chances to overcome the power is well-taken, though.