Handling of Dimension and Time travel powers

Master_Pelle

The challenges they present are entirely separate, I think, and far more pronounced in the case of Time Travel than Dimension Travel. There are any number of powers that can allow you to escape a losing battle- movement, concealment, that sort of thing- and Dimension Travel can provide any number of adventure hooks. But Time Travel can bring a lot of things to a screeching halt, allowing characters to do encounters over and over again until they get them right, and makes any kind of linear storytelling a real bear.

The challenges they present are entirely separate, I think, and far more pronounced in the case of Time Travel than Dimension Travel. There are any number of powers that can allow you to escape a losing battle- movement, concealment, that sort of thing- and Dimension Travel can provide any number of adventure hooks. But Time Travel can bring a lot of things to a screeching halt, allowing characters to do encounters over and over again until they get them right, and makes any kind of linear storytelling a real bear.

Well... I have reading small info about Dr Tomorrow from Freedom City seeeting. Dr Tomrrow came from in time where nazist won the war so that he tried to come back in WW2 and tried to change it. But even he have changed the time, when he come back to his time, he find that his world don't have even changed. So in other word, instead trying to change time, they will just create a new alternate world.

Well... I have reading small info about Dr Tomorrow from Freedom City seeeting. Dr Tomrrow came from in time where nazist won the war so that he tried to come back in WW2 and tried to change it. But even he have changed the time, when he come back to his time, he find that his world don't have even changed. So in other word, instead trying to change time, they will just create a new alternate world.

I have wondering how you as GM and referrer will handle character that have dimension and time travel powers? It can be difficult if player decided to go back in time and change it or that they escaped by going through other dimension.

I have no problem with limited, "bubble" uses of the time powers listed in the core book and UP (Time Control and Time Stop). I also have no problem with Dimensional Movement and Temporal Movement per se. You should, however, keep in mind that this is a Freedom City campaign, and it is not really focused on other dimensions or time periods. You certainly won't be able to use Temporal Movement to change the past or the future (not for 6 PPs . . . that's just crazy). So, I'm fine with it, but keep in mind that if you frequently spend time in the past or in other dimensions, you may find yourself playing this game alone. And that wouldn't be much fun.

I have wondering how you as GM and referrer will handle character that have dimension and time travel powers? It can be difficult if player decided to go back in time and change it or that they escaped by going through other dimension.

I have no problem with limited, "bubble" uses of the time powers listed in the core book and UP (Time Control and Time Stop). I also have no problem with Dimensional Movement and Temporal Movement per se. You should, however, keep in mind that this is a Freedom City campaign, and it is not really focused on other dimensions or time periods. You certainly won't be able to use Temporal Movement to change the past or the future (not for 6 PPs . . . that's just crazy). So, I'm fine with it, but keep in mind that if you frequently spend time in the past or in other dimensions, you may find yourself playing this game alone. And that wouldn't be much fun.

So a character from another dimension (or whose headquarters is in another dimension) would be playing relatively solo much of the time? No GM or ref handling NPCs?

This is primarily a player-driven endeavor, so yeah, pretty much.

I'm not saying you're going to be ignored, or that the refs won't help you out. And I'll bet if you asked one of them nicely, they'd run an NPC or two for you. But as I said . . . this is a Freedom City campaign, and since player interaction is the main focus of this site, actually being in Freedom City is pretty crucial to being active.

So a character from another dimension (or whose headquarters is in another dimension) would be playing relatively solo much of the time? No GM or ref handling NPCs?

I'm not saying you're going to be ignored, or that the refs won't help you out. And I'll bet if you asked one of them nicely, they'd run an NPC or two for you. But as I said . . . this is a Freedom City campaign, and since player interaction is the main focus of this site, actually being in Freedom City is pretty crucial to being active.