What are you reading?

cosmicarus

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Friday, up until the end where she marries you-know-who. Still love the character, but not so much how the book ends. But again, Heinlein was a nutty guy, and you have to love him for it, even when you hate him. ;)

Yes! It's like the way Leela left Doctor Who, back in the day! :evil:

Friday goes from kick@ss warrior woman to baby machine in the blink of an eye; I have no problems with strong female characters having babies, more power to them, but in her case it was like a switch flipped and boom! no more action, lots of babies.

One of the many reasons I loved The Incredibles was the fact that Elastigirl was allowed to do both. :clap:

I loved Soon I will be Invincible, I've read it twice. I'm currently in the middle of "Drinking Midnight Wine." It's very good adult fantasy(that's adult as in over 18, not adult as in Ron Jeremy.) It's funny without taking away from the story, and has some interesting takes on old ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my planned beach vacation reads is Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Also the 2nd and 3rd Star Doc novels, which are kinda like the Sector General series I mentioned a few posts up, but not as good. (True, there's not the "women can only be nurses b/c the female brain can't possibly learn all that's needed to know to be a doctor" 50s sexism holdover as seen in SG, but that is that series only flaw; the medicine and science in that series is up front and solid, and the aliens aren't of the Star Trek "mostly humanoid, and can interbreed with anything regardless of background" type, they are weird and wondrous in variety. By contrast, the first SD book had about as much medical science as an ep of Grey's Anatomy, and there is repeated mention of cross-breeding.)